Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things I guess I can say
- walshy thinks he will be fine. Some others not as confident. My personal opinion is I liken this to the Curnow thing everyone thought he was done
- He is his own worst enemy (over trainer, which I think everyone can see).
-There may be a procedure coming up for him

I was given no timeframes or anything, on other news everyone else tracking nicely.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a “procedure” asap may be the best action. Backs rarely fix themselves unless purely muscular.

Some things I guess I can say
- walshy thinks he will be fine. Some others not as confident. My personal opinion is I liken this to the Curnow thing everyone thought he was done
- He is his own worst enemy (over trainer, which I think everyone can see).
-There may be a procedure coming up for him

I was given no timeframes or anything, on other news everyone else tracking nicely.
It's not just overtraining, he kills his feet and ankles every match. Even if he remains healthy here out, he probably won't see a career the other side of 30 unless he finds a way to conserve his running patterns a bit smarter.

Both would be wearing down joint and back stability, and then you add the increasing fatigue to throw off his balance, judgement, and stride to make it worse.

It's not just overtraining, he kills his feet and ankles every match. Even if he remains healthy here out, he probably won't see a career the other side of 30 unless he finds a way to conserve his running patterns a bit smarter.

Both would be wearing down joint and back stability, and then you add the increasing fatigue to throw off his balance, judgement, and stride to make it worse.
Genuine question. What makes Walsh different from every other gut runner when you say he kills his feet and ankles every match?

Didn't want to say operation as not that serious
Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it.
I rarely post on BF but when you posted that he had a nerve problem, this really concerned me, as I have developed this problem over the past 12 months. If I am not mistaken, operation could resolve this problem but it does come with risk.
Like every Carlton supporter, I hope he will be okay.

Good point, famously Braddles, boomer Harvey, Simmo and Robert Harvey struggled to play a career’s worth of games

Please...give me a break.

Have you read any of the injury data????

It's collisions.....collisions...collisions...and collisions....throw in the odd ACL from from change of direction. But it's collisions. Hence the reason why most injuries occur at beginning of quarters when the heat and power and speed is on. Not too many endurance based footballers ever had to quit for running too much.

Side note, most people think that running causes knee and hip problems. Did you know marathon runners have less knee and hip problems than the average population....why? because they weigh less. Overweight and obese people have more chance of hip and knee replacements than marathon runners.

comforting to know I am unlikely to do a knee as long as there are sumo wrestlers.........

Not at our age old boy.

As I age:

I'm a little teapot
Not short but stout
Too many handles
Can hardly see my spout

I do have super duper double jointed knees though, and have never had any hip or back complaints to speak of.

Not at our age old boy.

As I age:

I'm a little teapot
Not short but stout
Too many handles
Can hardly see my spout

I do have super duper double jointed knees though, and have never had any hip or back complaints to speak of.
Wait a sec... Are you saying that profile pick ain't you? Next thing I'll find out Aph isn't Mary Coustas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question. What makes Walsh different from every other gut runner when you say he kills his feet and ankles every match?
Running requirements are higher than ever, and Walsh tries to be everywhere.
Good point, famously Braddles, boomer Harvey, Simmo and Robert Harvey struggled to play a career’s worth of games
You've just named two players who played their entire careers lighter than he is now and through a lot more uncontested football, then a bloke who famously had issues with plantar fascitis.

It's collisions.....collisions...collisions...and collisions....throw in the odd ACL from from change of direction. But it's collisions. Hence the reason why most injuries occur at beginning of quarters when the heat and power and speed is on. Not too many endurance based footballers ever had to quit for running too much.

Side note, most people think that running causes knee and hip problems. Did you know marathon runners have less knee and hip problems than the average population....why? because they weigh less. Overweight and obese people have more chance of hip and knee replacements than marathon runners.
I'd argue that the number of contests through the midfield has risen dramatically through the last 20 years, and that fatigue + contest = injury.

All of this is a moot point with respect to Walsh though, because he's already had the relevant injury.

Oh hey, look... the very thing some of us having been mentioning for years.

I may be wrong but I feel like I've heard mumblings in the past of Princes Parks surface not being the be best and perhaps also contributing to our injuries.

Iirc it was the hardness of the surface as opposed to instability or anything like that.

Maybe I'm wrong but perhaps someone else can confirm that this has been mentioned once or twice in the past?

Been talked about for years. They've ****ed about with the surface quite a bit along the journey. You'd reckon there would be some way of testing it for suitability as a playing arena. Everything else has to beholden to the almighty KPIs.

There’s a pretty common injury called “runners knee”, which isn’t from being fat and doing nothing. Runners get plenty of injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4-6 week recovery. Still think he plays round 1
“Due to the long-term nature of this rehabilitation, it isn’t possible to confirm a set date for his return right now. Once the opening month of the season has been completed though, we expect to be able to provide more clarity on his expected return to play.”
how do you get 4-6 weeks from that quote?
Lloyd literally says we'll get a time frame after the first month of the season is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back