Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a giggle really. The data is IN on this bloke. * off Russell. You’re full of s**t. Low Oerformance Manager.

Can’t get Dow to afl standard running in 5 years. Afl players aren’t even good runners ffs.

Took 4 years to get LOB a half decent core.

Cerra regular niggles already.
Williams does a knee in a “brutal” preseason session. Just bad luck my arse.
Kennedy syndesmosis why keep playing?
McKay knee kept playing last year.
McGovern I mean wtf.
TDk still can’t run.
Walsh does a back at 21 so bad needs surgery. Bad luck?
Durdin calf? Motlop calf? Owies hamstring awareness? Are you ******* kidding?
Martin can’t get on the park.
Marchbank I mean wtf.
Philp mgt has been horrrific.
Ed C couldn’t get on the ground last year.
Honey wtf.
Boyd rehabbed so well does it all again.
Cotts gets stress fractures? Now there’s a topic. COTTS gets stress fractures. From what? Running? Are you ******* kidding? He needs to do NO running. Zero. He could run twice a week with his base and be afl fit. Wtf was he actually doing that led to stress *inf fractures?

No one could do worse. No one. Give the local PE primary school teacher a crack. No worse.

It’s pathetic. It’s embarrassing. It’s enough.

Make a change NOW.

Ban me. Like I give a *. Loser mentality putting up with this low performance troll.
You forgot cuningham...

Hasn't played in 2 years and then pops a shoulder wrestling with another senior player

Honestly can't write about this shit. What the ****

He seems to be held together by cotton wool so would be happy if he plays the first two and has a rest.

And herein lies the problem. Gov, Marchy, Cunners, Martin etc. are so fragile that we hope that they can hold it together for 2 weeks. We won’t even make the finals let win a premiership if we are relying on guys who are so regularly out.

Time to clear out talented, but clearly broken players. We carry too many with questionable durability. Really should have happened in 2022...

Its been obvious for years. Its beyond fitness and conditioning, its list mgt issue stemming back to SOS moneyball recruitment

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

I couldn’t agree more. Cunners and Marchy both should have gone last year. I cannot think of another club who has kept 2 guys on their list who have played as little football as these 2 have over a 5 year period.

I’ll be honest I’m shattered

I’ve been trying to ignore these easy excuses cause I find it too negative

But I just can’t with this anymore

The side won’t ever reach its potential if this s**t keeps happening

Ironically Richmond have a possibly worse injury list than us so we are still a good chance this week but I agree it’s almost inevitable these injuries we are having now will eventually catch up with us later in the year.

Broken record i know but.... We only missed finals last year because of injuries. The strategy has to be to nurse our players through 23 rounds plus finals. Not "up the intensity in preseason " and break half the list.

This is simply not true.

And I sure hope the players don’t believe that rubbish because it lets them off the hook.

We missed finals because we couldn’t keep our composure in critical moments and lacked maturity.
We missed out on finals because we turned up to the Adelaide game thinking it’d be a walk in the park.
We missed finals because our players shat themselves late against Melbourne and Collingwood.

Never forget that.

May it have been a different story with different player availability? Sure. But it may not have been as rosy as you seem to suggest.

This is simply not true.

And I sure hope the players don’t believe that rubbish because it lets them off the hook.

We missed finals because we couldn’t keep our composure in critical moments and lacked maturity.
We missed out on finals because we turned up to the Adelaide game thinking it’d be a walk in the park.
We missed finals because our players shat themselves late against Melbourne and Collingwood.

Never forget that.

May it have been a different story with different player availability? Sure. But it may not have been as rosy as you seem to suggest.
We wouldn’t have been in that situation if we were healthier throughout the season

We wouldn’t have been in that situation if we were healthier throughout the season

Maybe, but I prefer to deal with facts rather than hypotheticals.

Fact, we were in a position to make finals despite the injury list.

Fact, we should have made it anyway.

Fact, our players didn’t have the mental fortitude to get us there.

Fact, the injury list alone did not cost us a finals berth.

This is simply not true.

Never forget that.

This is where I kind of disagree. The injuries, particularly to our defence, throughout the course of the year meant the ability for cohesion and synergy in our back half was impossible to achieve.

