Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't see it impossible that we could get Aish & Yarran this year.

Send our first pick 2015 to Brisbane for Aish

Send our first rounder for next year (2016) to Carlton for Yarran.

Are they really worth a first rounder particularly in two consecutive years? I think we need to be careful to not rob Peter to pay Paul. The recruiter run with a system where they measure potential traded players with future draft selections. Looking at our past few first round draft picks, excluding our earliest selections (Lids, Cotch & Martin) we have Conca, Ellis, Lennon, C.Ellis and Vickery.

Would Yarran and Aish equal any and all of these in performance? Probably yes imo. Yarran is 25 years old so he is playing at his peak age. Aish is 20 and already showing consistent form where players like Lennon, Ellis, C.Ellis potentially could be better players but remain unknown quantities at present. So given all this you could argue that Yarran and Aish are definitely worth a late first round pick. I still find it difficult to stomach giving up two first round picks across two years though.....

Are they really worth a first rounder particularly in two consecutive years? I think we need to be careful to not rob Peter to pay Paul. The recruiter run with a system where they measure potential traded players with future draft selections. Looking at our past few first round draft picks, excluding our earliest selections (Lids, Cotch & Martin) we have Conca, Ellis, Lennon, C.Ellis and Vickery.

Would Yarran and Aish equal any and all of these in performance? Probably yes imo. Yarran is 25 years old so he is playing at his peak age. Aish is 20 and already showing consistent form where players like Lennon, Ellis, C.Ellis potentially could be better players but remain unknown quantities at present. So given all this you could argue that Yarran and Aish are definitely worth a late first round pick. I still find it difficult to stomach giving up two first round picks across two years though.....

it's an intersting one. You'd want to do your homework on next years draft players before you commit your first rounder.

But if we're hunting for premiership sucess in the next few years (2018 for example), Aish and Yarran will be more vital than a 19/20 yr old.

Pickett loves it, his family is moving to Western Sydney later this year.
Ahern re-signed almost as soon as he walked in the door, has been close to AFL games. I don't think he'd leave.
They must put drugs in the water or something to make these kids sign up so early.
Ahern has been close because of all the outs GWS has had. No doubt he is a gun but with so many top draft picks sooner or later someone will have to want to leave for more opportunity.

Edit: Add this years pick 9 or 10 plus whatever they get from the Pies for Trealor.

Another 2 top 10 draft picks to their list to rot away in NEAFL.

No wonder why standard of AFL has been dropping all the future stars are rotting away in the NEAFL.

Picket and Ahern
That's where I would concentrate then..
Publicly bid on Danger, Treloar, Motlop, anyone and everyone to drive their prices up. All the while having discreet conversations with the managers of these sorts of players.

I would take a strategy of constantly improving the bottom 6 with players that fill needs and build a great team instead of bring in some messiah players. However, spend big money on development coaches and programs. That's just me though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What they believe is irrelevant. The power is with the player, if he wants out, it is super rare for a club to stand in its way, for a whole heaps of reasons. I can see our second a player going to the blues. That player would not be a Mcbean type but more a Dea or Morris type IMO.
Dea or Morris? Who would want them? Morris maybe but dea? He'll be delisted at years end.

Who can we get in as that big bodied inside beast we're looking for?
158ydz.png

Pickett's family looked gutted when GWS took him. Think he'll be back in WA once his initial contract expires.

Is Ahern Victorian? What is his worth to GWS? I would love to see the tigers get another steal like miles/lambert :)

I want to throw everything at danger, he is worth it not just as a gun player, but as the gun player that we have a screaming need for at tigerland. Then use whatever is left to pick up Aish/Yarran/Motlop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back