Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon walshy hits targets when he's playing the outside gig just fine. Inside both ****s his back and puts him into spots he's not as good at. Just get him running in space.

Another one people applying only recency bias to. He played a real inside outside job - not purely inside - last finals series and was unbelievably good.
I think you are partially correct. I'm sure there are plenty of examples both ways. It's not only him not hitting targets but also consistently picking a bad option.

I think some of it is the superman syndrome that Cripps had a while back, trying to do everything rather than trusting teammates.

Cripps has gotten much better at delegating responsibility. Walsh, will hopefully get there.

More concerning is his inability to consistently hit targets going inside f50.

We've had quite a few forward thrusts curtailed after Walsh got the ball in space.

Check out the first GWS game. The difference after someone had a word to him at half time.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon walshy hits targets when he's playing the outside gig just fine. Inside both ****s his back and puts him into spots he's not as good at. Just get him running in space.

Another one people applying only recency bias to. He played a real inside outside job - not purely inside - last finals series and was unbelievably good.

Yeah, been saying Walsh needs a more outside role going forward.

I think the new htb rule has messed with how he goes about it. He feels rushed and it shows in his disposal. To cap it off, the physicality involved with playing inside took its toll on his body.

That said, Kennedy is 15 month younger than Hewett & can play more than one position. I would say that for the betterment of the team it’s Hew that goes as Kennedy is better for the team & younger
Kennedy is worth more on the trade table, and is not as good as a pure mid as Hewett

Kennedy is worth more on the trade table, and is not as good as a pure mid as Hewett
Also agree - and is probably still at least partially filthy to getting the vest

I’m interested to see what does transpire this trade period - because we’ve not really been linked to a whole lot outside of Houston

Fun playing list manager this time of year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, and it would be a shame if we did trade him, but also, that kind of thing can’t come into your decision making.

I doubt it happens anyway, just that if we do trade a contracted player, Chugga is one that would make sense.
It's a bit like saying "our list is in a healthy state". :)

I just heard from my hairdresser’s lawnmower’s grandson that SOS and Austin are having an arm wrestle behind the sheds at midnight tonight and the winner gets to poach Captain Merrett for a grandfather offer. 🙃

The issue for Kennedy for me is that it's not just this regime that can't seem to fit him in the midfield, it's 3 or 4 staffs now that find his value better being a bits and pieces player and not an inside mid. I, along with most here, would say that his best spot is inside mid, but, maybe, as much as we like Bam Bam he's actually just not that good of a mid. 4 (5?) coaching staffs saying no to him is pretty telling.

He does have useful attributes which we are trying to utilise the best we can - his competitiveness and overhead marking, hence rucking and playing him down the line, but full time mid has just never been on his cards it seems.

On the face of it, it seems like a strange one as we all think it's obvious that he's a midfielder, but maybe we just like him too much and are missing what several coaching staffs are telling us - he just isn't a very good mid.
I don't think that's accurate at all. A year or two ago pretty much all the mids were getting some time in different positions to build flexibility -- Cerra, Hewett, even Walsh to an extent. This year it's been all about the injuries. Without them, there's every reason to think Kennedy would've played the whole year predominantly as a mid. His use in different roles is not some kind of knock on his value as a mid, it's a reflection of his versatility and willingness to put the team first.

I wish I could say I was surprised to be pointing this out, but unfortunately we seem to get the same narrative on this board whenever someone sacrifices their primary role for the team. Last year it was JSOS, this year it's Kennedy.

I don't think that's accurate at all. A year or two ago pretty much all the mids were getting some time in different positions to build flexibility -- Cerra, Hewett, even Walsh to an extent. This year it's been all about the injuries. Without them, there's every reason to think Kennedy would've played the whole year predominantly as a mid. His use in different roles is not some kind of knock on his value as a mid, it's a reflection of his versatility and willingness to put the team first.

I wish I could say I was surprised to be pointing this out, but unfortunately we seem to get the same narrative on this board whenever someone sacrifices their primary role for the team. Last year it was JSOS, this year it's Kennedy.
You my good friend, need to post more.

I think you are partially correct. I'm sure there are plenty of examples both ways. It's not only him not hitting targets but also consistently picking a bad option.

I think some of it is the superman syndrome that Cripps had a while back, trying to do everything rather than trusting teammates.

Cripps has gotten much better at delegating responsibility. Walsh, will hopefully get there.

More concerning is his inability to consistently hit targets going inside f50.

We've had quite a few forward thrusts curtailed after Walsh got the ball in space.

Check out the first GWS game. The difference after someone had a word to him at half time.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, been saying Walsh needs a more outside role going forward.

I think the new htb rule has messed with how he goes about it. He feels rushed and it shows in his disposal. To cap it off, the physicality involved with playing inside took its toll on his body.
Agree with both.
Kennedy gone
breaking news?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back