Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think more than any other reason we question the clubs strengths and conditioning program because we hear sweet FA about players injuries, rehab processes ect and only get tid bid update from journos and club insiders. Personally I’d love a farking update on Durdin, how far off is Boyd, Cotters? Give us an insight into how gov, cunners, martin and Marchy have been managed over pre season and as stated above absolutely zero on Kemp? Lemmey also not named in VFL? I love the club like it’s family, but an upgrade on the comms from an injury perspective would be nice.
I understand the frustrations, but we need a little patience.

The practice match was specifically a VFL practice match. The only AFL listed players to go around were those who needed conditioning and/or touch. Clearly we allowed the VFL boys the chance to get some synergy rather than spend their season as fill ins.

Lemmey, Binns and others are LONG TERM prospects and there is no rush.

Clearly Durds isn’t ready, I suspect there will be a re conditioning block for a bloke who has missed a month or more and plays a high pressure role.

Boyd and Cotters will do well to play pre bye given the nature of their injuries - patience.

Kempy? Who the * knows. Could be conditioning or an undisclosed injury.

Walshy pushing hard, but will not make round one if has not been in full contact drills. Need him for 20 odd games once he returns, get him right and ready. Fogarty, I have been told is behind Walshy in the rehab stakes.

Marchbank has had another soft tissue glitch and is running out of mulligans. Love the bloke, but must spend considerable quality time on the park. Expecting to see him soon, but … yeah.

Cuningham, suck it and see. Time frame anyone’s guess. Couple of weeks or maybe never?

I think more than any other reason we question the clubs strengths and conditioning program because we hear sweet FA about players injuries, rehab processes ect and only get tid bid update from journos and club insiders. Personally I’d love a farking update on Durdin, how far off is Boyd, Cotters? Give us an insight into how gov, cunners, martin and Marchy have been managed over pre season and as stated above absolutely zero on Kemp? Lemmey also not named in VFL? I love the club like it’s family, but an upgrade on the comms from an injury perspective would be nice.
Ya bloody right Sickblue.

I'd be looking for Cotters to resume around round 6 to 8. Maybe earlier if his body recovers quicker

Boyd I would suspect to resume at or around the bye

Someone correct me if I'm off.

After last nights vfl game we only gave the following out for round 1
Walsh - round 2?
Williams - season
Durdin - who knows?
Marchbank - **** knows
Cuningham - 4-6 weeks
Fogarty - season??
Kemp - why the zero games?
Cotterell - after the bye I reckon
Boyd - season??
Philp - season and career over

Last edited:
Was sore after the last intra-club. Been three weeks now.
if thats the case we should probably check to see if he has a bad bulging disc in his back - being told walsh had soreness for weeks on end left me with PTSD

Walsh - round 2?
Williams - season
Durdin - who knows?
Marchbank - * knows
Cuningham - 4-6 weeks
Fogarty - season??
Boyd - season??
Dow is also questionable, did something to his shoulder against Sydney.. may be nothing but I did notice he was taken off after the incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh - round 2?
Williams - season
Durdin - who knows?
Marchbank - * knows
Cuningham - 4-6 weeks
Fogarty - season??
Boyd - season??
Only? Assume tongue in cheek.

4-6 of those won't play a game this year.

Time to get serious about durability.

Unbelievable!! Was hoping at the start of last year our wretched run with injury would be over… instead it was worse and this year is already a mare and we haven’t played a game yet. So depressing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back