Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 IV - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Hampson as the number 1 ruckman and he'll be much better, struggles in a back up role as he isn't good enough up forward, but thrives carrying the load.
You know what, we really need to explore this next year. Maric is cooked, and not providing any real advantage over Hampson now, which was around the ground. Hampson is at least good in the middle.

Yep...

FWIW i have heard that its not the drugs its the booze, big time.... Also as others have stated he's a spud of a bloke who was kicked out of AIS etc

In saying that i do hope we back ourselves in and take a risk as the upside is massive

He also got walked from an AIS tour of South Africa according to matty Lloyd. I wouldn't say he has exactly changed his behaviour since then. If we go there we'd want to be sure our leadership and culture is good enough. From what I saw last week it ain't

He also got walked from an AIS tour of South Africa according to matty Lloyd. I wouldn't say he has exactly changed his behaviour since then. If we go there we'd want to be sure our leadership and culture is good enough. From what I saw last week it ain't
Hopefully we can help him. Maybe seeing that guy hawthorn had who is now in jail might be a wake up call for him.

I've heard that he is actually a good bloke, well liked around the club but obviously has an issue with alcohol and is easily led astray. He is also very free with his cash which is why his manager and mother don't want him surrounded by his old mates in Perth.

In fact he sounds an awful lot like Dusty TBH.
Rodney Eade apparently nicknamed him the "social club president" when he arrived at GC.

Whether people like or not you're going have to accept that Yarran is playing for us next year. It's happening. Given the average wage is around $300,000, paying $450,000 is about right. He's an above average player and he's coming from another club.

Steve Johnson is a lot more likely than some think I believe, too.

If Hyperspud Melksham is worth $400K then I'll pay $450K for Yarran

There is ZERO chance of us agreeing to McBean and Lennon for only Yarran

Don't blame the Blues for trying it on, but Blues fans are delusional for even thinking its remotely possible

I'm more likely to get a three way with Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johanssen than that is to happen
so you're saying there's a chance? :p

Jansen second in the Geelong VFL b&f, could be a Lambert type of player we go after.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
was it he was delisted or wants a trade for more opportunities? i don't recall which. if it's the former i'd rookie him. don;t know too much about him but is he an inside version of McIntosh? he is same size

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Dawes is on 500k:p
Genie-Point-and-Jaw-Drop-Alladin.gif

Whether people like or not you're going have to accept that Yarran is playing for us next year. It's happening. Given the average wage is around $300,000, paying $450,000 is about right. He's an above average player and he's coming from another club.

Steve Johnson is a lot more likely than some think I believe, too.

$450,000 is not "about right". He would not be in our top 10 players. In fact he'd probably be outside the best 15 players.

You don't pay 450,000 for mediocre players.

Lennon and our 2nd for Aish and Redden

Sold.

Griff for Yarran

Sold

1st pick for Bennel

We are flying
Into the side of A ****ING MOUNTAIN.

Yarran for McBean.

ItsHappening.gif
Pass.

Being a timid Forward is bad enough.Rance has enough on his plate as it is.
Griff is not timid.

What do you think of our second and bean for Yaz and your 3rd?
I think I will spew if we trade Beanie.

Not me I don't think he has the competitiveness to do it.
He's done it before and beaten Tippett and Roughead, amongst others.

We should not be trading any of our talls, except Astbury or Elton.

$450,000 is not "about right". He would not be in our top 10 players. In fact he'd probably be outside the best 15 players.

You don't pay 450,000 for mediocre players.

400-450 seems fine to me
The boy can play I'm not quite sure what all the hate is for
Remember he hasn't been happy at Carlton since his 2 mates were offloaded and who knows what else
A Yarran in top form could easily be in our top 10 players

was it he was delisted or wants a trade for more opportunities? i don't recall which. if it's the former i'd rookie him. don;t know too much about him but is he an inside version of McIntosh? he is same size
Don't think he has been delisted. I don't know much about him either, just thought him coming 2nd in the VFL B&F was pertinent to the conversation at the time. Someone said something about him.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Going to get shot down for this, I actually still thinks watts can be a decent afl player and would be happy to take a chance on him for the right price (cue meat pie and coke jokes)
Absolutely agree. Mentally scarred by Melbourne. We could turn him into a decent player as he has all the skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back