Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A season of what ifs really. What if we started Kane earlier. What if we had a squad of more than 17 trusted players. What if we gave a manager more than 18 months to bring things to plan. Hope we get the last win and nick 3rd off the bindippers

A season of what ifs really. What if we started Kane earlier. What if we had a squad of more than 17 trusted players. What if we gave a manager more than 18 months to bring things to plan. Hope we get the last win and nick 3rd off the bindippers

I think you mean 5th spot, we're 11 points off 3rd. A loss and Southampton draw or win and we miss out on Europa League for next year, which is a huge danger because other clubs will be circling for our best (Hurricane Harry for instance). Even if we draw with Everton and Southampton win the same thing happens.

The big danger is that Southampton play at Man City, South have everything to play for, City have nothing. City cannot drop below 2nd, so they're just playing for pride, they may actually just pick a reserves side to give them 1st team experience, that's what I'd do if I were their manager. Chelsea got belted by WBA in their last game because they didn't give a stuff, they were already champions. Man City are in the same situation.

We must win at Everton. If we don't, then we've gone backwards to the years before we finished top 5/6

I think you mean 5th spot, we're 11 points off 3rd. A loss and Southampton draw or win and we miss out on Europa League for next year, which is a huge danger because other clubs will be circling for our best (Hurricane Harry for instance). Even if we draw with Everton and Southampton win the same thing happens.

The big danger is that Southampton play at Man City, South have everything to play for, City have nothing. City cannot drop below 2nd, so they're just playing for pride, they may actually just pick a reserves side to give them 1st team experience, that's what I'd do if I were their manager. Chelsea got belted by WBA in their last game because they didn't give a stuff, they were already champions. Man City are in the same situation.

We must win at Everton. If we don't, then we've gone backwards to the years before we finished top 5/6
If Arsenal win the FA cup it doesn't matter if we lose. We're in Europa if that happens.

UEFA Europa League
There are three UEFA Europa League places given to English clubs who fulfil the following criteria: winning the FA Cup, winning the Capital One Cup and finishing fifth in the Barclays Premier League.

If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five of the Barclays Premier League, their UEFA Europa League group stage place goes to the sixth-placed team.

With the Capital One Cup winners, Chelsea, now guaranteed a top-five finish, their UEFA Europa League third qualifying round place goes to the next-highest ranked team in the Barclays Premier League, the sixth-placed team.

In the event of the FA Cup winners' spot going to the sixth-placed team, the Capital One Cup winners' place in the UEFA Europa League goes to the team finishing seventh.

- See more at: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...ng-places-explained.html#sthash.Fl2In66d.dpuf

Please explain?
England gets 3 Europa League spots. It used to be that if the winner of the League Cup (Chelsea) and/or the winner of the FA Cup (Arsenal/Villa) were already Europe qualified then the runners up in those cup competitions got a Europa spot which is the reward for winning either of those two cup competitions. Case in point Hull were briefly in Europa this season as FA cup runners up.

This year the rules changed and 5th get Europa and given Chelsea won the LC 6th do as well. Now if Arsenal win the FA Cup 7th will get their place as well. Villa win and they get Europe instead.

Story in the press today that Harry has committed his future to Spurs. I think he will stay unless we become a mid-table rabble like we were between 96-05.

Missing out EUROPA won't be a bad thing (I expect us to finish 6th though). The last time we qualified for the CL was 09/10, which was also the last season we wasn't playing in Europe. Those Thursday night games haven't been kind to us.

T

typical does not even come close to describing the irony, nor the length, of our Greek Tragedy
Pretty simple solution. Beat Everton tomorrow night thus wrapping up 6th (or 5th if Liverpool lose or draw @ Stoke) and then we can jump on the Villa bandwagon!

Pretty simple solution. Beat Everton tomorrow night thus wrapping up 6th (or 5th if Liverpool lose or draw @ Stoke) and then we can jump on the Villa bandwagon!

I'm barracking for Villa either way.

I respect Arsenal and their hard core supporters, I ****en hate the bandwaggoner dickheads that have just jumped on for no particular reason, and there are tens of thousands of them here.... w a nkers all...

