List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

If we think about culling a workhorse in Lachie Fogarty over ā€œdurabilityā€ concerns that stem from two collision injuries such as a fractured wrist and a collarbone ā€¦ we have rocks in our head.

Heā€™s firmly planted in our 22 and was just unlucky with both injuries being in the wrong place at the wrong time IMO.

ā€œBeing in the wrong place at the wrong timeā€ is a funny way of saying ā€œbeing hard at the ball all the time regardless of personal injuryā€

He doesnā€™t give an inch and unfortunately thatā€™s led to some serious injuries but Iā€™m sure Voss and the team love him and the way he goes about it - the pressure he applies has led to many many goals for us - I really doubt we would consider not extending him next time heā€™s up for renewal as he seems to be over his back issues and whatever else he had

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Houston and Trac both way too expensive in both draft capital and salary. Pass.

Experienced KPD and off to the draft for the rest of the recruiting.

Martin, Marchy, Cunners, S.Durdin, Carroll(WC) thanks for your service.

And pay Owies what he wants.

Iā€™m actually a fan of the more mobile and less predictable forward line we saw on the weekend. Bombing it in kills me.

Clearly we have 2 big stars but I really like Kemp forward and Moir did some nice things for his limited time.

I think we play Charlie and Harry half forward roaming around the 40-70 metres out zone and play Kemp as the full forward. Kemp love to run and jump and if our 2 big boys were creating havoc away from full forward, it really opens up our forward line.

If Charlie loves to wrestle, sure do it not near where the ball can be killed over the boundary or as a behind.

Kemp as a full forward with the 2 best opposition defenders on Harry and Charlie gives us a very different forward line and more lethal imo.
I don't disagree but I'd like a more fluid setup with plenty of movement to disrupt opposition defences, rather than a more traditional setup.
I'd hope Charlie has been wrestling due to the impact of injuries, otherwise it's just dumb footy, when fit, get him up the ground, working back toward goal & he's near impossible to stop.

Houston and Trac both way too expensive in both draft capital and salary. Pass.

Experienced KPD and off to the draft for the rest of the recruiting.

Martin, Marchy, Cunners, S.Durdin, Carroll(WC) thanks for your service.

And pay Owies what he wants.
Agree on Owies - the man has earned his 3 year contract. Won't cost an arm, nor a leg.

I'd float Carroll for Ryan swap if Liam is interested in a move. Think the other four have to go.

Get some good mature league players ready to step up and bring in Nick Haynes as a second/third tall to add to our stocks.

Train and play Brodie forward from now on, regardless of Charlie/Harry.

Agree on Owies - the man has earned his 3 year contract. Won't cost an arm, nor a leg.

I'd float Carroll for Ryan swap if Liam is interested in a move. Think the other four have to go.

Get some good mature league players ready to step up and bring in Nick Haynes as a second/third tall to add to our stocks.

Liam Ryan is no good. A highlight reel who earns plaudits despite his inconsistencies

I'd prefer an Ainsworth to Ryan, he's cooked.

Trade Mckay are people here ******ed see how well he covers the ground and kicking his marking also elite. Mckay and Curnow are rare they could play up to 34 - 35.

The club can win it in 2025 and 2026 even this year if making 8. They get a week off all they need to do is believe and play at best. Curnow and Mckay will be back possibly one this week and likely Saad hopefully De Koning during finals if we made it.

Boyd and Cerra might miss out if team has been doing the job and not match fit as bringing 4 players injured back might be a bit much. 2027 and 2028 we might dip but with a new faces in midfield and smart moves like Geelong done as well as GWS we can be back as long as the young ones develop and we got key defenders Weitering will be there until 34 at least.

Calm the **** down dude. I never said trade him. I responded to a hypothetical post with an opinion. :rolleyes:

The other consideration for those in the "trade Harry" camp, is that he is part of the core group of players at our club who have come together and agreed to take unders on their contracts in the interests of driving for a flag. What message does it send to his mates who have also taken a financial hit in the interests of giving the club greater flexibility and buying power for other players, when one of them gets trundled out the door.

