Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been asked before.

All the talk on here is about who we want or think may be headed to carlton via draft or trade etc.

But I have yet to see any rumours about who other clubs might be targeting (realistically) from OUR team. It happens every year, and there are always some surprises out of nowhere, so it can't be discounted just cos we are pretty crap onfield right now.

Surely other clubs would be asking the questions, especially from interstate (go-home factor etc) about various players?

Should we be concerned about any of our young players in particular?
Yeah, fair question

Cripps has been talked about a lot, even with over a year left on his current contract. Those rumours have basically stopped in the last fortnight, however, plenty expecting an announcement (2 years?) in the coming weeks

McKay was probably next in line, a few suggesting he needs to mature (physically / mentally) and he has some currency - particularly if we wanted to draft Lukosius - but I think those murmurs have stopped too

All others of significance - notably, Murphy - have signed-on

However, learning from the Gibbs deal, contracts don't mean much these days - so some might still be shopped around by SOS:

"Everything's for sale" :fire:

Jones? SPS? Plowman? Weiters? Cunners? Casboult? Byrne? JSOS (awkward)?

Who knows :think:

Last edited:

Was also shown on a show recently (Talking Footy if not mistaken) re: his VFL performances and possible re-entering to the AFL.

ASOS unfortunately is broken. Rowe will be 50/50, may be an emergency option for 1 more year.

GCFC were keen to swoop on O’Shea last year hence the PSD action and supposedly interested with us again with Collins.
It disappoints me that we got into a bidding frenzy over O'Shea, and then doubled down with Shaw.

Problem is, although these guys are showing a lot of potential, unless we can keep them on the field we will end up with a bunch of Luke O'Sullivan's who took 10 years to play 100 games.
Our players need games on the board and continuity, it is why the Brisbane players are showing better form at this stage. I am hoping that this year is just a hiccough with regards to injury.

It’s the big issue at the moment and the way MLG & SOS spoke during the week it will be addressed

I believe that you couldn't be more wrong. The club is very eager to get him through a preseason.

It would take overs pick for them to contemplate it.

Is one of those "Anyone can be traded.... at the right price" players.
Not wrong in saying he will be asked about imo, he will be... Doubt he will leave and never said he would if thats what you think i couldn't be more wrong about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the big issue at the moment and the way MLG & SOS spoke during the week it will be addressed

I hope so Soapy, I am quite excited by what we have coming through but unless they can stay on the park, their development will struggle. I absolutely loved watching Willow play last year, how he comes on next year, who knows.
Our barometer, in my eyes is Kreuzer and his year has reflected our performance. A good ruckman around the ground is worth a kings ransom.
Just too many interrupted seasons to players who we can't afford to have of the park.

Not wrong in saying he will be asked about imo, he will be... Doubt he will leave and never said he would if thats what you think i couldn't be more wrong about?

Nevermind me. Headaches and me posting should never mix. I'm sorry.

Clubs will come calling as most do about all club's younger players. However, he wont be put in the shop window.

Last edited:
I'm studying to become a journalist and leaving out the research, I knew he was there for nearly 10 seasons, it must have been his 50th game I remember them celebrating

Yep, played his 50th in his 10th season. Played 15 games that year though, easily his best season.

One thing I didn't realise (or forgot) is that he is the uncle of Daniel Hannebery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back