I'm barracking for Villa either way.

I respect Arsenal and their hard core supporters, I ****en hate the bandwaggoner dickheads that have just jumped on for no particular reason, and there are tens of thousands of them here.... w a nkers all...
Amen to that Teach, my old man is a Villa fan. Love watching Arsenal lose

So this year's summary we get Europa League again, another fade out in March and April (happens every bloody year) and we fall into 5th spot.

We've played in Europe every year since 2006 except 2009/10. Guess what we did that year, finished 4th with a fresh squad, made CL.

Off the top of my head since Jol came in
05/06 5th
06/07 5th
07/08 League Cup win, 8th
08/09 8th no Europe
09/10 4th CL
10/11 5th
11/12 4th, relegated to EL though because of Chelsea winning CL
12/13 5th
13/14 6th
14/15 5th

But every year without fail we blow it in March and April, we never improve the squad in the January window and look what happens year in year out
:thumbsdown: What did we do in March/April drew with West Ham, Burnley etc lost to Aston Villa, couple other poor results I think too but can't remember currently.

Wish Levy would make it a priority to strengthen the squad in January one of these years and hope that is the difference in finishing top 4, back in 2009/10 we had 3 crucial late season games where we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and City to get 4th, two of them were in April. Arsenal nearly every year without fail comes good late in the season to win 4th or CL equivalent.

Anyways #coys be great to see the team play this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amen to that Teach, my old man is a Villa fan. Love watching Arsenal lose

So this year's summary we get Europa League again, another fade out in March and April (happens every bloody year) and we fall into 5th spot.

We've played in Europe every year since 2006 except 2009/10. Guess what we did that year, finished 4th with a fresh squad, made CL.

Off the top of my head since Jol came in
05/06 5th
06/07 5th
07/08 League Cup win, 8th
08/09 8th no Europe
09/10 4th CL
10/11 5th
11/12 4th, relegated to EL though because of Chelsea winning CL
12/13 5th
13/14 6th
14/15 5th

But every year without fail we blow it in March and April, we never improve the squad in the January window and look what happens year in year out
:thumbsdown: What did we do in March/April drew with West Ham, Burnley etc lost to Aston Villa, couple other poor results I think too but can't remember currently.

Wish Levy would make it a priority to strengthen the squad in January one of these years and hope that is the difference in finishing top 4, back in 2009/10 we had 3 crucial late season games where we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and City to get 4th, two of them were in April. Arsenal nearly every year without fail comes good late in the season to win 4th or CL equivalent.

Anyways #coys be great to see the team play this week
I'd be happy to be corrected if wrong but if this lack of spending (lowest PL net spend last 5 years) is because of saving money for the new stadium, well I can live with that as frustrating as it is now. Short term pain for long term gain if so.

To be consistently spending the least but remaining a Europe bound club all things considered isn't that bad. I too would love us to make CL football and that should be our aim and as such this season is a failure in that regard, but I can understand our spending habits of late. This is a large investment in the future by the club.

I'd be happy to be corrected if wrong but if this lack of spending (lowest PL net spend last 5 years) is because of saving money for the new stadium, well I can live with that as frustrating as it is now. Short term pain for long term gain if so.

To be consistently spending the least but remaining a Europe bound club all things considered isn't that bad. I too would love us to make CL football and that should be our aim and as such this season is a failure in that regard, but I can understand our spending habits of late. This is a large investment in the future by the club.
The club has a habit of weakening itself in January with players going out on loan and having no back up in their position, reminds me of having no right back for Walker in 2011/12, then no back up winger in 2012/13 when Townsend went to QPR etc.

I understand the minimal net spend and the sell to buy theory but why don't they just sell disgruntled players then and replace them that same window.

03a.jpg

Now I can swim in the Arse's failure against Villa guilt free

Are we really the smallest net-spenders in the last five years? Is there a link?

Big summer ahead now - but the same can be said for the rest of the top 6. Will be very competitive for not only the big names (which we don't really have a shout at) but even second-tier signings like Danny Ings and Austin at QPR. We've got some good business in early for change though.