We have a cohort of leaders who have sacrificed personal gain for the club. Those are the guys that set the example. Those are the guys who drive the culture. Those are the guys you keep.

See the problem I have is that same core group of players are perennially missing out on the finals every season bar the last one. Quite possibly this one too.

Maybe that 'core group of players' just aren't the right mix? Something to think about. :think:

Going to need to be serious list discussions around our list and injuries at years end

We know Cuningham Martin & Marchbank are done.

How many of names like Fogarty Cerra McGovern Saad Williams Docherty Mirkov Fantasia M.Carroll S.Durdin C.Durdin can we keep carrying? All have missed a lot of football in their careers

Not all are soft tissue and many unlucky but there are players that just seem have bodies that can't handle the physicality. We also have older players that are sustaining multipe soft tissue injuries. They rarely get better

You can have a few but at some stage you need to make decisions and having 8 plus players a week unavailable virtually eliminates your flag chances

It would be an interesting discussion and Id also be interested to see it in poll form here from the supporters on who should be culled.

I see a handful of names in that list that when fit, get turned out week after week, season after season, yet don't really get us over the line in terms of making finals, yet the same names get added to everyone's predicted 2025 teams. I'm just wondering at what point do you go a different direction and replace a couple of them in your best 22?

It would certainly be an interesting and I guess, heated discussion. :think:

Id rather we set sights on Malcolm Rosas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we have problem areas like small forwards and mids. Dont we think a key back to pair with Weiters should be the priority here?

Last edited:
Id rather we set sights on Malcolm Rosas.
There are kids in this draft who will bring more to the team as small/medium forwards than Rosas or Ryan as well as a couple of players we already have who will equally offer more.

I am all for drafting a kid with skills and ā€œwheelsā€ to upgrade our list and options.

If we are adding Kempy to Charlie and Harry, with Crippa, Chugga and TDK drifting forward, pace and pressure are the key criteria, think the aerial stuff will take care of itself.

Exclusive šŸšØ
Trac has had several meetings with Carlton. Wants out of Dees, and the meetings have gone very well so far with Carlton.

Will sacrifice a bit to join you guys as well
Sure Jan GIF

Iā€™d personally do Harry for Trac, probably in the minority, but think a duo of Trac and Cripps in the middle and rotating forward with a much more dynamic forward line around Charlie could work.

That being said, donā€™t think Demons would do it anyway.

Also, whereā€™s Arr0w?

Iā€™d personally do Harry for Trac, probably in the minority, but think a duo of Trac and Cripps in the middle and rotating forward with a much more dynamic forward line around Charlie could work.

That being said, donā€™t think Demons would do it anyway.

Also, whereā€™s Arr0w?
If we got Trac one/two of the other mids have to go. Hewett/Kennedy/Cerra just wouldn't get enough time on ball to be worth keeping on if Trac was there too imo.

Id be looking into what we could get for them before I touched Harry

TDKs athleticism is why youā€™d want to play him against the Darcyā€™s and Nankervisā€™s. Those blokes couldnā€™t get off the ground if they tried.

Iā€™m hoping the AFL see sense and allow 5 on the bench (and remove the sub) and the TDK/Pitto argument becomes null and void. I personally think itā€™s null and void now but an extra rotation just makes it concrete.

Pitto plays the first 5-10mins of every quarter and smashes the opposition then TDK takes over

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I love this idea.

Exclusive šŸšØ
Trac has had several meetings with Carlton. Wants out of Dees, and the meetings have gone very well so far with Carlton.

Will sacrifice a bit to join you guys as well

I also hear that the AFL have done a backflip and weā€™ll be retrospectively awarded a start of first round priority pick for being shafted in 2006.

Have to remember we have Ben coming in whoā€™s a mid as well.

Would suspect Ben won't get genuine mid selection until his second or third season. Would think Hollands and Lord would earn minutes before him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back