Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get the Menzel deal...

Why wouldn't Carlton just trade pick 21 to GWS for the 4 youngsters instead of 28? Keeping Menzel?

Kerridge we can get some other way... Surely!?

I honestly cannot stop scratching my head on this.

Maybe pick 21 is tabled for Tomlinson.

Not sure if this has been posted already but..

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...575395048?sv=d2a061c4399573de4f625d295d0b0630

ADELAIDE’S next — and possibly last — move in the AFL trade period hinges on midfielder Sam Kerridge. The 22-year-old Victorian must choose between contracts from the Crows and Carlton with the Blues offering a longer term — three years

He would probably deliver an early third-round pick from the Blues

His manager Adam Ramanauskas today confirmed Adelaide had asked about the 21-year-old Central District draftee but he expected Menzel to stay with the Blues

Don't know much about Kerridge..but just checked his stats and they're pretty crap, don't know what the club sees in him.

Hope Menz stays..but if we can get something good in return it could be worth it.

Long time lurker, first time poster so I thought I'd make it a good one.
SOS met with Tomlinson over the weekend, open to coming it's just that some at GWS are unwilling to let him go, however that doesn't include the coach who is ok with him going. Open to the move as I hear he supported Carlton as a kid.....

nice first post... any other news?

I just don't get the Menzel deal...

Why wouldn't Carlton just trade pick 21 to GWS for the 4 youngsters instead of 28? Keeping Menzel?

Kerridge we can get some other way... Surely!?

I honestly cannot stop scratching my head on this.
Yes, that is exactly my thought. If we are able to get them for pick 28, why not give them pick 21 and have them give us a later pick too? Why throw away Menzel?

Would be tipping that if it's true, it's only partly. Could be something like this maybe?

Adelaide get: Menzel and 19. Lose: Kerridge 13 & 28.

GWS get: 13 & 28 Lose: Tomlinson + GWS4

Carlton get: GWS5 & Kerridge Lose: Menzel & Pick 19 (from Yarran).

Seem reasonable? We get to keep 20 & 21 for a possible upgrade.

I'd take it.

Can't help but believe that pick 8 is available here.

Carlton get Kerridge + pick 8 + GWS 4 players
Adelaide get Menzell
GWS get picks 20, 21 and 28

That seems ok to me.
Tend to agree. All that's left after that would be to snare Tomlinson. If the tigers give us pick 12 then I'd swap next years 1st rounder we got from the cats for him, else if they give us pick 19 then I'd swap that one instead. Best case we'd have picks 1, 8 and 12 this year. That's a good platform to start from. Then we hope SOS finds us the next Nat Fyfe as opposed to the next Kane Lucas.

I had faith in MM what a moron I turned out to be.

I have faith in SOS and will knock anyone out who calls me a moron for doing so!

SOS has never done anything else except be a pillar for this club .... everyone questioning his ability and nous should be ashamed.

Patience people patience .... the club, finally, is in good hands!
What the decade I spent waiting for the rebuild was not enough? My kids have stopped supporting Carlton and converted to soccer. I am no longer prepared to buy them a new jumper to put their favourite players' number on their back. I can't say I blame them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menzel will stay I know for sure. I just hope Aish ends up in the pd!
Seems to be a lot of mail suggesting otherwise, what can you give us Toddy86. I really hope he doesn't end up at Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back