Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom 6 sides don't play home games at Marvel outside of us. Here is the evidence for all the Russell advocates and our HPT.

7b29aee84445c0871ea2dd2ea21ed7fa.jpg

First injury list we haven’t been top of….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What do you consider backing the cub? Is providing a stat about our injuries and questioning our high performance team led by Russell which is the worst in the AFL based on statistics provided. Only two players have played every game. Statistically the worst in the league. This has been a common theme for many years not just a one off.
At what point do you expect better results from our HPT?
Well I consider it as putting faith in them the club to employ the best available and when it isn't working change the people employed. Over my many years of support they have done that always. Of course that doesnt always give the things we wish, as in the best team and flags. It also doesnt mean one must always be happy with results but then neither are the people at the coalface that work to get it right.

As to the HPT, a few hammies in a rough give it all they have style of play is hardly a fail and none can possibly know in advance it will happen including the player concerned. Instead look at the long list of talented players that we could have given up on all fit and running around winning games. Patience and good management I would suggest. And its great we have got games into so many, it makes for depth and balance.
On the many years you mention, I think its time to embrace the now and look forward not back.
Great time to be a blues supporter.

Thats as simple as it gets.

I’ve gone and looked at team selection for the year.

Notable hammies and calves, Cerra, McGovern, Walsh, Martin, Owies. Joints, Silvagni, Kennedy, McKay, De Koning, Pittonet.

Silvagni, Dow, Motlop, O’Brien, Carroll, Kemp, Plowman, Fisher, Cowan, Young, Ed Curnow, Honey, Cincotta, Owies have been dropped at least on one occasion this season.

Off the top of my head Motlop, Cottrell and Boyd missed due to suspension.

What’s the point of the tweet? Do some teams have better luck with injuries or better management of injuries during the season. I’d be Nostradamus if I could answer that question.

I’ve gone and looked at team selection for the year.

Notable hammies and calves, Cerra, McGovern, Walsh, Martin, Owies. Joints, Silvagni, Kennedy, McKay, De Koning, Pittonet.

Silvagni, Dow, Motlop, O’Brien, Carroll, Kemp, Plowman, Fisher, Cowan, Young, Ed Curnow, Honey, Cincotta, Owies have been dropped at least on one occasion this season.

Off the top of my head Motlop, Cottrell and Boyd missed due to suspension.

What’s the point of the tweet? Do some teams have better luck with injuries or better management of injuries during the season. I’d be Nostradamus if I could answer that question.
Simple answer is yes some teams have more luck. Beyond that it's worth noting it's not like Russell and his team can literally babysit players. Some are just bad at rehab/prep/recovery and some need to do something alternative that can't be supplied by the club like Martin. Just too much going on to be able to figure out anything more than what externally appears to be luck

Simple answer is yes some teams have more luck. Beyond that it's worth noting it's not like Russell and his team can literally babysit players. Some are just bad at rehab/prep/recovery and some need to do something alternative that can't be supplied by the club like Martin. Just too much going on to be able to figure out anything more than what externally appears to be luck
Physiology is a funny thing. Did my hammy on Australia Day and till about 2 weeks ago still feeling it’s effects every time I’d go for a walk, run, climb the stairs. Went to physio weekly which aided a little. Tried something a little off kilt and within a week gone. Then could run full flight and my knee tendon flared up again. My usual physio gave it some work.. not much difference… he’s now away on leave as he snapped his achilles and his replacement saw me yesterday… this morning 80% better.

Last edited:
When it comes to injuries over a long period of time stats can be pulled out for every year and they’d be just as bad, I prefer to see in a weekly basis who we’ve been missing from best 23…text is that long you could make an English assessment for grade 3 and mark it.

But, it’s all bad luck man

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bad: We seem to have more injuries than other clubs every year (recruiting injury-plagued players a contributor)

Good: We very quickly made the leap from unfittest team to one of fittest a few years ago

Neutral: Not sure if gameplan is a contributor to injury record.

Conclusion: I have NFI.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad: We seem to have more injuries than other clubs every year (recruiting injury-plagued players a contributor)

Good: We very quickly made the leap from unfittest team to one of fittest a few years ago

Neutral: Not sure if gameplan is a contributor to injury record.

Conclusion: I have NFI.
Short succinct assessment.

I know people that can turn that bit of information into a high impact journal article. 😂😂

Anyone been to training this week? Love to know who is/isn’t running around.

McKay in particular.. original diagnosis 6-8 weeks.. since there’s been speculation it will be sooner.. no offical update that I’ve seen.

Walsh seems to beat every recovery estimate so wouldn’t surprise me if he’s on the team sheet.

Haven’t listened to any interviews in the last week either.

Call me crazy but this injury run 'feels' different to our many others.
Club is seemingly happy to be ultra conservative and hold players back for an extra week or so.

I feel like if this was last season Walsh, Cerra, McGovern and Harry may be playing this week or earlier.
Can't help but feel like this is a reason we fell in a heap at the end of last year.
If we manage to play finals the conservatism plus the pre-finals bye may really pay dividends for us... fingers crossed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back