Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh impressed on the track today as the Blues prepare to travel to Adelaide Oval for their Gather Round clash on Saturday.

Whilst most of the drills completed were light in comparison to some of their brutal pre-season sessions, Walsh took to the track with ease – sprinting, changing direction and hitting targets.

Has doc had surgery yet?

Because the video on the club's account of them for Easter Monday was so cute, but doc looks loving fine and no strapping or brace.
I was about to ask the same thing, didn't look like he had gone under the knife yet. Maybe surgeon is waiting for the swelling to reduce.

Went to Charlie's crew training session today. Sam Walsh was there and in good spirits. He said all is going well and hopes to be back in a fortnight.

Went to Charlie's crew training session today. Sam Walsh was there and in good spirits. He said all is going well and hopes to be back in a fortnight.

Would love to see Sam come in for the Crows before tackling GWS with some match fitness already under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id prefer as sub this week, either starting and then subbed off (danger is someone will get injured and he can’t be subbed off) or as sub and subbed on (obvious problem there is if someone is injured early)

He hasn’t had any minutes of game time for about 2 months and he most certainly isn’t going to play in the magoos.

If it’s not this week I’d like the same principle in the crows game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whenever Walsh is ready he plays ones but I just hope the club and he both are 100% certain he is ready. There is no need currently to rush him back as tempting as it is. You only have to look at the recent injuries to Doedee, Lewis and Lynch, blokes all coming off injury interrupted preseasons to see the perils of doing so. It feels like the club currently has a good understanding of this, so I think we can trust whatever they decide.

I wonder if the game this weekend was in Melbourne would Sam Walsh play? Could be that taking a flight, playing, then flying back might not be the best thing for him recovery wise in his first game back.

Whereas if it were at home, no flights and near immediate access to recovery, he might get a go.

I wonder if the game this weekend was in Melbourne would Sam Walsh play? Could be that taking a flight, playing, then flying back might not be the best thing for him recovery wise in his first game back.

Whereas if it were at home, no flights and near immediate access to recovery, he might get a go.
If it's that touch and go, he shouldn't be anywhere near a footy field yet.

It's a short flight in comfortable seating.

It's not that dramatic. It was the difference between Walker playing and not playing in rd 1 v the Suns.
That's the point, it's not that dramatic.

It's an hour flight. If he can't manage that trip, he shouldn't be running around in a competitive environment.

Walker was called out for missing that round 1 game.

Has doc had surgery yet?

Because the video on the club's account of them for Easter Monday was so cute, but doc looks loving fine and no strapping or brace.
I saw him at the club second week of march - could barely walk and was on crutches with knee strapping, the lady at the carlton shop said he'd had the surgery but I doubt she's kept in the loop, from memory someone posted on their insta saying they were in getting surgery done and Docherty was in there with him hoping to be able to catch the game on the tv post op - that was about a week before I saw him at the club all strapped up and on crutches. I do agree though - He's bending down etc - from when I saw him to now he looks like a completely different person.

That's the point, it's not that dramatic.

It's an hour flight. If he can't manage that trip, he shouldn't be running around in a competitive environment.

Walker was called out for missing that round 1 game.
Called out but that was the reason. Could be the reason here, too. It's obviously something clubs consider. I highly doubt it's the first time that flights have come into return equations.

Called out but that was the reason. Could be the reason here, too. It's obviously something clubs consider. I highly doubt it's the first time that flights have come into return equations.
It's probably marketing. Makes the game vs the Crows more exciting, get more people through the gates.

Not playing the Crows most marketable, best and most watchable player is marketing to get more people into the game?
I was referring to Walsh missing this week, when everyone knows he's in for sure, it'll generate more excitement which means more bums on seats.

Though I personally think an extra week off is a precautionary measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back