Team You Support?

• From AFC

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • From NFC

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who do you follow?

From what you posted, to me it seems obvious that you would make a good Packers fan. You mention the word 'love' a couple of times when describing two of their players, but more significantly, their storied history.That latter one will hold in you far more than the other reasons you give for the others. Steve Smith could retire or get traded, Alex Smith could get traded, McNabb could retire injured and Andy Reid start coaching another team....therefore you would cease to like those teams they USED TO work for.

Sounds like you're a Packers fan and you're second favorite team would be the Jets.

Also, coincidentally, most of those teams you like are Green as their dominant color. Jets, Packers and Eagles. Maybe there's something in that.
Plus they have the green and gold of the motherland, and they are based in a fairly small town, just like where I grew up in oz. Sold! Carn the Packers...any news on whether Favre will be back next year? :D

Neddy36...what's up with this Buffalo love?

Picked the Bills as my team back in 1989 after watching a game between Buffalo and the Houston Oilers. Moon vs Kelly and it was a shootout, I think like 41-38 (OT). I thought Jim Kelly was awesome and I liked the Bills helmet logo so I chose them. The 4 Superbowl loses were devastating and it has been very lean times in recent memory but I feel we are turning the corner.

Bills/Crows what a choking combo!! :D

There should be more Bills fans. Very proud and likable organization.

Thanks for the kind words g.g. :thumbsu:

Small market teams do it a bit tougher than some but the Bills fans are loyal and loud. The Bills get absolutely no love from Sportscenter and other US media outlets, they just brush over Bills highlights (Maybe if the Bills were in the NFC East it would be a different story!!).

Hopefully next year we can start winning some more, get some new fans on board and finally make the playoffs again.

I am also a Bills fan - pit we are chokers!

How Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith never got the job done in the big one, I'll never know.

I don't think the Bills choked necessarily. They should have beaten the Giants in that first one, but played really well thruout that game. No turnovers, etc. Funnily enough, the Bills lost to 'the Bills' in that one (Bill Parcels and Bill Belichick).

The #1 offense (bills) vs the #1 defense (giants). The Giants controlled the ball for over 40 minutes but the Bills D was still holding tough the whole game.

In the next SB loss to the Redskins, it was a case of the best two offenses in the league, but the Redskins had one of the best D's and the Bills the worst in the league. The Skins just walked all over them defensively early on, was a matter of time, and the Bills struggled to get back into it. They came back late but it was not enough. So in that whole situation of a top D (redskins) and playing catch-up, Kelly got picked off a number of times and lots of sacks and fumbles. They had also played a really hard game against the Broncos in the Conference Championship that took its toll. I think they were also without their two best defenders for most of the season, making them quite vulnerable.

In the next SB losses, it was a case of just unfortunately running into a mighty Dallas era. They should be thankful for their poor seasons before this SB, allowing them to get Irvin, Aikman and Smith in the drafts!! Again the Bills ranked #1 or thereabouts in offense. But they were carrying some injuries into that game and made the SB thru the wildcards, just too tough. In the end they capitulated rather than choked. I take choke meaning having a good lead and momentum in either game and somehow letting the other team back in to win thru nerves of realizing you're winning or going to win.

Those were great days for Bills. The Bills offense would have to be ranked one of the all-time best ever. That whole no-huddle offense with Kelly actually also being his own offensive-coordinator drawing up his own plays and calling them at the line. What a great QB. Unfortunately his name always seems to be forgotten when mentioning the greats, but he was right up there with all of them, perhaps more due to him taking on the role of offensive coordinator as well. Just a collection of bad luck, injuries, and super-power Dallas era that they collided into.

