Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

From someone very close to broadie. Broadie Kemp will likely play 3rd tall forward next year.

Not overly surprising this one. It's just a matter of what we have in mind for JSOS. I think he and Kemp might be vying for the same spot or JSOS is going down back. I'd play one ruck and use JSOS as relied though.

Not overly surprising this one. It's just a matter of what we have in mind for JSOS. I think he and Kemp might be vying for the same spot or JSOS is going down back. I'd play one ruck and use JSOS as relied though.

I think Harry will play relief ruck from now on. I haven't been a fan of that up until now, but now that he is fully mature and match hardened and settled into his own game, i think he is well rounded now to add ruck relief to his game.

Like Joe Daniher, it wasn't until he was fully matured mentally and physically that he was ready to add ruck without harming his main role as KPF.

I think Jack will be depth from now on....which prolly means he plays most games if he is one of the lucky uninjured ones lol.

Can confirm.

Bumped into Hawkins at a restaurant years ago.

Between his stature and his eyes, he's a very striking fellow.

Looks like he was bred in a lab or comes from another (humanoid) planet.

Imagine you and a friend didn't know who he was and you were both looking through a crowd of 1000 random people. You spot him and say to your friend 'I just saw the most incredible looking person'. Without prompting, your friend would instantly say 'I did too' and point straight to Hawkins. Mean that as a compliment.

Yeah but what if you were in that crowd of 1000 too Ferrisb? Who would they both be pointing out then??? 😍🤣

Hawkins wouldn’t stand a chance 😂

Given West Coast now have an issue with getting Baker done, would they consider 3 for 12 and 14? Points calculator puts that in West Coast favour from a points perspective. In fact from points perspective they're still in favour if they throw in 63 with it. They then have 14 to give to the tigers for Baker.

Blues get 3 and 63.
West coast get 12 and Baker
Tigers get 14

Normally I’d be all for trading up to get to the top end of the draft but this year the draft is deep and even so I think it makes sense to have multiple picks.

From what I've heard, the media is omitting parts of the pies offers. Noble + F1 + F2 for 13 and 23 (23 could become 24 or 32 depending on the Rioli trade). The 13 + 23* pick + Richards for Houston and future change.

This really is an all out strategy. Collingwood have a massive age gap in their list, and having already brought in 1 HBF on 900k trading that much capital for another is a real win now mentality. Yet how does that look when they need to refresh in a couple of years whilst competing with the compromised Tasmanian drafts?

Let’s not forget what 43 said the other day - Collingwood in fact do have the best offer on the table to both the Suns and Port. So I wouldn’t get our hopes too much on Houston.

I also don’t think we should be paying close to a million for a second KPD so not as keen on Barrass or SDK at that price. I think a B grade KPF would suffice.

Lots to play out but I do have faith in the list management team so if go with picks 12 and 14 or downgrade one of those or combine those I don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

" data-quote="I bleed Blue" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
From someone very close to broadie. Broadie Kemp will likely play rd tall forward next year.

This also makes sense given in the Nick Haynes interview upon joining the club he said he had a chat with Vossy who told him he would be playing as our second tall and then Haynes threw out four names he would be playing with and Kemp wasn’t one of them.

Love a bit of good drafting capital. Just look at the worst case scenario, and then think how good is our situation. Can go a number of ways and it wouldn't bother most people which way they choose .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="djw[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Hey Soapy......is Grainger-Barras the salary cap dump player that you were not allowed to mention or what?!!

Can’t be he is out of contract and likely going to be delisted

Pick 3 does seem appealing considering who the top 4 are projected to be on ESPN (excluding Ashcroft and Lombard):

1. Jagga Smith

Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro

MID, 181cm

National Champs: 4 games, 29.3 disposals, 6.8 clearances, 4.8 marks

Talent League: 12 games, 33.8 disposals, 7.9 clearances, 0.6 goals

Jagga did his pick 1 chances no harm with a solid combine weekend, posting a 3.038 second 20m sprint and 6:27 minute 2km time trial. He's the 'can't miss' prospect of the draft, a creative on-baller with the ability to rack up huge numbers through work rate and clean skills. He already looked at home against the bigger bodies, averaging 27 disposals and six clearances for Richmond VFL. Smith's professionalism and leadership stand out, making him a good cultural fit for rebuilding sides.

Best traits similar to: Zak Butters

2. Sid Draper (2)

South Adelaide/South Australia

MID, 182cm

2024 Champs: 4 games, 21.0 disposals, 3.8 clearances, 2.8 marks

SANFL: 6 games, 22.2 disposals, 4.7 clearances, 6.2 tackles

Draper didn't test at the combine with a minor back complaint, but met with a host of clubs on the weekend. His stoppage craft and ability to hurt the opposition in space makes Draper a safe prospect with a huge ceiling. Recruiters rave about his professionalism and he's as likely as any prospect to captain an AFL club. Draper's draft range is locked into the top 10 after impressive performances at SANFL level, proving the Panthers' best midfielder against tough opposition.

Best traits similar to: Chad Warner

4. Finn O'Sullivan (4)

Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Country

MID, 182cm

National Champs: 2 games, 11.5 disposals, 1.5 marks, 3.5 tackles

Talent League: 4 games, 17.2 disposals, 3.0 clearances, 1.2 goals

No midfielder at the top of the crop quite has the athletic profile of O'Sullivan, which was confirmed at the combine with elite results in agility and both vertical jumping tests. He's a brilliant aerialist for his size and glides across the ground with a bounding gait. Through injury and form slumps he's struggled to attain any consistency, but O'Sullivan remains a pick 1 chance and offers one of the highest upsides in the pool.

Best traits similar to: Heeney

6. Sam Lalor (6)

GWV Rebels/Vic Country

MID/FWD, 187cm

National Champs: 3 games, 11.0 disposals, 5.0 marks, 1.3 goals

Talent League: 4 games, 23.0 disposals, 6.2 clearances, 5.8 marks

Lalor is firmly in the mix for Richmond's pick 1. The powerful midfielder models his game on Dustin Martin and Jordan De Goey, and boasts similar burst and strength with his strong hips and fend off. A serious hamstring injury curtailed the end to his season and he didn't test at the combine. Lalor's brilliant contested marking and damaging disposal has kept him firmly in the first pick frame.

Best traits similar to: Christian Petracca

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back