Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If you cast your minds back, we were linked to Ethan Phillips a year or two ago when he was in the VFL playing for Port Melbourne.

Pretty clearly the best key defender in the vfl for several years. Gun interceptor. Great 1 on 1. Decent kick. Main knock on him was his speed and mobility.

Would take him as depth over Durdin in a heartbeat. At least he's available.

Don't think it's a knock on him that Hawks haven't offered a contract. They are bringing in 2 KPD. Someone needs to go.

Pretty clearly the best key defender in the vfl for several years. Gun interceptor. Great 1 on 1. Decent kick. Main knock on him was his speed and mobility.

Would take him as depth over Durdin in a heartbeat. At least he's available.
But would he be an upgrade on Lewis Young? Bit of a risk - grass greener etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll miss on Houston and I'm OK with that. Let's try and secure another late teens, early twenties pick and bring in two new talented youngsters who may be able to play next season.

We may acquire Ethan Phillips, which will at least provide some KPD depth. Clearly wasn't better in the Hawk's eyes than the guys they ran with in their defence this season and will probably not get a gig now with who they will bring in. If he does come across, hopefully he can have an impact. Need to jettison Sam Durds. Lewis has him well and truely covered for durability and his late season form was encouraging.

Besides the addition of the Campos that is probably about it and we'll have to work hard on extracting improvement from the group of guys we already have on our list. It's doable and we can still contend.

50/50. More upside I believe. Though I would keep Young on the list regardless. Been disappointing of late but provides depth in multiple positions.
I think Young is good but lacks confidence. When he 'was it' when Weiters was out, he went pretty well.
I want him to succeed and stay in the side but at the same time when he's 'got the yips' I cant bare to watch his disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back