Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given we were prepared to forgo the two second rounders, why did Shane McAdam need to be thrown in? We sure could have used his type.

Two second rounders should have got it done by themselves.

Brokerage for Sydney to get access to pick 13, remember Adelaide also paid a brokerage for the deal 26 + 28 - 40

With setterfield, Gov and walsh we might not put up much of a fight in the next year or so but once all these 19-22 year olds click together at the same time we are going to be a very hard best 18 to match up on. Absolute quality all over the park.

'Damian Barrett is perhaps the best footy journalist in the country'

Who writes this garbage WTF! :rolleyes:
LOL wow that is appalling stuff. Quoting an article from their own site and bigging up their own writer! Seriously these journos need to get a grip. You matter less than umpires get out of the limelight!

But geez I hope he is right on this

so pick 43 has apparently gone for setterfield trade. That would leave us with pick 1, 69, 77, 95 etc

Imo increased likelihood that we will look to trade out future 1st if possible to rebuild our draft position this year.

Eric Pascoe has said it will also include next years second rounder - so if we’ve managed to do it without next years second rounder that’s a huge win.

I think the main disappointment is that the club came out publically and said we needed mature midfielders. Was Shiel our only plan? We didn't get him, were we looking at anyone else? Cripps said he wanted mature bodies around him...as per EP's post it's looking like a quiet period once we get Setterfield. So clubs goal = not achieved?

We can put mature bodies around Cripps - Barlow, Grigg, DFA's etc.

I don't want any more mature Grahams and Kerridges on this list. We missed out on Shiel, brought in McGovern and Fasolo in that age bracket, and Setterfield is the bigger body type too.

Out of all 18 teams in the league, how many have managed to attract A grade mature midfielders this season?

'Damian Barrett is perhaps the best footy journalist in the country'

tenor.gif

An off season of MM, Setterfield, Walsh and Fasolo without giving up any of our young talent is an really good result. Combine that with the growth of our youngsters and some others returning from injury. I don’t think there are many other sides if any that could say they have had better this off season. You don’t make a trade for the sale of making a trade. And some of the trades proposed are fantasy. I think SOS and his team have again done well. Who knows there still might be more to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the main disappointment is that the club came out publically and said we needed mature midfielders. Was Shiel our only plan? We didn't get him, were we looking at anyone else? Cripps said he wanted mature bodies around him...as per EP's post it's looking like a quiet period once we get Setterfield. So clubs goal = not achieved?
It is incredibly hard to attract quality mature midfielders when we win 2 games. We gave it our all for the only midfield that fits that bill.

We could still pick up players like Mitch Grigg or Barlow that will assist. Mitch Grigg is my preference as he fits the age profile and boy is his body mature.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If true, thank you footy Gods! :praying:
I am completely mystified as to why posters keep asking about this bloke.

Last player we would want at our club imo.

I love how Carlton has just given a big **** you to the AFL regarding our priority picks. All along the AFL knew that they were basically worthless in a draft year where there were no standout mature age players but wanted it to look like they were providing us assistance all the same. We've just ended up using them as the steak knives to land the players that we wanted going completely against how the AFL wanted us to be using them. Well played SOS.

At the end of the day though, we want the right players.
If the mature bodies aren't high level players then they aren't going to help Cripps anyway.

Getting setterfield for Future 2nd and pick 43 would be amazing. This is the guy we rated as Pick 1 2 years ago and only reason why he's not seen as one now is because of injuries.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Carlton working on something big?
Damian Barrett is perhaps the best footy journalist in the country and his Sliding Doorscolumn is always full of nuggets. Today, he gave Blues fans reason to think their club is working on something huge.

295842d9-1a48-4940-88be-f83b439b7bdc_800.png

Do they know what we're cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back