Neddy36,
I'm totally the same, started watching NFL around 89 and picked the Bills as my team because I liked the helmet, Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas.
Those 4 superbowls were heartbreaking but looking back what an effort to make that 4 in a row!
Bills fans are a loyal and passionate bunch, I went to Orchard Park to see the Bills v Jags a couple of years ago and while we didn't win it was just great to be there and talk to some of the fans!
I share your pain about being Crows/Bills fan, I'm a Dockers/Bills fan, I hurt all year round!!:D

g.g. - pretty much spot on with your review of the Bills. With regards to the first Superbowl, I can remember that game so vividly. Giants played well and had a great strategy for us. Can always remember the look on Jim Kelly's face when Norwood missed that FG. He was completely gutted. g.g. I am sure you can remember the AFC Championship game that year, Bills 51, Raiders 3. I just can't imagine such a lop-sided AFC Title game, especially after the last few we have seen. It seemed like we could do no wrong that day.

That Broncos AFC Championship game in 1991 from memory was a 3 point game, like 10-7 or 13-10 (I should check). The Skins cruised against Detroit so they had that confidence, etc. In regards to Dallas, they were peaking when we faced them. I think a lot of great teams in history would have a tough time playing against the Cowboys of 92 and 93. I loved that Wildcard game against Houston where we came back from 35-3 down in the 3rd to win 41-38 in OT, what a game! :p

The glory days, such good times and bring back such great memories. So many trading cards from that era too (the money I spent on trading cards, ********!)

Neddy36,
I'm totally the same, started watching NFL around 89 and picked the Bills as my team because I liked the helmet, Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas.
Those 4 superbowls were heartbreaking but looking back what an effort to make that 4 in a row!
Bills fans are a loyal and passionate bunch, I went to Orchard Park to see the Bills v Jags a couple of years ago and while we didn't win it was just great to be there and talk to some of the fans!
I share your pain about being Crows/Bills fan, I'm a Dockers/Bills fan, I hurt all year round!!:D

My brother!!!! :D Indeed it was a fine achievement, 4 straight AFC Championships but without a Superbowl win, there is always that shadow.

I am very envious to the fact you have been to a Bills Home game. I have been to 8 NFL games but never a Bills game, must do so one day.

Don't worry about being a Dockers/Bills fan, both teams have bright futures so I hope there is good times ahead, but not at the Crows expense. ;)

g.g. - pretty much spot on with your review of the Bills. With regards to the first Superbowl, I can remember that game so vividly. Giants played well and had a great strategy for us. Can always remember the look on Jim Kelly's face when Norwood missed that FG. He was completely gutted. g.g. I am sure you can remember the AFC Championship game that year, Bills 51, Raiders 3. I just can't imagine such a lop-sided AFC Title game, especially after the last few we have seen. It seemed like we could do no wrong that day.

That Broncos AFC Championship game in 1991 from memory was a 3 point game, like 10-7 or 13-10 (I should check). The Skins cruised against Detroit so they had that confidence, etc. In regards to Dallas, they were peaking when we faced them. I think a lot of great teams in history would have a tough time playing against the Cowboys of 92 and 93. I loved that Wildcard game against Houston where we came back from 35-3 down in the 3rd to win 41-38 in OT, what a game! :p

The glory days, such good times and bring back such great memories. So many trading cards from that era too (the money I spent on trading cards, ********!)

I rate the Bills and Kelly & co so highly because they murdered so many teams in their day. Absolutely murdered them. Everyone talks of the high-powered Colts/Manning offense but that Bills team IMO was one of the best teams of all-time.

And yeah, Bills never choked (losing a winning lead/position). They just got outplayed from the get-go in all four losses, but the first one they really hung in there defensively under seige, and the score was low due to less Giants firepower and the Parcells tactic of sapping up the clock.

The AFC East is going to be interesting in the next few years. The Dolphins, Jets and Bills are sure to rise to playoff caliber and the Pats probably maintain a playoff standard whilever Brady is there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see so much Buffalo love in the room :D

Buffalo/Geelong - surely I take the prize :(

Almost uncanny in the resemblance of their GF / SB failures.

Great to see so much Buffalo love in the room :D

Buffalo/Geelong - surely I take the prize :(

Almost uncanny in the resemblance of their GF / SB failures.

Funny you say that. When I first read g.g.'s NFL/AFL comparison thread the first comparison I thought of was Bills/Cats.

Funny you say that. When I first read g.g.'s NFL/AFL comparison thread the first comparison I thought of was Bills/Cats.

