Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

:mad:

Meniscus was my guess on Harrys injury at the time but im quite suprised they're saying 6 to 8 weeks out with it. Only saying this from my own experience. I had a complete Meniscus tear and was pretty good after about 3 weeks and i'm on bone on bone now.
Guess 6 to 8 is worse case scenario an the club wouldnt take risks with Big H.
I wonder if it's the same knee he injured last time?

Maybe. Maybe not.

H going down all but nullified one of Port's greatest strengths - Aliir and his intercept game.

With both twin towers up and running Aliir has more freedom to move up the ground and zone off when required. So yes it's far from ideal H went down but it did force us to change up the forward structure (which worked, obviously) AND forced a major restructure by Port.
Nah - either H or CC playing one out on Jonas would have been brutal. That guy was always undersized but is now is totally cooked

Meniscus was my guess on Harrys injury at the time but im quite suprised they're saying 6 to 8 weeks out with it. Only saying this from my own experience. I had a complete Meniscus tear and was pretty good after about 3 weeks and i'm on bone on bone now.
Yes, same knee but "unrelated"....

As another punter said, he might just even pop back up for the Pies game!!

The club probably don't want big H running around bone on bone. Extended recovery period is probably to avoid that.

Might be time to play Marchbank and Young forward in the VFL this week seeing as we have a potential long term injury to McKay, just to see what they can do. Just to be covered should Curnow also go down at some point as well. Play Lemmy back, will do his development good learning some defensive craft.

Maybe. Maybe not.

H going down all but nullified one of Port's greatest strengths - Aliir and his intercept game.

With both twin towers up and running Aliir has more freedom to move up the ground and zone off when required. So yes it's far from ideal H went down but it did force us to change up the forward structure (which worked, obviously) AND forced a major restructure by Port.
Last year we stuffed Port with the two big boys, alternating so much that Aliir was always where the ball wasn't. Worked a treat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked out the AFL club injury lists posted today for this week.
Business as usual for the Blues with a double figure count and close to the top of the list again.
Some clubs running at virtually full strength, what an advantage that is for them in a number of ways …

It’s not so bad we’ve got some depth.

Young
Carrol
Binns
Marchbank
Durdin
Sdurdin
Hollands

Break glass in case of emergency:
ECurnow
Honey
LOB
Plowman

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least we’re seeing glimpses of what other clubs see regularly nowadays…

Scary thing is, all the perennially injured blokes are currently playing, could get very ugly very quick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s not so bad we’ve got some depth.

Young
Carrol
Binns
Marchbank
Durdin
Sdurdin
Hollands

Break glass in case of emergency:
ECurnow
Honey
LOB
Plowman

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep,
Just sometimes wonder what it’d be like to have the luxury of a near full list like some other clubs have.
Oh well … one of these days maybe 🤷‍♂️

im no doctor, can someone explain how long a meniscus tear would mean?

how bout mcl?

i know acl is 6-12 mths

basically when do we get harry back? (best case)
Depends how much cartilage you have left I gues but from my own experience, lateral and minor (twice), it's as soon as swelling has gone down and you feel confortable pain wise. 4-6 weeks seems to be the go generally.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Yes, sakc Russell for contact injuries and players listed as test/likely to return

Strange, nothing was said when we had single digit injuries
Anyone that can get multiple games into Gov, Martin and Cunners is a mad genius.
Marchy is his next experiment.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back