Players going in and out for back six meant our defence was unable to build an instinctive system that would hold in high pressure situations. Adam Saad finding himself alone inside 50 on two players should never have happened but it happened because we didn't have a stable back six that would know instinctively who would be back or not.

What a giggle really. The data is IN on this bloke. * off Russell. You’re full of s**t. Low Oerformance Manager.

Can’t get Dow to afl standard running in 5 years. Afl players aren’t even good runners ffs.

Took 4 years to get LOB a half decent core.

Cerra regular niggles already.
Williams does a knee in a “brutal” preseason session. Just bad luck my arse.
Kennedy syndesmosis why keep playing?
McKay knee kept playing last year.
McGovern I mean wtf.
TDk still can’t run.
Walsh does a back at 21 so bad needs surgery. Bad luck?
Durdin calf? Motlop calf? Owies hamstring awareness? Are you ******* kidding?
Martin can’t get on the park.
Marchbank I mean wtf.
Philp mgt has been horrrific.
Ed C couldn’t get on the ground last year.
Honey wtf.
Boyd rehabbed so well does it all again.
Cotts gets stress fractures? Now there’s a topic. COTTS gets stress fractures. From what? Running? Are you ******* kidding? He needs to do NO running. Zero. He could run twice a week with his base and be afl fit. Wtf was he actually doing that led to stress *inf fractures?

No one could do worse. No one. Give the local PE primary school teacher a crack. No worse.

It’s pathetic. It’s embarrassing. It’s enough.

Make a change NOW.

Ban me. Like I give a *. Loser mentality putting up with this low performance troll.

Chalrie misses three years. Look what we missed. Apparnelty went to a surgeon who was no good and messed him up???

Hewett back surgery. Pitto comes back and then needs surgery? Cunners not having surgery??

It’s like the dumbest s**t you’d ever see or hear of.
You're pointing out a lot of critical mistakes that result from poor medical decisions. Think you're looking at the wrong party to lynch.

My understanding of Russell's history is that he's a huge believer in keeping players lean and boosting their running capacity so assuming he's not abandoned that, there's either a directive from elsewhere, or a lack of adherence from either the playing group or the dieticians to really nail down the rest.

I couldn’t agree more. Cunners and Marchy both should have gone last year. I cannot think of another club who has kept 2 guys on their list who have played as little football as these 2 have over a 5 year period.
Straight off the top of my head I can nominate Sydney, who did so for years with Alex Johnson and Sam Reid.

Frustration of posters stems from lack of finals and consistency of successful seasonal campaigns. Its been a long journey since we made finals in our own right (2011) and challenged for the Cup.

Comparing lists to Geelong or Richmond is fine, but given their success its not commensurate to our historical situation.

For me, we should still beat Richmond with what we have. Injuries are no longer an excuse. Plenty of talent to work with, if we have a clever coaching group

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

I personally don't think injuries at this stage will stop us making finals. My frustration is more that we don't want to just make finals. We want to be top 4 competing for a flag. It's hard to see us being able to do that with our lack of availability and continuity of our team and our window isn't that big due to our age profile.

I personally don't think injuries at this stage will stop us making finals. My frustration is more that we don't want to just make finals. We want to be top 4 competing for a flag. It's hard to see us being able to do that with our lack of availability and continuity of our team and our window isn't that big due to our age profile.

Our age profile is fine, equal with Hawks for the least number of players 29 years of age or older

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not bad at all. In fact it's primed for the next 3-4 years, which is why these injuries are so frustrating.

I actually think the injuries aren't that bad, once you drill down into who is considered top 22

Definate best 22: Williams, Walsh (not that far away), Durdin, Motlop, both will need a fitness test

Debatable for best 22 : Boyd, Cottrell, Marchbank, Cuners

The rest: Philp

Have I missed anyone else?

If say 6 of the 8 you mentioned are best 22.

That’s 27% of the ‘best team’ on paper missing, seems pretty bad to me.

Percentage is pretty similar of the entire list, and has been that way for a few years. Someone wrote look at Richmond, last year they were missing 2 players going into round 1.

