Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port trade everything to get Rankine...who then requests a trade to Adelaide in 2 years.

This is the Black Mirror episode I want.

Cites "wanting to play with my mentor, Eddie Betts" as the reason.

When asked how he missed the memo that Eddie retired from football 12 months prior, replies "Ah, well, I couldn't be #^%$ed checking the list. Is that Texan fella still in charge, he'll do instead."

Only in the short term...and thats the real important bit mate. Despite what either would bring it keeps the rebuild on its set course.
There will be plenty of time to discuss the ins and outs of things...takes a lot to flatten me - but thsi pick1 totem was there to be used - we've got plenty of skinny runts to develop...

While there still may be tempting offers for pick #1 up until the trade period, I would really hope we only let it go if it secures us an experienced player and pick rather than multiple pick downgrade.

If we're open to trading it, should really occur today...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that there are basically no more worthy players to chase, I reckon we can sum up our trade period.

We went into it with the specific aim of bolstering our midfield with good mature aged players:

we had a No.1 pick, 2x second rounders, 2x state league players and some later picks to bargain with.

We end up using our 2x second rounders, our 2x state league players and even a future second rounder to secure a 4th line Adelaide forward, a kid who has played just 2 games because he’s been injured most of the time and a free agent no one else wanted.

Not only did we use all of our available currency beside pick 1 on 2 players that werent our most reunited positions, but we didn’t bring in a single mature midfielder while at the same time watching all these other teams bring in good mature players cheaply.

What about

1 + 24 -> port
future 1st +5 + 15 -> GCS
2 + 10 + 29 + Martin -> blues

Port gives up 5 + 10 + 15 for 1 + 24
GCS give up 2 + 24 + 29 + martin -> 5 + 15 + blues future 1st
blues give up 1 + future 1st for 2 + 10 + 29 + Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back