Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he had the flu in that game aswell.
Nah just the common cold .
If you get the flu your body aches you can't get out of bed , there is no way someone could do anything far less play sport with the flu. You do well to avoid ICU.
Now get back onto the thread topic you dickheads .

Are they really worth a first rounder particularly in two consecutive years? I think we need to be careful to not rob Peter to pay Paul. The recruiter run with a system where they measure potential traded players with future draft selections. Looking at our past few first round draft picks, excluding our earliest selections (Lids, Cotch & Martin) we have Conca, Ellis, Lennon, C.Ellis and Vickery.

Would Yarran and Aish equal any and all of these in performance? Probably yes imo. Yarran is 25 years old so he is playing at his peak age. Aish is 20 and already showing consistent form where players like Lennon, Ellis, C.Ellis potentially could be better players but remain unknown quantities at present. So given all this you could argue that Yarran and Aish are definitely worth a late first round pick. I still find it difficult to stomach giving up two first round picks across two years though.....

Would hardly say Aish has shown consistent form. Has been horrible this year. Looks to lack speed and footskills were rated highly but haven't been great. I am sure he is a decent player, but wouldn't say he is ahead of Lennon, C Ellis type dramatically.

Yep I agree. I love the Bean and really hope we don't give him up but despite everything on here Griff has more runs at AFL level and is developing slowly but the club is happy with him. He also has more versatility then McBean.

Another thing is as much as we love McBean in the event that he is the key pillar at the trade table i.e. Yarran for McBean we're effectively trading out a player who wasn't best 22 for a player who is. Although being a big believer in McBeans potential as a third tall I'd rather him over Griffiths who might turn out the better player but I don't believe would be as effective with Vickery and Jack in a three man tall forward line.

I know that Stef Martin / Leuenberger are on our radar. Martin unlikely to want to come to Richmond, but Leuey is gettable

I'm not meaning to be a smart arse - just haven't seen your name much. I know you won't name a name, but where is your info coming from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not meaning to be a smart arse - just haven't seen your name much. I know you won't name a name, but where is your info coming from?
Has a few runs the board and in good form the last few weeks.

Many things he has said have come true including Thomas getting a gig last week.

Edit: Why do we always need to know who the info is coming from. Lets just sit back and see if his info is correct and if it is thank him for sharing his information because lets be honest that why most of us are on here.

Has a few runs the board and in good form the last few weeks.

Many things he has said have come true including Thomas getting a gig last week.

Edit: Why do we always need to know who the info is coming from. Lets just sit back and see if his info is correct and if it is thank him for sharing his information because lets be honest that why most of us are on here.

People make a lot of shit up on forums, so I think it's a fair question to ask. I love hearing rumours, not trying to stop anyone, I more just wanna know if the source is a good one, so I can get upbeat of the prospect of Aish.

People make a lot of shit up on forums, so I think it's a fair question to ask. I love hearing rumours, not trying to stop anyone, I more just wanna know if the source is a good one, so I can get upbeat of the prospect of Aish.
Just go through his posts and you will see he has already said some stuff that has come true.
In regards to asking for peoples sources its just wrong. Why would he get his source in trouble on a public forum?

No offence taken to anyone doubting information or rumours... hell we all know that 80~90% of AFL rumours don't come to fruition for whatever reason. At the same time there are 100s of conversations going on currently between clubs, players, management, agents, parents families etc etc in terms of Free Agency, Trades, Recontracting, Retirements, Go Home factors etc. The fact of the matter is that whilst some do go through, many won't.

I'm happy to share what info comes to me, and some do know of my source(s). But at the same time I won't name who they are.

I'm confident we'll get 2 or 3 deals done this off season. They may not be the BIG FISH we're all hoping for, but let me tell you now... it's certainly not because the club is sitting back wondering. There's a heap of factors in play, whether it be club supported as a kid, outside AFL deals, joining a player you played with as a junior, the go home factor, weekly dinners with the president... whatever it is.

assuming this means motlop is a no go given how heavily linked we are to yarran?

i know a lot can change between no and trade period, and the links might not even be true for all we know.

but having Yarran and Lids on the HFF line could cause some serious headaches for opposition.

assuming he is simply just disinterested at carlton and its not a complete attitude issue.

would still be very reluctant to give up our first pick let alone our first AND a young player which seems to be what they would be after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back