Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and there's a problem with the lack of transparency about how the AFL weights the factors when determining compensation. I'm a bit less anxious with the player being a restricted free agent rather than an unrestricted free agent. Being a restricted free agent means that we have 3 days after being notified of Kreuzer's offer to hold 'discussions' with the AFL about what compensation we could expect. If we are told to expect band 1 compensation then we should let the player go and if we are told to expect band 2 compensation then we should match the offer as it probably wouldn't be too extreme seeing as it didn't trigger band 1.
Thanks for the explanation Teagueeee15 , I was wondering what happened after the AFL determines if it will be round 1 or round2 compensation. :thumbsu:

@ Dramoth the journo who penned the Kreuzer article was Jay Clark.

Bell is definately gone too given the way Johnno Brown was talking on the broadcast. I wouldnt be shocked to see him in a trade for Aish.
Heard this recently. Apparently Bell was a done deal to Brisbane early in the year.

Also, if GWS can win tomorrow... Pick 8 from Geelong for Henderson would be incredible!

Heard this recently. Apparently Bell was a done deal to Brisbane early in the year.

Also, if GWS can win tomorrow... Pick 8 from Geelong for Henderson would be incredible!
What another Eddie 'stitched up months before the end of the season' type of deals. Surely this contravenes some rules.

It is based on salary, checked that one off.
Age .... well he will be 4 months older than Frawley was when they granted that one so ... they'd have a hard time suggesting a real difference there.

It is only this anamolous result clause that could change it whereby they might argue Kreuzer hadn't shown himself to be elite at any stage and couldn't expect to generate some compensation for the team losing him. Frawley was AA once so they have something to point to.

Ah yes, but was Frawley a Rising Star nominee and did he have a cup named after him?

The Herald Superfooty website is running with the story that we will farewell Kreuzer and definitely get band 1 compo for him.

The people at Commission level who hated us are long gone .. We are definitely getting picks 1 and 2 from the sounds of it.

I agree that we may look at this as our Franklin and Roughead moment, not just in the players but also our whole change in processes and attitudes like the Hawks did (just over 10 years late :p)

Getting 2 talented KPP's will give us a massive boost to our rebuild, and Weitering apparently has great leadership as well.

You could also reference it as a Luke Hodge moment, where Hawthorn let go rated players in Croad and McPharlin and got Hodge and Mitchell with draft picks.

It is based on salary, checked that one off.
Age .... well he will be 4 months older than Frawley was when they granted that one so ... they'd have a hard time suggesting a real difference there.

It is only this anamolous result clause that could change it whereby they might argue Kreuzer hadn't shown himself to be elite at any stage and couldn't expect to generate some compensation for the team losing him. Frawley was AA once so they have something to point to.

Hmm depends how rigid they are in terms of referring to facts.

Yes Frawley was AA once, but people in the footy world know how good Kreuzer is at his best and know that only injuries have prevented him from reaching those heights regularly...obviously the Dogs know or they wouldn't be offering so much.

Kreuzer isn't worth pick 2 in the draft, the compo rule is a joke. It's interesting that the AFL has the power to recommend alternative outcomes. Kreuzer has never been an AA, finished a couple of times in the top 10 B&F (5th - 2009 & 10th 2012). Was a number 1 draft pick...not sure if that means anything I'd say not.

You would think we would get 2nd round compensation, if that was the case we are better off keeping him.

Kreuzer isn't worth pick 2 in the draft, the compo rule is a joke. It's interesting that the AFL has the power to recommend alternative outcomes. Kreuzer has never been an AA, finished a couple of times in the top 10 B&F (5th - 2009 & 10th 2012). Was a number 1 draft pick...not sure if that means anything I'd say not.

You would think we would get 2nd round compensation, if that was the case we are better off keeping him.

I agree, but let's not let the AFL hear you talk like that. The media is already running with pick 1 & 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kreuzer is worth far more than a 2nd rounder however, so it probably doesn't matter whether it is right or fair or not. Teams are headhunting our players because we are down and out. The system allows bottom teams to get better compo depending on ladder position. Melbourne took advantage. I have no issue with doing the same with not one shred of guilt.

Kreuzer is worth far more than a 2nd rounder however, so it probably doesn't matter whether it is right or fair or not. Teams are headhunting our players because we are down and out. The system allows bottom teams to get better compo depending on ladder position. Melbourne took advantage. I have no issue with doing the same with not one shred of guilt.

Me neither. I'm all for the Lions getting pick 4 compo for Leuenberger if that makes people feel better.

Go nuts

I just meant that I couldn't see us getting 1st round compensation if he decided to leave. I agree that Kreuzer is worth much more to us then a 2nd rounder if we "traded" him. If we were awarded pick 2 then fair enough to letting him go, however I doubt we will get that so I'm happy to keep him.

Styxx, my understanding is that Kreuzer was set to sign. The deal was made and agreed to. However, a big offer came in, both in terms of dollars and duration and Kreuzer has not signed what we had essentially agreed to. Matty is making the decision and the club are allowing him to do that. At this stage, about the only thing Carlton are not doing is matching, and Matty can still stay if we don't match. Whether today's events will have the club urging him to take the other deal, I do not know.

Ah ok, I wasn't aware of a new deal specifically offered during this week. I was aware of the huge deal from GWS he had turned down years prior so didn't think that was right. Regardless losing him to me regardless of compo does us more harm than any possible good.

No one remembers or cares who finishes last, couldn't care less about it TBH it's just an obscure record for the history books. However, people do remember who wins the flag. We've won 16, this is where we build the side to win 17 and stand alone, on top of the rest.

We'd be mad to not give ourselves a chance of having the future AA CHF and CHB at the expense of a 26 year old ruck who's had a history of foot injuries.

Opportunity if fleeting. Our opportunity right now is enormous but without aggression will pas us bye. We aren't a complete basket case. We have a base. We have a potential multiple Brownlow medalist in the middle and a few others to build upon. We have father sons coming through. We have early draft picks coming our way. We have trade ammo. We have the potential to build a young group to grow with our new coach.

Lets take picks 1, 2, Geelong's first, 19, (maybe others from trades) and who ever we want in the PSD as well as Silvagni and Rice and grow our own. This could be one of the best drafts a footy side has ever had. We've just got to have a go!

You have the choice with Kruezer. I wouldnt give him up unless you are guaranteed to get pick 2.

You can count on Carlton matching any offer that does not result in a band one compensation pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back