The club has a serious problem in this area, and it’s not just recruiting injury prone players

Feels like the end is nigh for Russell.

Came with a big reputation and maybe he did get seriously unlucky but I have said before - ramping up the intensity of preseason was stupid. And that is his responsibility.

Last week i spoke to a current Geel player about preseason and he mentioned they didn't run all that much. Picked up most of their fitness from the preseason matches.

Broken record i know but.... We only missed finals last year because of injuries. The strategy has to be to nurse our players through 23 rounds plus finals. Not "up the intensity in preseason " and break half the list.
‘Didn’t run all that much and picked up most of their fitness in preseason games’.

I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

If say 6 of the 8 you mentioned are best 22.

That’s 27% of the ‘best team’ on paper missing, seems pretty bad to me.

Percentage is pretty similar of the entire list, and has been that way for a few years. Someone wrote look at Richmond, last year they were missing 2 players going into round 1.

The club has a serious problem in this area, and it’s not just recruiting injury prone players

That word, if

Last year has no bearing on this year, evident by the Tigers having more than 2 injuries before round 1 this year

That word, if

Last year has no bearing on this year, evident by the Tigers having more than 2 injuries before round 1 this year
Of course it does. Silly comment, your excluding the use of statistics if you decide to not take into account past years, performances and trends.

And if, we’ll you wrote 4 potential 22 players, I only included half of them. And of those 4 when fit, they were all playing mostly in the main team in recent years. Marchbank only in the ones, Boyd was injured when playing in the ones, Cottrell played most of last year and Cunners - talented yeah, but who knows after 2 years

Straight off the top of my head I can nominate Sydney, who did so for years with Alex Johnson and Sam Reid.

Alex Johnson was the only one I could think but even he has played 2 x 20plus game seasons before his injuries not to mention he was part of a premiership. Sam Reid played 20 plus games in in 3 of his first 5 seasons again including a premiership.

In year 8 and 9 years of their careers respectively Cunners and Marchy have played 41 and 53 games and never got close to playing 22 games in any one season ever. IMO in the modern game you simply cannot hold onto guys for that long with such limited output.

Last edited:
Alex Johnson was the only one I could think but even he has played 2 x 20plus game seasons before his injuries not to mention he was part of a premiership. Sam Reid how we played 20 plus games in in 3 of his first 5 seasons again including a premiership.

In year 8 and 9 years of their careers respectively Cunners and Marchy have played 41 and 53 games and never got close to playing 22 games in any one season ever. IMO in the modern game you simply cannot hold onto guys for that long with such limited output.
We've got a young list, and we should be contending.
Do you think we're better off with a couple of rookie picks, or 2 highly talented 26 year olds who fill list needs, but have injury risks?

Alex Johnson was the only one I could think but even he has played 2 x 20plus game seasons before his injuries not to mention he was part of a premiership. Sam Reid played 20 plus games in in 3 of his first 5 seasons again including a premiership.

I’m sure both will be gone unless they can manage 16+ games. Philp will go too alongside Dow.

We've got a young list, and we should be contending.
Do you think we're better off with a couple of rookie picks, or 2 highly talented 26 year olds who fill list needs, but have injury risks?

I want guys who are available to play if we need them. IMO there’s plenty of mature age types floating around in lower leagues or fringe players at other clubs looking for regular football who’d be better value than holding onto these two. They simply do not play enough.

Of course it does. Silly comment, your excluding the use of statistics if you decide to not take into account past years, performances and trends.

And if, we’ll you wrote 4 potential 22 players, I only included half of them. And of those 4 when fit, they were all playing mostly in the main team in recent years. Marchbank only in the ones, Boyd was injured when playing in the ones, Cottrell played most of last year and Cunners - talented yeah, but who knows after 2 years

So you want to use "if" by stating 6 players, to then determine a percentage of best 22, rather than the definate 4 players?

So you want to use "if" by stating 6 players, to then determine a percentage of best 22, rather than the definate 4 players?
How can you actually determine definite 22 players right now? Are you Michael Voss?

Conveniently ignoring the number of senior games those 4 played last year. What was their VFL/AFL %?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back