Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - Like weekly show Monday night 8:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

this weeks show is now on itunes, spotify and podcast apps!

Current episode: S08 - Round 10 vs Brisbane Lions

Huge thanks to our guests for coming on!

You can now SEE us via the FB live or YouTube video of the show below. Go easy on us..

Topics covered:
-Welcome to everyone
-Good, bad and ugly of the Western Bulldogs game
-Did we see effort?
-More injuries
-CB clips Caro
-Preview of Brisbane Lions

Otherwise you can view it below:

Why do people insist on taking out the media guy when clearly Bolton acted like an arrogant prick. The only way the kid's going to learn is by having the book thrown at him. I don't give a s*** what Whateley said Bolton is a selfish campaigner who needs to pull his head in.

meh. Bolton does a lot of dumb shit but whacking someone back after they push him onto the ground is fine with me. also regardless of how you feel on it, calling it an awful incident worthy of 2 weeks is hilarious

Great to have Tigs71 back!! I hope you're feeling well after the podcast last night.

When you mentioned your :eggplant: still works, I thought of the below lol

internet quagmire GIF

Is there a show this week?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hi mate, not at this stage. Tigs is running low on cinnamon blueberry vape, EJ is smashing Bintangs, Groc went to check on Groupie and hasn't been seen since, and this public holiday has wreaked havoc on my tanning regime. Michaels is currently in mourning due to CNN sacking Don Lemon. Hopefully we can all recover by next Monday.

If there is a show, it would just be myself and Michaels, as the others are all busy. Even then, Michaels is under the weather, so there's a very real chance he won't be right for it either.

If there is a show, it would just be myself and Michaels, as the others are all busy. Even then, Michaels is under the weather, so there's a very real chance he won't be right for it either.
My answer was better :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If what they say is true about you having all that plastic surgery, then no. Just stay away from open fire places and heating vents and you'll be fine 🙂
Model Melting GIF by bbsquirrel247

Great ep, my thoughts below:

• Absolutely MUST keep Grimes on. If we didn't have him, we would actually be even worse. He hasn't had the greatest season, but with that being said, I could name 5 players that have actually been worse. And not just 5 players..5 defenders
  • I agree that it's still mathematically possible to make the 8, but this season, I can't see it happening. We have consistently been bad this year. There hasn't been many glimpses of hope
  • We need to introduce Banks immediately. Pickett and McIntosh are not taking us forward whatsoever.
  • Gibcus needs to be an automatic in when he's healthy

The very simple reasons why we are losing games at the moment:
  • Players are hesitating and not considering first and logical option
  • too much slow play down the line and no running up the ground like we used to - I agree with Tigs here, it's how fast the ball moves. Most players are usually the same speed. Lots of players are fast, some are a bit quicker but that shouldn't factor here, unless its a 1 on 1 race in the forward line (MRJ is this player for us now)
  • We have no confidence, so we are losing contests and plaers aren't going in hard at the contest - complete 180 from our premiership years
  • We are ALWAYS under pressure, and seem to kick around the bend as a 'kick and hope' constantly which always gets intercepted - We lack basic kicking skills and to lower the eyes and hit Richmond players on leads. We play a different game style and like the chaos ball movements. However, this 'chaos' style ONLY works when you get numbers to the ball and put on severe pressure sticking the tackles. At the moment we simply don't do this.
  • Most under rated thing in footy, to convert opportunities. We are the most inaccurate team in the AFL, this is a fact and at AFL standard, if players can't kick easy goals, we simply don't deserve to win games, nor play finals.
I can accept us having a down year, we have had great success recently. However, the thing I just can't shake off is the fact that we don't have a first round pick. Currently that's 3. The last time that happened we got Dusty. This makes me sick..

Great ep, my thoughts below:

• Absolutely MUST keep Grimes on. If we didn't have him, we would actually be even worse. He hasn't had the greatest season, but with that being said, I could name 5 players that have actually been worse. And not just 5 players..5 defenders
  • I agree that it's still mathematically possible to make the 8, but this season, I can't see it happening. We have consistently been bad this year. There hasn't been many glimpses of hope
  • We need to introduce Banks immediately. Pickett and McIntosh are not taking us forward whatsoever.
  • Gibcus needs to be an automatic in when he's healthy

The very simple reasons why we are losing games at the moment:
  • Players are hesitating and not considering first and logical option
  • too much slow play down the line and no running up the ground like we used to - I agree with Tigs here, it's how fast the ball moves. Most players are usually the same speed. Lots of players are fast, some are a bit quicker but that shouldn't factor here, unless its a 1 on 1 race in the forward line (MRJ is this player for us now)
  • We have no confidence, so we are losing contests and plaers aren't going in hard at the contest - complete 180 from our premiership years
  • We are ALWAYS under pressure, and seem to kick around the bend as a 'kick and hope' constantly which always gets intercepted - We lack basic kicking skills and to lower the eyes and hit Richmond players on leads. We play a different game style and like the chaos ball movements. However, this 'chaos' style ONLY works when you get numbers to the ball and put on severe pressure sticking the tackles. At the moment we simply don't do this.
  • Most under rated thing in footy, to convert opportunities. We are the most inaccurate team in the AFL, this is a fact and at AFL standard, if players can't kick easy goals, we simply don't deserve to win games, nor play finals.
I can accept us having a down year, we have had great success recently. However, the thing I just can't shake off is the fact that we don't have a first round pick. Currently that's 3. The last time that happened we got Dusty. This makes me sick..
On Grimes... not as bad as last year but I'd ask him to retire and retain Broad. If another club wants him great. Broad has a few years left in him. Already got Tarrant retiring and Gibcus returning.

Good show boys. I guess I am with T71 re where we are at. Put it this way we could have won he last 2 games if we kicked straight and they didn't. Won well if we'd just kept the skills up to a decent level. That says we are close to being in good form. but teething troubles (or something) with how we are playing.

Also why we are top heavy atm. Melbourne: Gawn and Grundy ripped us apart after 1/2 time. Ivan came in and when he played we matched GC. Basically without a genuine AFL ruck our midfield don't function well. Miller is playing as a short ruck against some the best in the business and getting clobbered. Poor bugger. If we were confident that Sampson could take a solid ruck load Miller would be dropped. But right now we are playing a makeshift ruck division and that means we are taking one tall too many in, just to be competitive against other teams. As Soldo gets up to match fitness that will stop.

Whether we get our stuff together in enough time to make finals is anyone's guess. But right now we are losing our mojo, and that is the big issue. get our confidence back and with what we are producing now, patchy crap included, and we win a couple more game so far. If we can flick that switch then watch out. If not then it's a good year to go gardening.

I reckon a strength of the show is there is debate and we’re not pushing an agenda or company line. It’s healthy to butt head’s occasionally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - Like weekly show Monday night 8:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back