Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Teague said Williamson had slight setback and probably won’t be ready for round one. Not sure when he will be ready. Was very coy with answer
Will be happy to get 15 games from him this season. Small steps in the context of a 10 year career.

Like what he brings to the table, can live with needing to show some patience. Don’t have to be happy about it though ...

Will be happy to get 15 games from him this season. Small steps in the context of a 10 year career.

Like what he brings to the table, can live with needing to show some patience. Don’t have to be happy about it though ...

Tbh I'll take 1 game at this stage.

Just want to see him on a football oval.

Was officially worried 2 weeks ago.

Looking like another year written off for he and Williamson, perhaps Macreadie.
Lets see what Russell can do with these guys. No point putting a line through these guys in February

Lets see what Russell can do with these guys. No point putting a line through these guys in February

The uncertainty and bullshit reporting is what is annoying (and concerning) me. It's been almost a month since the last injury update from the club.

Marchbank was to be in full training by now in preparation for R1 returning from a back injury. There has been some unannounced setback, as of last week it seemed like he was restricted to swimming (according to Insta). Wtf is happening with Caleb?

Macreadie hasn't done more than jog laps this pre-season after serial quad/hamstring injuries last season, and now it's reported that he has a back complaint? Club has said nothing about this. Is his season essentially done at this stage? I dno.

Williamson... I don't even want to start lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The uncertainty and bullshit reporting is what is annoying (and concerning) me. It's been almost a month since the last injury update from the club.

Marchbank was to be in full training by now in preparation for R1 returning from a back injury. There has been some unannounced setback, as of last week it seemed like he was restricted to swimming (according to Insta). Wtf is happening with Caleb?

Macreadie hasn't done more than jog laps this pre-season after serial quad/hamstring injuries last season, and now it's reported that he has a back complaint? Club has said nothing about this. Is his season essentially done at this stage? I dno.

Shut up and make sure your membership is paid ;)

I think it’s about memberships. They don’t want to come out with lots of truths about the injuries as it would derail momentum. So they muck around. It’s become obvious Willo Macreadie and Marchy are in a lot of trouble. As is Lang. But that adds up to too much negativity. So they just don’t tell us.

I just cant agree with this stuff. Cloak and dagger and whatnot. It makes no sense for a start and also goes against the new Carlton way.
The idea of a big brother approach of hiding injuries is simply nervousnes by us fans. And for me its where the big picture comes in. Dont get bogged down in the negatives and focus on all the great positives. A few players will always be on the sidelines and sometimes miss great chunks of footy. Thats why a strong deep list is essential and thats what we are developing.
So basically we have got a bevy of players over injuries and the out of action list is getting shorter. All good news.

B&B, I can't support that. I believe clubs need to be better at disclosing injuries. We are members and a part of this club and understanding where the list and certain players are at is important

It's just a dumb cultural thing in this league. Certainly not replicated in bigger leagues globally

Sometimes it's just a wait and see. Not every condition can be pinned down to 'x' number of weeks.

Would you rather be told it's a 2 week injury when it's really an unknown?

Yeah, we go through this over and again, predicting healing rates is an inexact science, especially for things like muscle spasm etc. McKay was copping it for the last few years, who gets to carry the can for it now?

Sometimes it's just a wait and see. Not every condition can be pinned down to 'x' number of weeks.

Would you rather be told it's a 2 week injury when it's really an unknown?

From a purely selfish point of view I'd like to know what the issue is. So many stories. If it's a back or chron's say so. I've asked so many people and I keep being told it's his back and they are being very careful.

I just want to see him back playing as I rate him highly and reckon once he gets going he will be a vital part of our next great side.

From a purely selfish point of view I'd like to know what the issue is. So many stories. If it's a back or chron's say so. I've asked so many people and I keep being told it's his back and they are being very careful.

I just want to see him back playing as I rate him highly and reckon once he gets going he will be a vital part of our next great side.
I completely agree, but if they're not sure then there isn't much they can say. Is it a back or is it a back related to the Chron, is it a minor setback or is it going to flare up every time they crank up his work load?

I completely agree, but if they're not sure then there isn't much they can say. Is it a back or is it a back related to the Chron, is it a minor setback or is it going to flare up every time they crank up his work load?

There is plenty they can say;

1. We don't know how long he'll be out.
2. To be confirmed.
3. To be advised.
4. He's being managed with a xxxxxxx issue

At least acknowledge the player.

There is plenty they can say;

1. We don't know how long he'll be out.
2. To be confirmed.
3. To be advised.
4. He's being managed with a xxxxxxx issue

At least acknowledge the player.
Brilliant. That's what everyone wants to hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back