Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This headline top post on every page is depressing. I think we all know now he is out for the year?

Agreed. Can we make Maher's comment on Walsh the sticky? Positive news going into the season proper would be nice.

Agreed. Can we make Maher's comment on Walsh the sticky? Positive news going into the season proper would be nice.
Or maybe this?
Explosion Reaction GIF

I'm a bit conflicted about the Cunners injury

On one hand... You get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. You have one job - stay fit and healthy

On the other hand... Is it good club culture to say no play fighting, no arm wrestling, no piggybacks, no races up the stairs? In fact, ye shall not partaketh in any kind of fun or shenanigans that may result in injury.

There's 45 young guys, you've got to let them have some fun.

Obviously there is a line between fun and stupidity. But not sure where that line is in this case. Actually... I never know where that line is!

I think you already know the answer, can you imagine getting a lecture from a coach about no play fighting, only to look out the window and watching your team mates tackle the crap out of each other in a match sim?

There’s been footage of players from other teams boxing on at training and people are seriously calling wrestling with a team mate unprofessional.

Ben McKay injured, will likely miss playing against Harry again.

Just the perfect trade for us fits the pre requisite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

News just in, Sam Walsh has hurt himself doing rehab at home, apparently he stood on an uneven surface.

Vossy has had a go at him for doing rehab in an uncontrolled environment and told all the players if they exercise or workout at home they can ship out.

All players with kids are banned from giving wizzy dizzies, wrestles and throwing their kids in the air.

Vossy has also reminded the players there are thousands of people out there jealous about their privileged positions and to think about all the supporters who wouldn’t accept half the restrictions in their workplace.

News just in, Sam Walsh has hurt himself doing rehab at home, apparently he stood on an uneven surface.

Vossy has had a go at him for doing rehab in an uncontrolled environment and told all the players if they exercise or workout at home they can ship out.

All players with kids are banned from giving wizzy dizzies, wrestles and throwing their kids in the air.

Vossy has also reminded the players there are thousands of people out there jealous about their privileged positions and to think about all the supporters who wouldn’t accept half the restrictions in their workplace.
If Vossy had banned Lego on the floor, I would have backed him!

I’d probably get sacked if I wrestled someone at work. Probably sued too if it resulted in a dislocated shoulder.

All this makes me think about is inappropriate jobs to wrestle someone at.

Primary school art teacher dislocates class clowns shoulder in wrestling match.

QANTAS plane makes emergency landing after pilot and co-pilot settle an argument over the earth being flat with a wrestle

Divorce attorney loses his accreditation after wrestling with clients ex husband for being a knob

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke is just built to play for Carlton.

Imagine a backline of McKay, McGovern, Marchbank, Williams, Boyd, Newman and Kemp. Sam Durdin as a backup. Could probably consider moving Martin to defence for a bit too.

Poor Weitering should get an honorary medical degree given how long he has been holding together a hospital ward...

I’d probably get sacked if I wrestled someone at work. Probably sued too if it resulted in a dislocated shoulder.

Tough being a funeral director huh?

What if as a bloke I was to wrestle a woman at work?

Workplace equality? :think:

What if she was 5okg heavier than me........ Equal? ⚖️

What if she got me in a full nelson and then pinned my shoulders for a three second count, could this be seen as sexual harassment?

I'm off to have a chat with HR and the union rep :thumbsu:

There is this one lady I wouldn't mind having a wrestle with and be good to know where I stand. :p

What if she got me in a full nelson and then pinned my shoulders for a three second count, could this be seen as sexual harassment?

There is this one lady I wouldn't mind having a wrestle with and be good to know where I stand. :p
I dare say HR will be the ones having a chat to you…

B0ADBBB0-7559-4154-817D-28F74A22161C.gif

I think you already know the answer, can you imagine getting a lecture from a coach about no play fighting, only to look out the window and watching your team mates tackle the crap out of each other in a match sim?

There’s been footage of players from other teams boxing on at training and people are seriously calling wrestling with a team mate unprofessional.

May have had more to do with the individual involved?

I can imagine if a teammate took it upon themselves to jokingly crash tackle the bloke with the longest injury list in the squad, and in doing so dislocated the guy's shoulder, then seems fair that the coaching group would be pissed. Cunners himself could be pissed, if one of his teammates decided to have a lark and killed his last chance at an AFL career.

Maybe Cunners was as much an instigator. And if so....once again, could understand the coaching group being a bit miffed if he finally gets a decent preseason in and then wrecks his shoulder acting the clown with a mate. We give him a one-year deal while turfing guys like Setterfield, Newnes, Stocker and Hayes, putting some faith in Cunners to come good - then this happens. Would be frustrating.

I'm not advocating for a team-wide ban on physical activites outside training. But I do think there are a few blokes on the list who either should be shielded from that sort of horseplay, or held additionally accountable for not engaging in it.

Look we've got enough worries with Carlton without your crap ...... And for those that like this and gave it a thumbs up turn your mind back to when Charlie Curnow himself at home on the stairs ..... I wonder if you read that and thought it was a joke when it happened to Charlie

What's the go with Durdin? Not playing in the VFL practice match so looking unlikely for round 1. He's now missed a month with "hamstring awareness". Hope this isn't another Carlton classic 1-2 week injury that turns into half a season.

Martin and Gov playing today so they should be right. Marchbank looks like he's out. Newman must have just been managed last week as haven't heard anything. No idea what's happening with Kemp? He hasn't played the last 3 weeks so almost certainly injured.

What's the go with Durdin? Not playing in the VFL practice match so looking unlikely for round 1. He's now missed a month with "hamstring awareness". Hope this isn't another Carlton classic 1-2 week injury that turns into half a season.

Martin and Gov playing today so they should be right. Marchbank looks like he's out. Newman must have just been managed last week as haven't heard anything. No idea what's happening with Kemp? He hasn't played the last 3 weeks so almost certainly injured.

I think more than any other reason we question the clubs strengths and conditioning program because we hear sweet FA about players injuries, rehab processes ect and only get tid bid update from journos and club insiders. Personally I’d love a farking update on Durdin, how far off is Boyd, Cotters? Give us an insight into how gov, cunners, martin and Marchy have been managed over pre season and as stated above absolutely zero on Kemp? Lemmey also not named in VFL? I love the club like it’s family, but an upgrade on the comms from an injury perspective would be nice.

Just on Kemp. The last training photo had Kemp taking a big pack mark,havent seen or heard anything since.

I think more than any other reason we question the clubs strengths and conditioning program because we hear sweet FA about players injuries, rehab processes ect and only get tid bid update from journos and club insiders. Personally I’d love a farking update on Durdin, how far off is Boyd, Cotters? Give us an insight into how gov, cunners, martin and Marchy have been managed over pre season and as stated above absolutely zero on Kemp? Lemmey also not named in VFL? I love the club like it’s family, but an upgrade on the comms from an injury perspective would be nice.
I agree but the club maybe wanting to keep their cards close to their chest with certain players as we're nearing a massive opening round one game of the season? The Blues are already featuring in every second media article on "will they,wont they" play finals this year,the pressure's already on the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back