Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless we intend to hand over 12 + 14 to Port for Houston (and I can’t see that happening in a gazillion years l), I can’t see this move making any difference to the DH sitch. Pies are struggling to get the deal done because they don’t have enough to offer and Port, to this point, are playing hard ball.

Port have every right to play hard ball.

They would be doing so with us as well.

13 or 14 was never going to satisfy them... and we were never going to obtain another F2 to sweeten the offer. Even if we somehow did, they still won't take 14 + F2 for him.

I think we have played our hand well here. Let Pies scramble to satisfy Port, or they'll miss out. Don't care, we now don't have enough (that we're willing to part with) to satisfy Port so it effectively rules us out of any Houston talk and we take them to the draft.

Great outcome imo.

Reckon that Ashcroft and O'Sullivan are clear standouts this year and the next dozen or so are even.

So selections 12 & 14 are very valuable, would be great to snare Shanahan and Armstrong , an amazing haul.
Ashcroft yes. Not FOS. Doesn’t have the body of work behind him. I rate Jagga very highly. Elite agility and speed from inside to outside. Would be handy for us.

We will not be getting Shanahan or Armstrong lol.

Two of the following most likely:

Joe Berry
Tobie Travaglia
Murphy Reid
Alix Tauru
Ollie Hannaford

Reckon that Ashcroft and O'Sullivan are clear standouts this year and the next dozen or so are even.
So selections 12 & 14 are very valuable, would be great to snare Shanahan and Armstrong , an amazing haul.
Still like Hotton

I choose to believe this, thanks Ralphie

We could always trade pick 14 for 2 later first round picks, offer Port pick 12 and the later 1st for Houston and a 3rd rounder to help for points for Campo boys, still have a first rounder, albeit a bit later

We could always trade pick 14 for 2 later first round picks, offer Port pick 12 and the later 1st for Houston and a 3rd rounder to help for points for Campo boys, still have a first rounder, albeit a bit later

This is a deep draft... really hard to see a club offering two firsts for 14... that pick is a mid-late 1st rounder itself.

Trade week has finally started.
Will wait until the end to make judgement but either way if we are going draft, 12 and 14 is huge, especially if Campos get secured. Think we have an eye on Houston still and this is showing Leppa we won’t **** around in doing so if it arises

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could but given how adamant we have been on holding 12, I suspect those 2 late 1sts would sit outside the range we are looking for.

So just looking at the pick deals we did. If we ignore the late picks (60s and 70s in Lions deal) and assume our F2 and Lions F2 pretty much cancel each other out the overall deal would be:

F1 + 34 for #14. Probably slightly overs but considering this is supposed to be a better draft I don't mind it.

I reckon camporeale would sit out the year if SOS bidded on him and we couldnt match.

Why would they not play the sport they love and get paid for it? They aren’t sitting out if Carlton don’t draft them.

I was joking.
DAMN..... now you tell me
the naked gun facepalm GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back