Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to the AR spiel on our website. He appears to be a great communicator and really enthusiastic about making each of our players the best athlete they can be. I think our boys are going to really enjoy working with him. Could be one of the main reasons why Will nominated us too. Cant wait for the 2019 season to kick off.

I only seen that video recently. Man, I LOVE his enthusiasm, confidence and drive for his role in a football club. Whomever poached him give them a ****ing pay rise or at least a free trip to Noosa when weather gets better....

Adelaide will want lukosis at any cost. Tex is almost done Jenkins is a good second. Fogarty will be good but not great. They need lukosis.
If either port or adelaide get pick 2 we will trade our pick 1 simple as that. We will be paid handsomely

They’ll have done well over the last couple of drafts if they’re lining up with Fogarty, Luko & Rankine up forward. Homegrown boys would put them at ease..

Feeling very comfortable with state of the rebuild right now - 80% done and from there natural draft and development can become the focus. Need to find 2 midfielders, one goalsneak and a very smart gorilla defender.

Feeling very comfortable with state of the rebuild right now - 80% done and from there natural draft and development can become the focus. Need to find 2 midfielders, one goalsneak and a very smart gorilla defender.
loving your work, mongrel-man.......:thumbsu:

I wonder why SOS has moved on with things so quickly this year?
May have got spooked for missing on Shiel, or maybe just clearing the air for what may yet come.

I reckon we'll be hearing a lot about our #1 draft pick in the next few days and not from the CFC, but from the media who have already had a sniff and have had the weekend to think of all sorts of permutations.
Gut feel is that we'll do a deal with GC and let the pick #1 negotiations become their 'problem' as Silvagni just doesn't seem to be in a patient mood this year.

Our pick #1 for GC's pick #3, pick #19 and maybe a future second? We do it?
.........or swap the firsts as above and GC throw in Brodie?

If there was a deal to go down for the #1, I'd sooner it was with GC than waiting for the S.A. clubs to try and pull rabbits out of their hat.
I think SOS will do something.

If we are about improving the list, then 3 picks in the top 20 to replace Graham, Kerridge and Lamb is the way to go IMO (get Smith, Rozee and Caldwell if we can). All for a Finlayson or a Sam Collins to take Rowe’s spot. Hope there is a small defender somewhere in the mix (and Lamb to the Rookie List).

once in a generation I think immediately of cricket and gilchrist - game-changer, freak, perfectly formed sporting machine with eye-hand co-ordination like few before or since - extremely rare and someone you can't take your eyes off
Viv, Warney, DK and Wasim Akram. Sometimes there is more than once in a generation type. Although I guess some that saw Warney never saw Viv or DK and some seeing Kohli now never saw any of those four.
Whatever the buzz words like once in a generation, there is a bunch of guns at top end of this draft pool like not seen for sometime. Good judges that watch each years kids say so. Give me another pick in top 4 if at all possible. Greed is good....

I think SOS is not finished yet and is up to someting from left field. I would not be at all surprised if he trades P #1 and tries to take Smith and one of the King boys. ( I believe Smith trained with us during the year, and he has a liking for one of the kings, Ben I think, able to play back or forward.) Just a hunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once in a generation player - I keep hearing people say that but I don't believe it. I can't think of very many - Buddy, Abblett, and SOS. That's it. Maybe Diesel at a stretch.
All these midfielders are similar - Cotchin, Selwood, Kelly, etc.
I doubt Walsh will be better than these mids as the chances are slim. If he was that good then fantastic but to say once in a generation? Dunno about that.
I would always go for a couple of top 10 picks instead of#1 so long as I didn't have a specific need at 1.
Will come down to whether a quality senior mid comes in with a top 5 pick, or whether we back our existing young mids and bring in 1/2 rippers from the draft

I haven't seen anything about Walsh being a generational player except in this thread. I have about Lukosius and Rankine.

I think we are playing Chinese Whispers on this board re Walsh. He'll never be able to live up to this aura we are creating.

Just a well balanced mid with an appetite for the contest.

Written by fanboy Slob.

Hird is a GOD - that's all you need to know.....