Yep, both had high octane offences, scoring records through the regular season, but an inability to get it done in the big one.

Unfortunately, as long as the Bills perservere with JPL at QB, I can't see it changing in a hurry.

Yep, both had high octane offences, scoring records through the regular season, but an inability to get it done in the big one.

Unfortunately, as long as the Bills perservere with JPL at QB, I can't see it changing in a hurry.

I think JPL made some great strides this year, 3,000+ yards, 20TDs (against 14INTs). His passer rating was in the mid-80s and had a completion % in the 60s. With improved pass protection (which should improve the running game), I think JPL will have an even better year. I think the Bills O-Line gave up the second most sacks in the league, with stud Tackle Jason Peters only giving up 2 of them.

If the Bills can solidfy their their line I think you will see another step up by JPL in 2007.

I know at the start of the year I was calling for his head but he showed some really good poise in leading some game-winning drives and went several games in a row without committing a turnover.

I think JPL made some great strides this year, 3,000+ yards, 20TDs (against 14INTs). His passer rating was in the mid-80s and had a completion % in the 60s. With improved pass protection (which should improve the running game), I think JPL will have an even better year. I think the Bills O-Line gave up the second most sacks in the league, with stud Tackle Jason Peters only giving up 2 of them.

If the Bills can solidfy their their line I think you will see another step up by JPL in 2007.

I know at the start of the year I was calling for his head but he showed some really good poise in leading some game-winning drives and went several games in a row without committing a turnover.

Agree totally and hope you are right Neddy.

I just question his decision making on occasions, but I suppose he's still young, so there is definitely room for improvement there.

Just wanted to throw this into the ring - Geelong/Buffalo/Golden State - you reckon I'm starved of success?!?!? :D

Just wanted to throw this into the ring - Geelong/Buffalo/Golden State - you reckon I'm starved of success?!?!? :D

That is harsh. Harrington has looked ok since coming over in a trade. Maybe good times ahead for the Warriors. Now that the Cats have Paul Haines (who the Crows will sorely miss), the Cats will no doubt improve in the fitness department.

Keep the faith with the Bills mate, our time will come (well I hope :eek: ). :thumbsu:

That is harsh. Harrington has looked ok since coming over in a trade. Maybe good times ahead for the Warriors. Now that the Cats have Paul Haines (who the Crows will sorely miss), the Cats will no doubt improve in the fitness department.

Keep the faith with the Bills mate, our time will come (well I hope :eek: ). :thumbsu:

Thanks Neddy :thumbsu: .

Harrington has looked ok except for the first game. I just hope Jackson and Davis can gel on the court and not off it if you know what I mean :eek:

I forget how bad it was trying to keep informed pre internet days.....:thumbsdown:

I used to ring up the sports desk at the Herald Sun to get the results :eek:

Redskins fan since I went to the States in 1989.

Seahawks man even since the days ofsucking in the late 80's, 90's and early 00's. Been a long road to a SB last year and tapering off this year. Ran into a little bit of Destiny last year in the Steelers, and even though not half the side of last year we were a little fortunate (hehehe) against Dallas and maybe a little stiff in O/T against the Bears. ********** happens.

That Broncos AFC Championship game in 1991 from memory was a 3 point game, like 10-7 or 13-10 (I should check).

10-7... Carlton Bailey picked off Elway for a TD. Elway did a hammy, and would have been in doubt for the SB - one week off back then - had they gone on to win. Gary Kubiak, now HC of the Texans, almost led the Broncos to an upset win but Steve Sewell fumbled the ball on a closing drive. I was gutted, especially after the awesome win over the Oilers from the previous week. I thought they had a decent chance against a great Redskins team, but then again, I thought they had a chance vs the Niners two years earlier :eek:

Anyway, I've been a Bronco fan since the 1986 season... read about, and saw footage of "The Drive", loved the old orange uniform and old "D" logo. And of course, there was one John Elway.

Only one thing could have made 97/98 better, if they'd been in the orange duds. Still haven't warmed to the "Predominantely Orange"* look.

* that's what Pat Bowlen described them as upon release.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other BF NFL Supporters List (2001-06)

Back