Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good chance (>50%) Shiel is a blue next year. Club has done what they can for now, another club has asked for some time to put together a competing offer.
**** them, get your shit together or miss out.

Really hard to know what to believe anymore.

I’m going to sit back and watch comfortable that SOS will get us another group of players that will add to our list and really improve us in 2019.

Looking forward to the new group and a great pre season. Next year the climb begins

Go Blues

Spot on Soapy, all our permutations come naught at the end of the day.
CFC, recruiters have a vision and will pursue it.
I’m very comfortable they do it competently.

List Mangler on SEN Arvos with Maher talking about Blues/Suns, having a 'good feeling' that the clubs (who applied for a PP) may also be given first access (pre-draft) to certain players outside the traditional U18 system.

Didn't catch the actual chat though so not sure of exact dialogue.

I heard bits and pieces of the conversation....basically, it was a bit of dialogue about how the bottom clubs get access to some of the high end talent in local leagues, as a bit if a lead in for the Mangler to give his top 10 mature age players. No Northern Blues players on his list though...pfffft

But it gives opportunities for the lower teams to bring in some of the talent before they get gazumped in the national draft, like what happened last year.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...afl-draft-ng-eeb9d1466cd2155688a408d7977195ad

Brings a tear to the eye....

In addition to the above. Many of the aforementioned will also be rotating through the forwardline
That's the problem with him though, you can't rotate him anywhere - he's an inside mid or nothing. I'm happy to go after him at the right price because he would improve our list (talk that he is on the same level as Kerridge is complete BS).

Kramer made the point and is correct, the fact that all saints fans are happy to see him go for one of our high second round picks, kinda tells you that he's not really worth it. Nobody knows the limitations on a player than their own supporter base.

You don't get good players by trying to strong arm them into deals. Also, trade week hasn't even started yet. Relax.
Having said that, you'd think a team that wants him would have already done the work and been prepared with their offer. Or is this a counter offer in response to ours?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He went to St. Bede's and then Caulfield Grammar I think. Believe he's from Mentone/ Beumaris area.

I am aware of that but I was replying to jd in regards to Shiel purchasing a house earlier this year bigdog.

Bayside (my area).

Read somewhere on here that he purchased a house in Beaumaris earlier this year.
Not sure if that is true.

Yeah Mentone I just read. Makes sense why I saw him in Mordialloc a few months ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a look at the Hawthorn board the other day, the amount of complaining about a potential priority pick was staggering. I guess they figure that if they tell themselves they didn't get a big leg up back in the day themselves then it didn't actually happen. They have been very well run, but they have also benefited from a series of AFL changes to their advantage (availability of priority picks when they were down bottom, expansion teams sucking up all the talent when they had a quality core of players in their prime, and now greater player movement with most of the better players seeking to go to clubs closer to the top).
Yep, no pleasing some people....and a shiteload of the callers on SEN having a moan about Carlton getting a priority pick were Richmond supporters!!!

Somebody needs to remind them about the priority pick they got in 2007 when they were crap....end of 1st round and they picked up some hack named Alex Rance...

Good chance (>50%) Shiel is a blue next year. Club has done what they can for now, another club has asked for some time to put together a competing offer.
That could be GWS themselves offering him an extension to keep him and his girlfriend there longer than just next year. Then some other player in cap squeeze will slip out either this summer or next. Taranto come on down.. A man can dream...

Yep, no pleasing some people....and a shiteload of the callers on SEN having a moan about Carlton getting a priority pick were Richmond supporters!!!

Somebody needs to remind them about the priority pick they got in 2007 when they were crap....end of 1st round and they picked up some hack named Alex Rance...

Eagles are running around with Shuey and Darling via same method...

Deledio was also a PP

Heard yesterday on the wireless that it will be Dunstan to Carlton, I presume for one of our 2nds. The asking price is only a decent 2nd as Swans are happy to let Hannebery walk. Swans aware Saints don't have anything between very high and very low and want them to do some work, but nothing extravagant.

Heard other speculation that a trade involving the other 2nd with GCS is being discussed, probably for Scrimshaw.

Not opposed to this at all if correct.

tenor.gif

Does she weigh the same as a duck?

Haha, they're getting Lynch for free and are complaining about us getting pick 12. I wonder if they would be willing to swap?

Jarryd Roughead has also been a very poor recruit for Hawthorn over the journey, I feel sorry for them.

I don't see how Dunstan is worth one of our second round picks. It sounds extremely odd to me that Dunstan, who wasn't even in their best 22 at the end of the year, could be of the same value as a 27 year old, 3 time All Australian in Hannebery.

Yeah that's cos he was injured for the final two games? :rolleyes: This really shits me when people make up rubbish like this, clearly was best 22 all season bar games missed due to injury. If you don't want said player, just say you don't want him. No need to make up false stats or statements like people do here often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back