Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because other high draft picks that the Giants have let go have all flourished at their new clubs...

Jonathon O'Rourke, Tom Boyd, Dom Tyson, Kristian Jaksch, Mark Whiley etc...

Looks as though they that many high picks they didn't know what to do with them all !!
Oh, they knew what to do with them. Draft players that they can trade to other clubs for more picks where possible.

if medical analysis are positive and markers fine cleared to go , he ticks all the boxes for us. It's only the surplus situation that's forcing the Doggies to let him go Hrovat and Daniels similar physically and playing style.
Hrovat will be a very positive assest to the Baggers

Apparently Pickett will be traded to the blues. Source is a close family member and I will leave it at that.

Any news on his injuries and if he is confident of over coming them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In two or three years, 700k will look like an absolute bargain. He'll regain his fitness and show what a special player he is... If we choose not to go after him, we'll be watching on in amazement and envy as he carves up the competition...
Easy to say omeara could be tearing it up , also easy to say the player we give up to get him at pick 5 an ainsworth mcgrath etc could be tearing it up also . So take the guesswork out back sos to get it right and go the fit option . We can just as easy be watching ainsworth turn into boomer harvey and omeara continuing to struggle .

He'd have to come cheap as fair to say we'd be taking a bit of a risk for someone that's had the foot issues he's had.
Can't see him coming alone though. Would have to be part of a bigger deal, you'd think.
Yes, is the Sumner component of the next package deal I would have thought.

Decent upside if we can get him right, low cost if we cant.

Prepared to take a risk on anyone with real pace, skill and x factor right now because our list does not have too many of these types.

If we give the Doggies 3rd rounder back, the original trade looks like #20, #21 and #59 for #11 and Hrovat.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or rumoured here before, but Jarryd Lyons management have spoken to 3 Victorian clubs, Carlton being one of them. Not happy with the contract put in front of him and now wants to move back home. Contract was for under $200,000 a year, not sure of the length. Sourced from a friend of the family.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or rumoured here before, but Jarryd Lyons management have spoken to 3 Victorian clubs, Carlton being one of them. Not happy with the contract put in front of him and now wants to move back home. Contract was for under $200,000 a year, not sure of the length. Sourced from a friend of the family.
Yeah thanks for the info, was mentioned a couple of weeks ago.:thumbsu:

So given the severity of Pickett's injury problems, if he is a player we are taking to help GWS out, and given we don't want to give up #5 for Marchbank, if we can pull off #23 for the two of them, that is an amazing deal for us. I think Pickett is way better than that though. Maybe we give up #23 and the pick we get for Tuohy and maybe get Stewart thrown in. Hrovat for #49.

In: Marchbank, Pickett, Stewart, Hrovat
Out: Tuohy, #23, #49

Love Tuohy and want to keep him but that is a win for us.

So given the severity of Pickett's injury problems, if he is a player we are taking to help GWS out, and given we don't want to give up #5 for Marchbank, if we can pull off #23 for the two of them, that is an amazing deal for us. I think Pickett is way better than that though. Maybe we give up #23 and the pick we get for Tuohy and maybe get Stewart thrown in. Hrovat for #49.

In: Marchbank, Pickett, Stewart, Hrovat
Out: Tuohy, #23, #49

Love Tuohy and want to keep him but that is a win for us.
Would hate to lose Tuohy, but that would be a fairly good result for us I guess... Then we can use pick 5 for JOM, and walk away big big winners...

I really liked those billboards you did ODN, so clever, really impressive (hint hint)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back