Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Media bans are not a good idea. Like it or not they control the narrative for a lot of people, you don't want bad blood to linger.
Think it's already lingering tbh, can the narrative get much worse?
When guys like Wayne Carey, Jono Brown and King are speaking the most sense and acting more professionally than real journo's something is very wrong.

If anyone wants a good old laugh, go read the comments on the Project post about this. Genuinely surprised the top comments aren't linking it to DV or toxic masculinity.

Human garbage nature at it's worst on display, I'm starting to feel like this is hurtling towards some sort of terrible conclusion there's no coming back from.
Yep, it's out of control now. The only reasonable heads seem to be Simmo, the Brayshaw's, and a few in the media (eg King).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barra’s jumped ship too by the looks of it. That ok with me though. Haven’t been able to stand him ever since his ordinary performance during Parto’s first media presser when drafted to the club.

View attachment 539308
How that can be anyone's immediate take from that pigsty of an interview dumbfounds me.
And Barich can go **** himself. Has he asked anyone about their dead dad recently?

Think it's already lingering tbh, can the narrative get much worse?
When guys like Wayne Carey, Jono Brown and King are speaking the most sense and acting more professionally than real journo's something is very wrong.
Surely you’re not suggesting Basil is a real journo? Then again, most “real” journos these days are in the business of creating news as opposed to reporting it

I just watched Nisbett's presser and tbh it felt like a bit of a disaster. Refused to give an opinion on a number of questions, the worse was not wanting to answer if Gaff or Brayshaw had it worse in regards to the consequences of the incident.
He probably went into bat for Gaff too hard imo, I think that he tried to take too much responsibility for what happened on behalf of the club, despite it not having anything to do with what Gaff did. I think that in many ways, a lot of the questions needed to answered by Gaff directly himself.
With the journalists constantly trying to bait him, obviously it was a very tough task to be the "face of the club" during a very sensitive situation.

If the shoe was on the other foot plenty of Eagles fans would react the same way.

Every club has them.

True, fully acknowledge the bias so I can understand it coming from the supporters but the hysteria being whipped up by the media is just ridiculous.

Yeo had no idea about the Brayshaw Gaff incident. Like most of our team. He thought it just lifted in intensity. Simpson never mentioned it at 3/4 time iether. There definitely was no footage at the venue of the incident it was 20 m off the ball. There was no replay.
The Dockers however knew all about it. So who incited their players . Who told them. Lyin is Lyin he didnt try to calm.

Have you ever played football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back