Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love that Setterfield is done.
Now I can get my life back!

Also regarding Shiel that door is closed now. He chose them if a deal can’t be done, I don’t want us going after him. We want players who play for Carlton.
Didn’t ahiel want us but we were not prepared to give up pick one. So if the case surely hold off on any hatred or similar to him.

True, but given we had FREE assistance, it only cost us our own 2nd rounder
Ultimately it was an asset we had so doesn't make any sense to ignore it. Could end up as a steal obviously but it's certainly a premium price for him.

Hawthorn putting Burton's name forward as someone they're willing to trade is a massive red flag for me. If they actually believed that he was going to be as good as all the hype suggested then I couldn't see them trading him.

Lovell for Pick 69 I would do though. :D

Russell would know him as good as anyone so we can ask him

We can put mature bodies around Cripps - Barlow, Grigg, DFA's etc.

I don't want any more mature Grahams and Kerridges on this list. We missed out on Shiel, brought in McGovern and Fasolo in that age bracket, and Setterfield is the bigger body type too.

Out of all 18 teams in the league, how many have managed to attract A grade mature midfielders this season?
Want Kedge to stick around, very useful bigger body insurance for the list. Respect his workload, good example for the young group.

Didn’t ahiel want us but we were not prepared to give up pick one. So if the case surely hold off on any hatred or similar to him.

We would apply to the AFL for dispensation as we need to use future second for setters, they would allow it to happen as itll make us more competitive next year. Not that it will because even Dodo is not stupid enough to screw this one up but I would find it hilarious :)

Guys, we are building a serious 44 man squad here.
The recruitment team we have aren’t idiots. The people we have there are jets.
McGovern is a great pick up and we paid a fair price.
Setterfield has all the ability in the world to be a genuine A-grader.
Rest assured people that are disappointed we ‘missed out’ on players like Tyson and Miles. We did not miss out on these players. We didn’t want these players.
They are good foot soldiers, but just like at the Giants, Melbourne and the Tigers, as soon as these teams started playing finals football these players are moved out.
We said we wanted players 24-27, and we do. But not just more foot soldiers.
So after missing out on Shiel, unless another operation it for an A grader comes up, our best course is to draft.
As has been said, we are not building a team to finish 5-9th, we are building a team that can have sustained success.
Unfortunately that takes time!
I disagree, we are building a pretty decent 22 man squad here, though not perfect, the fact that we are taking dents to our depth in order to achieve in grates on me a bit. We should be spitting up pick one into a later pick in the top four and a significant extra. Walsh (probably) or Lukosius aren't worth a hoarder's mentality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS would have been forced to accept our 2019 first rounder if Shiel nominated us. They could posture all they want; we had the currency and were prepared to pay good money, but Shiel chose the Bombers.

After all the hubris, they would have been laughing next year during trade time when they had a pick between 1 - 6.

If * are only offering their first pick to GWS, then it seems the deal may fall over. WOuld that be a correct assumption? Would be interesting to see what plays out of that occurs.

Out of Shiel, Scully and Lobb it's pretty clear Shiel has the most market value. If I was the Giants I'd be doing the Lobb and Scully deals first, alleviating some salary cap pressure so Dodo can't use that angle as a ransom. My guess is it will be * first this year and next with a second and a fourth going back to *.

You think late second rounders are ‘currency’?

I don’t get it. Tell me the trade you’d have done instead. With those great pieces of currency.

Currency means you wanted to trade t, not use it. So let’s hear the trade....
No comment on the McGov trade but they were not late second rounders at all.

What does our current draft picks mean in terms of points for BSOS?

Say if Dodoro was cheeky and bid at 34?

Might we be forced to take our third player from a round 6 pick?

He won't bid at 34, chill.
Pick 60 they might but picks are worth so little by then bidding on him by another club will not stop us matching with our next pick no matter how late it is. You can even go in next year's point if needs be as Arrow mentioned yesterday so there really is no challenge for us to pick Ben when we want.

Again, will crippa be happy with our drafting?

Will blow a foofa valve if we don't get him the support cast he deserves and needs.

Cripps will have Kennedy, Dow, Setterfield, Walsh, Fisher, SPS, O'Brien, E.Curnow, Murphy and backups in Graham and Kerridge all for the middle, not including any DFA's we add.

The most important thing is for Russell to get our midfielders in shape to run out 4 quarters, and for the medical team to ensure whatever happened last season doesn't happen again. That alone will take us up to 6 wins next season.

I am completely mystified as to why posters keep asking about this bloke.

Last player we would want at our club imo.
Precisely what we need footy wise; that's clear
Never met him, so can't comment on his attitude; a previous post from OR suggested club was satisfied that was not an issue.

why is that mystifying?
Is there something that I'm not taking into consideration, that I should be ?

Will blow a foofa valve if we don't get him the support cast he deserves and needs.

Very happy and it's not finished by a long way.

McGovern allows Charlie to have some midfield time. Kennedy will be fit. Setterfield is a bull. A fit Willo looking to go into the middle. Then there is Walsh. All good

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-09-03/cripps-backs-move-to-target-experience

But while Cripps would be in favour of adding to the club's young midfield group, securing any A-Grade talent, regardless of position, would get his seal of approval.

"I'd love to get another midfielder that's my age," Cripps told AFL.com.au at Wednesday night's All Australian awards.

"If any top-end talent wants to come to the club, you get them in. Let's just hope they want to come to the club. With quality players, you never say no to them."

[
He won't bid at 34, chill.
Pick 60 they might but picks are worth so little by then bidding on him by another club will not stop us matching with our next pick no matter how late it is. You can even go in next year's point if needs be as Arrow mentioned yesterday so there really is no challenge for us to pick Ben when we want.

Didn't think he would, I didn't know about accessing next year points, was interested given that picks in the 70s and beyond worth zero.

There will be a Fletcher in the mix as well late in the draft....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back