Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too much beyond belief with the Huston and SOS chat, it’s Stephen’s job to recruit players to his club, so of course he is trying to steer him away from the Blues, maybe Ben Silvagni is too, maybe Dan has asked Jack is Voss is a good coach and Jack has said, i dont think so.

Then just like what happens here, someone hears it and goes.

Jack is bad mouthing the club and is convincing players not to come, words are put in peoples mouths, mayo is added.

On Jack Silvagni

I can tell you that Jack was very open about convincing Dan to come to Carlton.

I shared this with a couple of my regular mates here days (maybe a full week) before the media started linking Dan to Carlton. I may have even shared it here when the media finally reported on it.

That was probably 2-3 weeks before finals.

I don't believe that has changed whatsoever.

The latest info that I have on Jack is that he (may) feels he may have to "push shit up hill" to get his spot back in the team next year. It came across as though he is driven and focused on doing what it takes but is very mindful of the realities of our lineup going into next year.

Not privy to why. Just been told that he is and that the silvagnis are heavily pissing in Houstons ear about steering clear of Carlton. Stephen a very bitter man. Disappointing as he was always my favourite player.

Guess we’ll have to see how it plays out.

And you know that how?

Dan has asked Jack is Voss is a good coach and Jack has said, i dont think so.

Dan wouldn't need to ask anyone if Vossy is a good coach or not.Voss has spent significant time coaching Dan when at Port. He'd be very well aware of the pros and cons.

Dan wouldn't need to ask anyone if Vossy is a good coach or not.Voss has spent significant time coaching Dan when at Port. He'd be very well aware of the pros and cons.
My understanding is Houston is very close to Vossy and one of the big attractions for him to coming to the club is reuniting with Vossy and Vossy is really pushing to get him to Carlton.

Jsos stuff is 100% true.
There has been little coverage of his recovery because he has got bionic leg implants.
He’s been secretly training all year as a very speedy half back flanker with amazing ball use.
He’s filthy at the club now because he’s worried all that hard work and money will go to waste if Houston comes and takes his role.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Film GIF by Tech Noir

He got the left arm done too for super handballs

My understanding is Houston is very close to Vossy and one of the big attractions for him to coming to the club is reuniting with Vossy and Vossy is really pushing to get him to Carlton.
McLean played under Brett Ratten who was an assistant coach at Melbourne for one season and he also played under Carlton Assistant Coach Mark Riley who was an Assistant Coach and then caretaker coach at the Demons. Ratten was pleased the deal had been completed on day one of the Exchange Period.

Meanwhile, over in Brisbane...

And then 2 years later... yeah these two coaches definitely don't have parallels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes a lot of sense.

Top line player (AA).

27yo.

Walk up start....

Saad's 30 (and it looks like the injuries are becoming more frequent), Newy almost 32, Doc is Doc (almost 31).

TBH all this talk on JSOS is neither here nor there...lets face it he isnt an integral part of the blues line up...hes a very handy depth player...

He is in the mix like a large number of players, but that still has nothing to do with what was posted

I find it strange that any player would steer another potential prospect away from us, when they could request a trade if they weren't happy

Not sure how to feel about Matt Carroll being cut already but content with the others and wish them well.

Time for some fresh (and healthy) blood.

I think it's the right move. It's unlucky for him, sure, but it's not like he was a highly rated top 10 pick who lost a season to injury. He was a speculative rookie pick with a few good traits, but lists turn over every year and re-committing to an OK player with injury issues who plays a position we're already pretty deep in...probably not smart list management.

Dan asked Jack is Vossy a good coach?

LOL

Things are starting to get real juicy.

No one read the post properly and had an entire debate around it 😂

It went something like “Maybe Jack told Dan that Vossy isn’t a good coach.”. It was a hypothetical rumour.

On Jack Silvagni

I can tell you that Jack was very open about convincing Dan to come to Carlton.

I shared this with a couple of my regular mates here days (maybe a full week) before the media started linking Dan to Carlton. I may have even shared it here when the media finally reported on it.

That was probably 2-3 weeks before finals.

I don't believe that has changed whatsoever.

The latest info that I have on Jack is that he (may) feels he may have to "push shit up hill" to get his spot back in the team next year. It came across as though he is driven and focused on doing what it takes but is very mindful of the realities of our lineup going into next year.

Bloke just loves the club too much. Just wants to win a flag with his tenure.

He is in the mix like a large number of players, but that still has nothing to do with what was posted

I find it strange that any player would steer another potential prospect away from us, when they could request a trade if they weren't happy
Unless someone has direct contact with Jack none of us could know for sure what has transpired between the two...

Having said that I dont see why Jack or anyone for that matter wouldn't let a close mate know what its like at their club...if the close mate asked for their opinion.

At the very least Jack should give his genuine opinion - good and bad, so his close mate can make a more informed decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back