Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what we have been reduced to...

At 0:18 one can see the elusive Caleb Marchbank doing some handballing in what appears to be a rehab group with Stocker and Lang.

Confirmation that he is indeed alive. No sight of Williamson in this clip.

Also Fasolo doing agility work without an arm brace.

That's my injury report, thanks.

Excellent. I’ve been having nightmares about Phillips playing round one.
A fit Phillips isn’t that far behind a fit Kreuzer. Hasn’t strung enough games together for people to notice.

Russell is big on Pilates and he introduced that to the hawks early on and I’ve been told he’s already got our boys into it so getting things right is going to take time,lots of it, because the benefits aren’t instant.

If Pilates and it’s variants are new to our program, every person employed at the club over the past decade should be banned from footy for life. Been in elite sport for years and years

not doubting what you are saying but i walked into the club gym some time around 2010-12 and saw that there were about 10 pilates reformers there back then so it's not like our players were not already into it
True but it’s a more structured and serious part of their trainin....take my word for It Russell is huge on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fit Phillips isn’t that far behind a fit Kreuzer. Hasn’t strung enough games together for people to notice.
Strongly disagree with this. A fit Kreuzer significantly strengthens our midfield, particularly in clearances around the ground. Phillips is a decent tap ruckman, who can take a mark forward. That’s about it.

Strongly disagree with this. A fit Kreuzer significantly strengthens our midfield, particularly in clearances around the ground. Phillips is a decent tap ruckman, who can take a mark forward. That’s about it.[/QUOTE

Phillips is reasonably athletic and has a nice kick on him too. He’s been very unlucky with injuries.

Strongly disagree with this. A fit Kreuzer significantly strengthens our midfield, particularly in clearances around the ground. Phillips is a decent tap ruckman, who can take a mark forward. That’s about it.
Agreed.

This part of his game will become less necessary as our midfield matures and the ball is less on the ground in dispute. As that continues to happen, the difference between the rucks is less magnified. Phillips is a better mark and reasonable shot at goal while being able to hold his own at ball ups.

The needs of the team will change as it collectively matures and a fully fit Phillips offers plenty. He is not as good as Kreuzer nor is he too far behind.

Loved the Russell injury report. Really clear and seemed honest. Rather than saying players would be ready for round 1 saying early in the season etc I found interesting. For example Lang won't play until he gets a block of training in for fitness and to make it through the season.

The last few years it's been rush him back to break down again for multiple players.

There's a new injury update from Russell posted on CFC site.

Here's the link.

Injury update | JLT 1

Further news on Fasolo. I saw him near the membership area (Carlton Shop) when I was at the ground last week. I'll back Russell's claim about the work they've managed to pile into him. Apart from still having the cast/guard on his arm, Fasolo really did look trim, lean and fit. Has lost that bloated, heavy appearance he had before Xmas.

So we basically have everyone fit (bar docherty and Pickett) to an extent. The others not ready for round 1 are just building a training block to be 100% for the early parts of the season (in order of availability: Fasolo, Marchbank, Marcreadie, Williamson, Lang). It’s grear news.

By a guess we’d have 6 on our injury list not ready round 1 (knock on wood). The others will likely be tests early in the season apart from the two done for 2019.

Loved the Russell injury report. Really clear and seemed honest. Rather than saying players would be ready for round 1 saying early in the season etc I found interesting. For example Lang won't play until he gets a block of training in for fitness and to make it through the season.

The last few years it's been rush him back to break down again for multiple players.

Would want to think that the club isn't asking someone to fudge details though.
Not everyone is comfortable with lying, even if considered to be just a 'little white lie'

Williamson - Back? If you say so.

There's a new injury update from Russell posted on CFC site.

Here's the link.

Injury update | JLT 1

Further news on Fasolo. I saw him near the membership area (Carlton Shop) when I was at the ground last week. I'll back Russell's claim about the work they've managed to pile into him. Apart from still having the cast/guard on his arm, Fasolo really did look trim, lean and fit. Has lost that bloated, heavy appearance he had before Xmas.

Must have switched to the low carb beer after Xmas!!!

Would want to think that the club isn't asking someone to fudge details though.
Not everyone is comfortable with lying, even if considered to be just a 'little white lie'

Williamson - Back? If you say so.

The whole Williamson Croans talk has never come out of the club, other than rumors from Bigfooty....

Last edited by a moderator:
With regards to Fasolo, he must of had a plate put in his arm to return so quickly. This in itself is great to get someone back on track quickly, however in competitive sport it also creates a weak spot in the mended area as the bones will flex but the plate will not.

Either way good luck to him, I hope he can help out on or off the field.

Good update by Russell
With this bloke calling the shots, I am confident the nagging, recurring injuries will be sorted before the boys play. I am just as confident that when they
are back it is to stay.

Surely we would be happy to have them for the majority of the season building cohesion with their team mates than rushing back for a couple of early games. There is nothing on the line short term to demand an early return for any of them. After all, patience is a virtue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back