Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed almost gleeful that the Blues only had 2 wins for the year, then mentioned that our rebuild was taking a long time... it’s been 3 years, the list is taking shape. FFS, the AFL media for the most part is so short sighted.

Twomey might be having fun trolling but he needs to realise that he's attempting to be a journalist, and he basically comes across as an Essendon fanboy with a series of vendettas. His choice I suppose. Maybe Robbo's his role model. Robbo has the position they all covet but he's a running joke of man, a blundering, naive, illiterate fool. Twomey should be aiming a little higher.

Very close have a look at the players who aren’t there:
Cunners
Levi
TDK
Gartlett
Pickett
Kerr
Lang
Mcreadie
Poison
Jsos
Willo.

Do we finally have some depth?
Apart from Willo, all others really need to step up next year to say we have depth. At the moment, any of the above minus Willo could be delisted next year.

Pick 2 and 3 ARE quality though - they will already be getting two high picks next year with May likely leaving, not to mention they'll no doubt get a PP if they finished last.

The whole premise is that we would be more likely to deal with later picks from Crows as though pick 2 NEEDS to be traded. It doesn't.

If GCS were stupid enough to give it to us, forget SA teams, watch us draft Lukosius with it...

I agree. Gold Coast should keep Steven May for 2019 and let him leave via free agency next year.

They are likely to finish last in 2019 and with May compensation they will get pick 2.

So they have picks 2 & 3 this year (take King twins).
They likely to have picks 1 & 2 next year (take Matthew Rowell and next best or trade pick 2 for an experienced player).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we bring in talent and trade them out before they hit peak form? I don't think so
Yep we don't want to follow the GCS/GWS model of being a revolving door for young talent. Back in the talent we have, use picks/FA for experienced players from this point on

Old skool, Mortal Kombat as Subzero.

220px-MystCover.png

I agree. Gold Coast should keep Steven May for 2019 and let him leave via free agency next year.

They are likely to finish last in 2019 and with May compensation they will get pick 2.

So they have picks 2 & 3 this year (take King twins).
They likely to have picks 1 & 2 next year (take Matthew Rowell and next best or trade pick 2 for an experienced player).
great gc bringing in all these high draft picks - for us.........

Very close have a look at the players who aren’t there:
Cunners
Levi
TDK
Gartlett
Pickett
Kerr
Lang
Mcreadie
Poison
Jsos
Willo.

Do we finally have some depth?

Confidence level ratings:

Cunners - 4
Levi - 2
TDK - 7
Gartlett - 2
Pickett - 5
Kerr - 3
Lang - 2
Macreadie - 7
Poison - 4
Jsos - 4
Willo - 8

It always looks like depth until it's proven not to be.
Long way to go for several of those guys and some may not even be n the list next year.

5154 days since *Essendon won a final. :D

I'm staying out of this one. Last team I picked a fight with this way was the Pies as until this year we'd won a final more recently than them and nek minnit grand final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back