Team You Support?

• From AFC

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • From NFC

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who do you follow?

Seems somehow right that the Power fans follow the Raiders and the Crows fans follow the 9ers.;)

Neddy36...what's up with this Buffalo love?

'Tis funny. I started following the Raiders in about 1990 (LA Raiders then), when one X-Mas someone gave me a Raiders jersey (maybe as it was black and white) and have followed them ever since. Went and bought an NFL season yearbook which had all of the teams and squads in, and then set about (pre internet days) trying to find scores etc which back then you were lucky to get in the papers.

I forget how bad it was trying to keep informed pre internet days.....:thumbsdown:

For the people that have followed the NFL for some time, how did you come to choose your team before we really got any info or coverage?

Interesting comparison. The Raiders-Niners or the Bears-Packers would fit the Crows-Port thing either way. You'll find many Port fans follow NFL teams specifically that have a great championship winning record - like they deliberately pick a team for that reason. So you get a lot of Port fans who are Packer fans or Patriot fans. I wouldn't want to say that's THE reason they do that, but there'd be a portion of them who do. Not like they're disloyal bandwagoners, or fair-weather fans, they'll stick by that NFL team like they stick by their AFL team, but chances are the reason they picked that NFL team was "which team is the Port Adelaide of the NFL" type of thinking. It would be more the newcomer to NFL who would pick the Patriots instead of the Packers tho.

There was a thread I did some time ago where I tried to match up AFL teams with NFL teams, it was provocative and controversial, and by no means definitive, as it's all personal perception/choice, but I might "bump" that just to get some more feedback this year with this board becoming more populated of late.

Not really sure in the NFL; I liked the Bengals for a bit but now they are a bunch of criminals...I follow certain players rather than sides. Vince Young, AJ Hawk, Steve Smith guys like that with good character will do for me...

That's totally understandable, however, you should still have a team. Does it have to be Ohio based?

For the people that have followed the NFL for some time, how did you come to choose your team before we really got any info or coverage?

There wasn't much reason to go for the Packers when I started following them...

The #1 reason I went for Green Bay was Sterling Sharpe. We'd be saying Jerry who? if it wasn't for Sterling's neck injury. One of the few bright lights for the Packers in the early 90's. Who know's what he could've done while Brett was at his peak.

t1_sharpe_all.jpg

Also, the Green and Gold colours clinched it for me.

It would be good if we had regular representatives of all 32 teams.

I am sure I have seen fans of these teams on this board: NY Giants, Cincinatti, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Tennessee

But I dont think I've ever seen any fans of: Cleveland, Houston, Kansas City, Minnesota, Carolina.

Definitely some Cinci fans on here. I may just blow in during the playoffs, but I know there were some last year during the playoffs who were comparing Palmer to Manning and Brady and telling me I knew nothing about how lines are set. I thought it was funny that they were throwing stones at Pitt and NE when they haven't won a playoff game since Icky was shuffling. Maybe Woodson will remember who they were.

Just looked it up - it was Coasting. Also, I may be crazy, didn't look it up, but wasn't there a Bengals fan who started a thread not too long ago about switching teams because he was moving to Atlanta? Seemed to remember a Bengals avatar. It was a Russian name that started with R. I think. I hope I'm not imagining that.

I am sure I have seen fans of these teams on this board: NY Giants, Cincinatti, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Tennessee

That could've been Mizza...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I dont think I've ever seen any fans of: Cleveland, Houston, Kansas City, Minnesota, Carolina.

There are a few Minnesota fans lurking here too. Again, can't remember the names. I know there's a Titans fan out there, recently converted back to NFL. There are plenty of Bengals fans here. Indy too!

Jacksonville, Carolina, Houston and KC would be the only ones I haven't seen. Houston are my 2nd team anyway but I guess that doesn't count.

Minnesota Vikings for Me.

i started following them early in Culpeppers career and i thought randy moss was an absolute gun , but i have stuck with them even though they have both left , we are due to pick up a decent quarter back soon , not that brad johnson is utterly crap, it's just that he is like 40 years old.

Last I heard tho he was also moving to Georgia and planning on taking up as a Falcons fan.

Ah yes I remember. Well since he has gone from bad to worse, why dont we help him out and denote him as the BigFooty Houston Texan fan since we are never gunna get one anyway ;)

I'd have to know your personality a little better to make a proper suggestion. Can you give me some teams you have a soft spot for and why? Then I can sort of find a better match.
I don't mind the Jets because I like Mangini, and think he has a big future in the league. I like the Packers because I love Brett Favre and AJ Hawk and love their storied history. Don't mind the Eagles but mostly coz of Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid. Hate the Steelers, and the Ravens. What I usually end up doing is choosing the side I don't hate and following them. Love Alex Smith, QB at the 9ers, and also love Steve Smith for the Panthers...

I don't mind the Jets because I like Mangini, and think he has a big future in the league. I like the Packers because I love Brett Favre and AJ Hawk and love their storied history. Don't mind the Eagles but mostly coz of Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid. Hate the Steelers, and the Ravens. What I usually end up doing is choosing the side I don't hate and following them. Love Alex Smith, QB at the 9ers, and also love Steve Smith for the Panthers...

From what you posted, to me it seems obvious that you would make a good Packers fan. You mention the word 'love' a couple of times when describing two of their players, but more significantly, their storied history.That latter one will hold in you far more than the other reasons you give for the others. Steve Smith could retire or get traded, Alex Smith could get traded, McNabb could retire injured and Andy Reid start coaching another team....therefore you would cease to like those teams they USED TO work for.

Sounds like you're a Packers fan and you're second favorite team would be the Jets.

Also, coincidentally, most of those teams you like are Green as their dominant color. Jets, Packers and Eagles. Maybe there's something in that.

Definitely welcome on the Packers bandwagon if you so choose.

YOu get to be part of two of the best rivalries in the NFL, you get to brag that your team has the most championships, two of the greatest QBs ever (course I'm talking about Lynn Dickey and Don Majikowski), the greatest coach and sooo many other things...

get on, we're on the rise again...

Remove this Banner Ad

Other BF NFL Supporters List (2001-06)

Back