Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as deadline deals go.

Holtby having a medical with Hamburg. Disappointing.

Looked very likely Lennon would be heading to QPR on a permanent deal, but that seems to have cooled.

Trying to get a deal done for Welbeck; we'll pay all his 100k p/w wages & pay a 2m (possibly bigger) loan fee.

Stambouli due for a medical today; 3rd consecutive day I've heard this, but it's going to happen; the Official Montpellier Site confirmed it.

Southampton put in a 11.8m bid for Sadio Mane (Senegalese AM/Winger for Red Bull Salzburg, excellent goal record) & some sources are reporting we're set to poach him under their noses & he's due for a medical. Not really optimistic unless we sell Townsend, & SSN are saying we're not going to let him go.

Sandro & Lennon off to QPR is being spoken about. Holtby looks gone also. Would imagine if the 2 CMs go then Stambouli will be the only in in that area. If Lennon we will look to bring in Welbeck which is a definite upgrade. More than happy to palm off the one hit wonder Townsend for a better young winger

Sandro & Lennon off to QPR is being spoken about. Holtby looks gone also. Would imagine if the 2 CMs go then Stambouli will be the only in in that area. If Lennon we will look to bring in Welbeck which is a definite upgrade. More than happy to palm off the one hit wonder Townsend for a better young winger

Disappointed about Sandro and Hotby, though happy to see the end of Lennon.

If Lennon is gone, hanging onto Townsend feels like the right move but he's unlikely to enjoy playing off the bench.

Is Wellbeck a winger? I thought he played a more central role.

Welbeck can play off the striker out wide like Jay-Rod did at Southampton. Gone quiet on the Lennon move but Sandro is looking likely to QPR for £6m

Absolutely diabolical deadline day.

We sold a stack of players & the only one we bring in is Stambouli, who we already knew was coming 3 days ago.

As if that isn't bad enough, Lennon & Townsend are still here.

Nothing will happen in the next 2.5 hours. Mark my words, this will be another season to forget where we once again fail to qualify for the Chumps League.

NOW I'm starting to lose faith in Levy; it's clear as daylight this team is going to struggle badly against the bigger clubs, and we've barely spent a penny to reinforce it. Just pathetic.

We sold a stack of players & the only one we bring in is Stambouli, who we already knew was coming 3 days ago.

I agree with most of this, especially on Lennon, can't see him playing while Townsend is fit though. I think we did a good job of strengthening our defence which was a big problem last year.

However do you think Wellbeck at $16 million was the answer?

Not entirely as bad as GB is making out. Agree 1 of Lennon or Townsend should have been sold and upgraded but there were just no buyers out there for them. As sad as it is to see the beast leave he really had to move on, same with Holtby. I think these players get a bit too much leeway from supporters because of their persona off it. It's not like they stepped up or even sideways with the clubs they went to which to which tells you they aren't up to the level we need them to be.

I was growing on the idea of Welbeck on loan but once Arsenal made the permanent bid I was glad he wasn't purchased. As an out and out striker I'd much rather Harry Kane and Soldado playing backup to Adebayor.

Nothing will happen in the next 2.5 hours. Mark my words, this will be another season to forget where we once again fail to qualify for the Chumps League.

NOW I'm starting to lose faith in Levy; it's clear as daylight this team is going to struggle badly against the bigger clubs, and we've barely spent a penny to reinforce it. Just pathetic.

Serious? It took you this long?

This club is the perennial EPL barometer... thrash us and you're a chance to win the title, get thrashed by us and you're relegation material... draw or just lose then you're 6th-17th material.

If we're all alive 20 years from now we'll be saying exactly the same thing.

Once again our stadium is delayed. The fanciful idea of playing in a semi-built WHL is now a no go meaning we will spend at least a season at somewhere like Wembley or Stadium MK

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/11/totte...sale-with-massive-1billion-price-tag-4864296/

Seems a bit far fetched and an flip of the coin if it is a good thing for the club or bad.
Not a single quote in any of those stories or prices mentioned. We wont be sold until the new stadium is up and running. ENIC and Levy's next move with the stadium is vital. I'd love to know what the hold-out on figures are with the one business holding us up. Looking most likely we will play a season out in Milton Keynes to speed up construction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely dominating but dont look like scoring. With that CB pairing we are always likely to concede. No idea why JV isnt in the squad. Wish we went with Fazio over either of the 2 playing

Was a stupid free kick to give away by Capoue followed by terrible marking and clearing and the unfortunate own goal. We've gone back to being a soft side I feel. All that good work Harry had done fixing that seems to have gone out the window with blokes like Chiriches and Kaboul starting

I didnt think Rose was that bad today. Dier on the other side was the weakness. Got to get a natural RB playing there even if that means Naughton starts some games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back