Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for intruding.

Based on all the current situation/chats, aren't Carlton a bit low on picks/points to match bids on the Campo twins? Would Carlton entertain something like...

14 for 20, 44, 51. Gives an extra ~400 points for matching those bids, and keeps Carlton inside that super valuable top 25 picks or so.
No. General consensus here is that with various F/S and NGA bids, our later picks will move up, increasing their value, which should be enough. Worst case scenario is a slight points deficit which will see our first pick in next year's draft (a F2) move back a few spaces. If anything, we would move up (combining picks 12 and 14 for say WC 3). But that's probably not happening. But still more to play out

No. General consensus here is that with various F/S and NGA bids, our later picks will move up, increasing their value, which should be enough. Worst case scenario is a slight points deficit which will see our first pick in next year's draft (a F2) move back a few spaces. If anything, we would move up (combining picks 12 and 14 for say WC 3). But that's probably not happening. But still more to play out
Didn't you trade your F2 to Hawthorn?

Sometimes, a player and a club are just not a good fit. He was spruiked as the best KPD since Weits to come through the draft, and Hawthorn's KPD system is different to convention.

If he were to come, he would not be expensive. We also have a little time to play with at present, given our attitude to the draft and our list profile.
One thing people overlook - and noting it's still taller than S. May (for example) - is that he's only 194cm.

Same as JSOS, but tough if you're manning guys like big H at 204cm every week...

Unfortunately he is still contracted

Pick 14 alone is probably what he is worth, but make it slightly more appealing

We trade 14 to the Tigers for 20 + 24

20 + 24 for Houston + 39, value is pick 13

Plenty of different options, but they hold the whip hand and suspect it will take more

I wonder how their salary cap is looking.

Surely Houston would be one of their highest paid.... that always factors in too.

Maybe it will end up like Papley, I just reckon it'll get done!

14 + Owies?

14 + Kennedy?

Unfortunately he is still contracted

Pick 14 alone is probably what he is worth, but make it slightly more appealing

We trade 14 to the Tigers for 20 + 24

20 + 24 for Houston + 39, value is pick 13

Plenty of different options, but they hold the whip hand and suspect it will take more
Tigers wouldn't do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad what the last 30 years of Carlton has done to the mindset of many.
So conservative and frightened these days.
I’d be certain Austin isn’t looking over his shoulder at the mess the bozo’s running the club in the past created.
Any decent recruiter would love to back himself in to find a gem with pick 3.
I like Austin and I’d wager he’d do just that if he pulls the trigger to trade up …

If DGB does come across to us, I appreciate and respect the gamesmanship at play there.

You’d think it would have been simple to include him in the trade that just went through… (and that would have perhaps balanced the trade out a little more as, on face value, it seems we paid slight overs)… but it would potentially have weakened the hawks hand in conversations with WC… knowing they had just given away a young KPD.

Perhaps there is a handshake to settle this trade for peanuts later… or manage it as a DFA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 2024 is a deep draft, Ashcroft and O’Sullivan are the two standouts and after that throw a blank over next 12 to 15, equal level / potential.
Following 15 are ok too but fewer midfielders depending on list needs. No need to trade up.
One would rather have say Barrat a tall defender and a midfielder Read, 2 quality youngster addressing our needs.
Jagga Smith is not a part of “throw a blanket over….” He is under his own blanket at pick 1.

Can confirm.

Bumped into Hawkins at a restaurant years ago.

Between his stature and his eyes, he's a very striking fellow.

Looks like he was bred in a lab or comes from another (humanoid) planet.

Imagine you and a friend didn't know who he was and you were both looking through a crowd of 1000 random people. You spot him and say to your friend 'I just saw the most incredible looking person'. Without prompting, your friend would instantly say 'I did too' and point straight to Hawkins. Mean that as a compliment.
This is some of your most random content.

Let’s not forget what 43 said the other day - Collingwood in fact do have the best offer on the table to both the Suns and Port. So I wouldn’t get our hopes too much on Houston.

I also don’t think we should be paying close to a million for a second KPD so not as keen on Barrass or SDK at that price. I think a B grade KPF would suffice.

Lots to play out but I do have faith in the list management team so if go with picks 12 and 14 or downgrade one of those or combine those I don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Houston is no longer an option.

He might end up at coll but my guess is:

Houston stays at Port.

GC get noble for a pick in the 30s somewhere which is all he's worth.

Port get Lukosius for a future F1.

Going to the draft suits us as draftees get paid the minimum. Frees up space for Weiters / TDK / etc. Maybe enough left over to have a proper go at Houston next year?

We go into deficit and next yrs 3rd gets downgraded,
I feel like you'd need more points than just that, though? Lucas has dropped on draft boards, but Ben is still looking like going at ~30ish. That's over 500 points you'll need just for Ben.

Next year's 3rd will be worth basically nothing point-wise, especially if Carlton are playing finals again. It wouldn't be enough.

I think Harry will play relief ruck from now on. I haven't been a fan of that up until now, but now that he is fully mature and match hardened and settled into his own game, i think he is well rounded now to add ruck relief to his game.

Like Joe Daniher, it wasn't until he was fully matured mentally and physically that he was ready to add ruck without harming his main role as KPF.

I think Jack will be depth from now on....which prolly means he plays most games if he is one of the lucky uninjured ones lol.
Yeah I reckon Pitto will only play if TDK is injured from now on ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back