Yes, God makes a cameo appearance.

I’d imagine their facilities (bar location for some) would be tempting to an prospective trade and HTF they’ve “re-grouped” financially after the drugging scandal is phenomenal considering we’re still mired in debt from the start of 00’s.

Unpopular opinion but I am relieved we didn't get him. Here's why

1. I think he is mostly overrated. Good player and would help but not a game changer

2. The Future First Pick can now very possibly be used for player(s) that will help us a lot more

3. We got Setterfield who IMO will be a much better player and is only 20

4. Allows others to play midfield and take responsibility. Dow SPS Setterfield O'Brien Fisher all get more time and can easily be as good if not better

5. True improvement will come from the young group and players that at the moment we aren't convinced about. i.e Cuningham Polson Garlett Pickett etc. If any or a couple of them step up we will be so much better

6. We have money for another player or players

7. Made Essendon put all there eggs in one basket. Needs to work for them or they are stuck

8. Allows us to develop depth a bit easier

Go Blues :)

I’m hoping in a couple of years we will be able to put him in the Rockliff, Carlisle and Trav Cloke basket of bullets dodged. So far, the target that we missed that hurts the most is probably Devon Smith. Or Tom Mitchell, depending on how hard we actually chased him.

once in a generation I think immediately of cricket and gilchrist - game-changer, freak, perfectly formed sporting machine with eye-hand co-ordination like few before or since - extremely rare and someone you can't take your eyes off

Had to put your beer down when he started up the cross bat shots at AO, the ball fair fizzed at ya’

Speaking of, time to update the SACA Member thingy.

I do it for the lanyard and the feeling of entitlement.

I think SOS is not finished yet and is up to someting from left field. I would not be at all surprised if he trades P #1 and tries to take Smith and one of the King boys. ( I believe Smith trained with us during the year, and he has a liking for one of the kings, Ben I think, able to play back or forward.) Just a hunch.

SOS is just a good poker player and gives NOTHING away. Even Jo and Jack would have no clue what is in his mind with this draft game. Nobody knows what he is up to. He maybe up to nothing or has a cunning plan but I suspect nobody else knows apart from maybe Brodie. SOS would not even tell his own family. I bet even his best friends get donuts from him they stop trying. So everyone speculates away but we will never know until or unless he reveals what he has in mind. I laughed when I heard him on radio say to Damo, when you find out what I am doing, let me know...lol

Unpopular opinion but I am relieved we didn't get him. Here's why

1. I think he is mostly overrated. Good player and would help but not a game changer

2. The Future First Pick can now very possibly be used for player(s) that will help us a lot more

3. We got Setterfield who IMO will be a much better player and is only 20

4. Allows others to play midfield and take responsibility. Dow SPS Setterfield O'Brien Fisher all get more time and can easily be as good if not better

5. True improvement will come from the young group and players that at the moment we aren't convinced about. i.e Cuningham Polson Garlett Pickett etc. If any or a couple of them step up we will be so much better

6. We have money for another player or players

7. Made Essendon put all there eggs in one basket. Needs to work for them or they are stuck

8. Allows us to develop depth a bit easier

Go Blues :)

I feel both Essendon & Carlton knew they wouldn't be getting both Setterfield & Shiel.
Carlton had the best chance as they were holding the pick #1, but that wasn't going anywhere for a bag of mixed lollies....albeit good lollies.

I'm not glad we missed on Shiel, because we put a lot of time into him and he certainly would have made our midfield better, in a time when midfields will be even more important with the new rule changes, but I'm not particularly disappointed either, having attracted Setterfield.

when I said "can't take your eyes off" it was because he was so uniquely blessed as a performer - not because he might dong a dorothy dixer into your beer - seriously numbers........

Had to put your beer down when he started up the cross bat shots at AO, the ball fair fizzed at ya’

Speaking of, time to update the SACA Member thingy.

I do it for the lanyard and the feeling of entitlement.

Lucky enough to witness the session at the WACA when he turned it on for the 100 off 50 odd balls.
Now to try and recount cricket history at Optus Stadium...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back