Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newman played a lot of half back at the swans. kicking was pretty good, depending on tank could play as an outside mid and swap with half back.
My reading during season is he also feels a bit out of sorts with roles Swans want him to be used for. He is no superstar but I do not mind his kicking. If we lost Byrne back to Ireland , Newman would be ideal direct replacement.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide would take Luko if they had pick 1.

You can’t possibly know that. They could very easily take Walsh, they have stacks of Victorians on their lists and wouldn’t be afraid of adding another especially when Walsh has emphasised how loyal he will be to whoever drafts him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies going after Patton. Should add leverage for GWS with the Shiel deal as they can’t hold off until the last minute to get him cheaply due to salary cap pressure. If we can take Finlayson for a late 2019 pick it could help too.
Giants really are having a fire sale. Their salary cap must be cactus.

On this and Shiel, people probably underestimate the importance of this in terms of having friends at a club.

I see people talk about reasons a player would go to a certain club like for money or success, but I reckon having mates is a big factor... I'm sure any of us would like a workplace you enjoy because of the people there.

Manager said devon Smith played a part in the decision.

At Carlton Shiel doesn't really have many players his age...at essendon he does.
Why are we still talking about him?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Uhmmm. Ok stop saying completely dumb stuff people.

Just stop.

There is no way known in hell do GC trade pick 2 for our 1st next year without THEM getting something extra. 2
This year is already as good as 1 next year. Let alone the year delay. Let alone the risk the pick could be worse.

For gods sake. We would
Have to chuck something in.

The thinking is less about trading Pick 1 and more about using our future 1st to get Pick 2, and in turn seeing what opportunities arise to trade down. It would take something outrageous for us to part with Pick 1.

Walsh is a superstar, and every club would take him at #1. There is no trading down from 1 and still getting him.

I like this very very very much.

Uhmmm. Ok stop saying completely dumb stuff people.

Just stop.

There is no way known in hell do GC trade pick 2 for our 1st next year without THEM getting something extra. 2
This year is already as good as 1 next year. Let alone the year delay. Let alone the risk the pick could be worse.

For gods sake. We would
Have to chuck something in.

I have it on good authority that next years draft is the next super draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back