Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel JSOS plays not too dissimilar to Owies - however, with more size, smarts and flexibility.

Owies is a lead up small forward who finds space sometimes and is an above average set shot.

I’d rather JSOS in that role.
If only JSOS was an above average set shot... :'(:'(:'(

I didn’t bring up Pendles, someone else did, stating Houston isn’t Pendles to which i responded that Houston will be 33 at the end of his deal, 3 years younger than Pendles is now.

33 isn’t an outlier for quality AFL players.

Do you have an issue with Harry and Charlies contracts?
Yep, long contracts hurt the club. Tying up all that money in a game where injuries are so prevalent is foolish IMO.
Everyone is “worth this” or “that” when they are the flavor of the month. Clubs need more power to trade to justify the the long term contracts

Prior to this season, I thought he would be a delist.
I also more recently thought that he would have solid trade value (pick in the 30-45 range), based on his goals, and that he’s just had his best season. Also the media reports that other clubs were interested.

Yes, I think he’s bottom 4-6, accounting for tall depth requirements and projections of draftees.

I get that narrative is a problem. But it’s hard when the player that you want to trade really wants to stay. Maybe Austin could have been more coy in his interviews, but surely the clubs know what the real story is?

The problem is we have a list squeeze, in a year that the entire competition has a list squeeze, due to a hugely rated draft.
I’m all for jettisoning Fantasia if we are in a “squeeze” absolute list clog IMO & given we did it to LOB we have clear precedent

Still needs to be within our strategy

I'd pay a late ish 1st and 2nd for say a Houston, but would walk away if it cost us more

Barrass wants to join the million dollar club, I think that would be negligent by us
Barrass can mark but can't kick, he is a classic bomb it down the line, high.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

This is quite silly to be out there, when we’re shopping MO around for a hopeful pick.

Richmond could be a good suitor for Owies & MK to smooth out the youth with AFL capable players (and the right picks available for us)

Interesting that a couple of 30+ goal scorers could be on the march for very little with Stringer & O-Dawg.
who is O-Dawg by the way?

Everyone needs to calm down. There are no trade targets or pulling rabbits out the hat.

It will be very quiet.

Houston very unlikely.

No room for owies even at the end of the trade period he won't be at Carlton next year.
Wtf re owies. I’m not massive fan but can’t believe we’d let him go at a reasonable salary. 30 goal a year forward who takes marks. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

I’m all for jettisoning Fantasia if we are in a “squeeze” absolute list clog IMO & given we did it to LOB we have clear precedent

Pretty sure we need Fantasia because he proved to be the best cover for Cottrells role - which meant he ran a lot between the arcs and his heat map showed half his time in the back half - so Fantasia is not on our list to be a small forward (though he could play there if others are injured) - he’s on our list because he can play that running role and sacrifice his game so others can get open - plus he’s cheap

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Another missed point in the Dan Houston talk is our up and coming half back options. Wilson, Cowan etc we all know... But anyone else still think about how good Elijah looked behind the ball the couple occasions he played there late in the season? I think he'd really thrive in that role if we had some alternative options up forward to take his place as that link in the chain.

Kicking is close to elite already and loves to bite off a corridor target, strong mark and his natural footy IQ allows him to read the play well.

I see him as a natural Nic Newman replacement if we can find some options up forward and his progression to the midfield doesn't eventuate.

Elijah could be a point of difference - one thing that the Houston discussion did spotlight is how good he is in helping his team score (he’s involved in over 20% of scoring chains for Port) because he sees the structure and the field differently and helps breaks lines, find angles also can kick deep - so we do need that as Newman and Saad (and Doch) haven’t been as effective at that and Cowan and Boyd haven’t shown enough either

Wilson could be but we also need to utilize his speed so may play him elsewhere to capitalize on that speed

Our scoring isn’t a weakness of ours but we could be much better in retaining the ball in our forward half and that will improve if we improve the decision making coming out of our half back line and when we rebound.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back