Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're both severely overestimating Mitchell's output here. He's worth about $450k max, because he doesn't make as much of a difference as his raw stats suggest.

How so? I didn't say he was top echelon, I said he'd be filling a gap in their side once their older mids retire - and given that they have Sicily, they can choose to make that call with Breust - as opposed to having both he and Sicily, but a massive void in the middle.

How so? I didn't say he was top echelon, I said he'd be filling a gap in their side once their older mids retire - and given that they have Sicily, they can choose to make that call with Breust - as opposed to having both he and Sicily, but a massive void in the middle.
These guys can add to the outside of their midfield if needed, while Mitchell doesn't add enough to clearances when he's the #1/#2 guy. They need someone who can handle that.

Their Mitchell didn't even get the thumbs up for that until proving himself in the VFL, they need to go find someone and develop them.

They've already taken paycuts to re sign,unless the club offloads some serious talent to accommodate bith JOM and Mitchell they will be playing for peanuts.
I just cant see them both playing at the Hawks next year.

My understanding is that the paycuts for Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne etc were very significant, Hawks like Geelong in the past have done a great job in persuading players that premierships > salary.

Poll on which Footscray player is the first carted off unconscious on the weekend. Hawks won't leave anything to chance from here. It's their way.

That and the Hawks will already have their list of "soft" targets.

MRP rule out the patented Hawks stomach punch (funny how other players got suspended though) but it's ok because Hodgey is only punching people in the kidneys now and charging them down from behind when the ball is 100m away.

Evans has the whole league dancing to Clarksons tune.

That and the Hawks will already have their list of "soft" targets.

MRP rule out the patented Hawks stomach punch (funny how other players got suspended though) but it's ok because Hodgey is only punching people in the kidneys now and charging them down from behind when the ball is 100m away.

Evans has the whole league dancing to Clarksons tune.

Nah he's just such a good bloke there is no way it was intentional :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorns depth is nowhere where it was a couple of years back and the perception of the quality of their depth has also diminished.

There really is very little currency after about their top 18 players.....and the problem compounds in that they have those 6 * 30+ year olds who don't have currency for their age/illness.

Premierships are hard work and it seems to me that Hawthorn are going to give things a real tilt while they still can.

I call total bullshit on that; Breust is far more valuable to the Hawks than Mitchell.

Bruest is only moving if he wants to go, and I don't see Hawthorn pursuing Mitchell unless he comes for their 2nd round pick and a fringe player. They won't drop that much on JO'M either.

What they would sell the farm for is a key forward. Expect them to go hard for McCarthy, Patton, Durdin, Ben Brown, McStay and possibly Cloke.

EDIT: wrong idiom, lol

They can have Casboult......

I know I'm not the first person to say this but I reckon the lack of a tall marking forward will kill the Hawks in finals. You saw it last Friday - Geelong were sloppy but when it got tough, could still bomb it long and still look dangerous thanks to the big Tommahawk, Stanley etc all down there creating a contest for the mids and small forwards to get involved in. As soon as Geelong got back on top in the stoppages in the third and fourth quarters, it was all one way. The Hawks, on the other hand, only looked dangerous when they got clean ball away from the middle and could deliver precisely, or get out the back.

Problem for the Hawks is that everyone left have much better/deeper midfields and I can't see them getting enough decent ball to kick a score. Even if they get over the Doggies (which is no certainty), GWS's midfield could murder them.

If they want to win another flag with Mitchell and co, I reckon a competent KP is as important as another midfielder

"Permanent fixture" is at the other end of the exaggeration scale.

Good to see you're capable of it also.

That would be the other medium forwards you're thinking of.
What's with the attitude?

He's kicked 3 bags of 3, a bag of 4 and a bag of 5, and has been the matchwinner on a couple of occasions.

He missed round 15 on the back of kicking 8 goals the previous two weeks, I'm fairly sure he wasn't dropped.

Selected Round 1 and has played virtually every game since = permanent fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back