Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot more stuffing around this year.
Players nominating or not nominating with out “reasonable” deals already ironed out in principle & talk of swaps which all seem to hedge against the possible asks for the players.

The last Tom Morris tweet is the perfect example - Melbourne have 5,28,40,49,54,65
Now they are after * 9?
28 & F1 makes some sense but * are dog shit & u would think 9 is a must given they only have 9 & 31 - so they go into this draft with 28 & 31 makes no sense at all to me.

Kako is not Nick Watson. I reckon bombers have blinked here. Should have waited till draft night and had a plan in case of a bid. They've essentially negated the advantage of having the academy pick.

Also, you snooze you lose goldcoast. They just needed to take the best deal for 13. It's not ever going to be pies and they don't need it to be. Best way to move forward is to offload that pick then deal with noble on his merits.

Last edited:
Lol *

Have attempted to split the pick to no takers.

Have nobody anybody wants for a pick in the teens that they're willing to trade.

A couple of other clubs have put the heat on them by suggesting Kako is on their radar.

Period feels like a big **** you to *. 🤣

I hope we go with two first rounders over pick 3. We have holes to fill, not just one superstar kid. 3 major holes. Small forward, onball, key back. And 2 minor holes after those 3 which are again onball and forward.

One pick doesn't solve these issues but 2 or 3 good picks will if we select well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think * will try and get back into this draft on draft night after Kako bid. They will use their second rounders to match the bid then trade their or Melbourne F1 for 15 or 16. I think you can do that.

Kako is not Nick Watson. I reckon bombers have blinked here. Should have waited till draft night and had a plan in case of a bid. They've essentially negated the advantage of having the academy pick.

Also, you snooze you lose goldcoast. They just needed to take the best deal for 13. It's not ever going to be pies and they don't need it to be. Best way to move forward is to offload that pick then deal with noble on his merits.
They'll have 5 minutes on draft night to swap out the pick if they wait and would likely get shafted if any club was to entertain them.

Smart to do it now.

Gold Coast possibly have the worst list management team to ever exist in AFL history.

Worse than Dodo.

St Kilda could be another team that gets very nervous over the next couple of days now that Soldo has failed his medicals.

SOS will try and screw us but I wonder if there's an opportunity to make him feel like a million bucks while taking them to the cleaners at the same time.

I wouldn't. Really don't understand the love for him.

Very good player. But not a need, overpriced and will be 28 when he starts adding value. We'd be lucky to get 4 good years out of him.

The love is because he would add quality to a team and club that want a premiership now.

Of course the list manager and CEO aren’t about just the now when it comes to running a business.

We’ll find out who holds the whip in the next few days.

GCS not taking that Melbourne deal for 13 is crazy. Dees get 9 now.

The problems have always run deeper than the coach.

I think Dimma is going to find that out in the next couple of years if he hasn't already.

If you want a good example:

We took Gibbs over Joel Selwood and look at what he achieved let alone be captain of his premiership teams.

Thanks for that Sticks...

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app
A lot of teams overlooked Selwood that year because he had been injured leading up to the draft, so it was not just us........hindsight is such a great thing........:think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back