Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With our injury list being short and us being fairly crap, are these 2 related?

Are we being more softly softly with our training and fitness for fear of injuries? That in turn leads to mediocre to s**t performances?

I don't know if we are being soft but I recall track watchers often commenting during preseason how few of the boys were in the main group. Managing guys may enable you to get them available for the season but I wonder if all the heavy individualised programs impacts team cohesion.

We just need to take the simple view of ruling them out for the year in our hearts and minds and any games we get out of them is a bonus. So much talent in that group and that’s why it kills us to the degree it does.

I’m excited to see cotters and hopefully Boyd over the next month as I think these boys can give us a lift in areas we lack (run and foot skills).

Some suggesting guv only going at 75% to minimise risk of a hammy. Not a bad idea if true. He can be the ball distributor rather aggressively chasing.

I’m a little concerned he may want a trade to wce.
Honestly, I think we’d consider it.

As many have requested with better communication from the club on our injury report, e.g. Collingwood’s outlay on Tuesday (it doesn’t appear to be too hard).

I misheard McCreery on AFL360 referring to Jarrad Waite at the club which upon investigation was high performance manager Jarrad Wade, well praised re: running out 4th quarter as their strong point.

Glad you cleared this up and saved me a search….

I also thought I heard jarrad Waite :)

Jarrad Waite as high performance manager is something crazy enough for Carlton to do.

At least the players in rehab would have someone with them all the time...

Some suggesting guv only going at 75% to minimise risk of a hammy. Not a bad idea if true. He can be the ball distributor rather aggressively chasing.

I’m a little concerned he may want a trade to wce.
Think it has been very obvious he is playing within himself. We are playing a very long game from appearances. (I just have reservations on development “strategies” at the same time)

Posters who think anyone within our hierarchy genuinely focussing on a flag tilt this year are kidding themself.

Jarrad Waite as high performance manager is something crazy enough for Carlton to do.

At least the players in rehab would have someone with them all the time...
Unless in a contract year...

Think it has been very obvious he is playing within himself. We are playing a very long game from appearances. (I just have reservations on development “strategies” at the same time)

Posters who think anyone within our hierarchy genuinely focussing on a flag tilt this year are kidding themself.
They are focused on playing the best footy they can each match. Thats all any club does ever. And when that takes a team to a flag they will say there was some luck involved that the pieces fell into place.

As many have requested with better communication from the club on our injury report, e.g. Collingwood’s outlay on Tuesday (it doesn’t appear to be too hard).

I misheard McCreery on AFL360 referring to Jarrad Waite at the club which upon investigation was high performance manager Jarrad Wade, well praised re: running out 4th quarter as their strong point.
What a great update.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury update (from club - Official AFL Website of the Carlton Football Club ):

PlayerInjuryUpdate
David CuninghamCalfReturning to skills training this week. (Update: 26 April)
Tom De KoningConcussionIn concussion protocols and will be unavailable for selection this week. (Update: 11 May)
Sam DurdinHamstringHas commenced his rehabilitation and is aiming to be available in 2-3 weeks. (Update: 4 May)
Caleb MarchbankCalfHas returned to full training and is a test for next week. (Update: 11 May)
Jack MartinCalfIn full training. (Update: 11 May)
Lochie O'BrienAnkleIn full training. (Update: 11 May)
Sam PhilpFootUnderwent surgery after experiencing a stress fracture to the second metatarsal in his foot.
Has been placed on the inactive list. (Update: 3 February)
Zac WilliamsKneeUnderwent surgery after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament.

Ruled out for the 2023 AFL season. (Update: 3 February)

Injury update (from club - Official AFL Website of the Carlton Football Club ):

PlayerInjuryUpdate
Tom De KoningConcussionIn concussion protocols and will be unavailable for selection this week. (Update: 11 May)
Sam DurdinHamstringHas commenced his rehabilitation and is aiming to be available in 2-3 weeks. (Update: 4 May)
Caleb MarchbankCalfHas returned to full training and is a test for next week. (Update: 11 May)
Sam PhilpFootUnderwent surgery after experiencing a stress fracture to the second metatarsal in his foot.
Zac WilliamsKneeUnderwent surgery after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament.

Does that mean Obrien and Martin are available?

Latest Injury Update 12th May …

Does that mean Obrien and Martin are available?
The frustration is the club would know at the time of this “update” (yesterday evening) whether these two are playing or a test to play against the AFL academy this week but have actively chosen to withhold this information from members/supporters. If they’re playing, say it. If they’re a test today to see whether they play, say it. If they need another week of full training, say it.

I understand withholding information about key players who would come straight into the seniors (due to a real or more likely perceived competitive advantage of keeping this under wraps), but for guys who have to come back via the VFL the same argument doesn’t hold.

The frustration is the club would know at the time of this “update” (yesterday evening) whether these two are playing or a test to play against the AFL academy this week but have actively chosen to withhold this information from members/supporters. If they’re playing, say it. If they’re a test today to see whether they play, say it. If they need another week of full training, say it.

I understand withholding information about key players who would come straight into the seniors (due to a real or more likely perceived competitive advantage of keeping this under wraps), but for guys who have to come back via the VFL the same argument doesn’t hold.

I have been very critical of the communication around this in the past, but I think this is fine.

It's much harder to know with players returning from soft tissue injuries. Particularly hard to be definitive early in the week when they aren't going straight into the seniors, but would instead be playing in a scratch match. The club still may not know what is happening this week with those guys.

I imagine Martin would probably play a managed role at best: maybe half a game to test out the injury and get some basic form/fitness. Then perhaps another VFL game at full intensity before seniors.

On another note, if you ignore Williams and Philp (gone for the year) and concede that Marchbank and Cuningham aren't likely to be afl standard this year either, we're as close to full strength as might be possible in 2023. We probably don't have a best 22 player injured at the moment, with De Koning and O'Brien both reserves on form, and Martin probably the same.

Quite incredible and you would hope that if we can now get some consistency it will translate to improve performances.

I have been very critical of the communication around this in the past, but I think this is fine.

It's much harder to know with players returning from soft tissue injuries. Particularly hard to be definitive early in the week when they aren't going straight into the seniors, but would instead be playing in a scratch match. The club still may not know what is happening this week with those guys.

I imagine Martin would probably play a managed role at best: maybe half a game to test out the injury and get some basic form/fitness. Then perhaps another VFL game at full intensity before seniors.

On another note, if you ignore Williams and Philp (gone for the year) and concede that Marchbank and Cuningham aren't likely to be afl standard this year either, we're as close to full strength as might be possible in 2023. We probably don't have a best 22 player injured at the moment, with De Koning and O'Brien both reserves on form, and Martin probably the same.

Quite incredible and you would hope that if we can now get some consistency it will translate to improve performances.
Hope is all we have.

Absolutely agree, once these three get in the park I’ve no doubt they are going to make the naysayers eat their words, in one to two weeks time - I am very confident about this.

The club has made a huge investment in this talented trio and I believe the clubs patience will be be rewarded very shortly.

I have an idea. Instead of posting this rhetoric after an apparent change of heart on these players, how about you use your powers for good? You can be responsible for seeking out all articles and mentions of these players and updating their player threads. How about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back