Priorities for us:
A striker to back up Kane or play alongside;
A decent strong centre back - perhaps to be club captain;
A left back as Rose and Davies aren't good enough;
And perhaps most importantly keeping hold of Kane, Lloris and Erikson

To sell:
Soldado
Capoue
Lennon
Kaboul
Dembele
Chiriches
Adebayor
Paulinho

The club has a habit of weakening itself in January with players going out on loan and having no back up in their position, reminds me of having no right back for Walker in 2011/12, then no back up winger in 2012/13 when Townsend went to QPR etc.

I understand the minimal net spend and the sell to buy theory but why don't they just sell disgruntled players then and replace them that same window.

Spot-on, levy has probably got more things right than wrong during his tenure at the club but his biggest mistake was not strengthening in 11/12 January window when we had a great team but just needed one or two enforcements to get us over the line. So he brings in Saha and some other nonentity who i can't even recall. Smh

Are we really the smallest net-spenders in the last five years? Is there a link?

Big summer ahead now - but the same can be said for the rest of the top 6. Will be very competitive for not only the big names (which we don't really have a shout at) but even second-tier signings like Danny Ings and Austin at QPR. We've got some good business in early for change though.

Priorities for us:
A striker to back up Kane or play alongside;
A decent strong centre back - perhaps to be club captain;
A left back as Rose and Davies aren't good enough;
And perhaps most importantly keeping hold of Kane, Lloris and Erikson

To sell:
Soldado
Capoue
Lennon
Kaboul
Dembele
Chiriches
Adebayor
Paulinho
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/pre...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Spot-on, levy has probably got more things right than wrong during his tenure at the club but his biggest mistake was not strengthening in 11/12 January window when we had a great team but just needed one or two enforcements to get us over the line. So he brings in Saha and some other nonentity who i can't even recall. Smh
Ryan Nelsen lol

Lol that's the fella. What the **** was all that about!

Does anyone think we should make a sneaky enquiry on Klopp? Obviously we risk being turned down and then losing Poch in the fallout
Keep Poch, Klopp will take a bigger job you'd think.

Poch has shown to be a manager who ticks many boxes in Levy's requirements. He plays youth, he promotes youth, he makes statements in team selection, he wants the deadwood out etc.

It's up to Levy to trust Poch and bring in the types of players he needs, we know he wants to build the team around Kane, Eriksen and Bentaleb, Levy should provide him with what he needs, not who's surplus to requirements.

WealstoneRaider

I would keep Chiriches, he's versatile, Dembele while frustrating at times is solid enough back up for Bentaleb and is much better than Paulinho for etc.

Rose saved our ass a few times this year pushing forward, yeah sure he can be a klutz defensively but his overlap run was excellent this year. Walker was poor though, cost us many goals by being out of position on the right and opposition left wingers were able to deliver good ball into the box from no pressure put on them due to Walker being behind or in a central position.

The rest yeah move on, disappointed for Soldado, but it would be in his best interests to find form again back in Spain now he's 30 and won't improve. Perhaps we can do a swap deal with a team like Sociedad, Sevilla, Villarreal or even Valencia for someone who could be useful in return.

Would like to see Fazio more next season, he's a big unit and we played our best football this season with him partnering Vertonghen around Xmas time after his unlucky start where he copped a red card or two IIRC.

Pups, I can't see how you'd want to keep Chiriches, I think he was almost playing for a transfer against Stoke.

I don't mind mind if we keep Dembele, but he needs to find his 2012/13 form quickly. There is no point hanging on to any one else on that list though

So you're telling me we have to barrack for the arse in the FA Cup final? No friggin way!
We're barracking for Aston Villa mate :D

Pups, I can't see how you'd want to keep Chiriches, I think he was almost playing for a transfer against Stoke.

I don't mind mind if we keep Dembele, but he needs to find his 2012/13 form quickly. There is no point hanging on to any one else on that list though
I didn't watch our last 3-4 games to be honest, thought he was more effective at right back than what Walker was all year whenever he played there.

IMO Walker has lost the plot under Poch, was so much better under Redknapp/AVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back