Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I get we don't want to go all out DoDo on our perception with trades and such, but boy oh boy wowee getting tired of being so nice. Might as well help Brisbane get Ashcroft for nothing in return, like we did with the Hawks a few years back.
I only just remembered this happened. Did we really never get anything back from them?

I'm sorry but we have heard this same stuff from the players since Ratten. Can't just keep changing the coach and expect anything to get better - at what point do the players take some accountability?
The tail’s wagged the dog, for far to long at Carlton…

It’s about time this group stepped the **** up or we find players that can!!!

Be that as it may. He won't be going for a nothing pick. If he goes it will be for sufficient value. I'd expect at least a 2nd round selection.

Don't forget he's a lifetime free agent after we delisted and rookied him a few years back.

Makes sense to trade for a return this year compared to nothing next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griffen went to GWS for Boyd & pick 6, Grundy was pick 27 a massive salary dump, Treloar with 26, 33,42 for 14 & future 2nd.
All the above isn’t what we are doing - we will be lucky to get late 2nds, I’m thinking a late 2nd and late 3rd will be our hall from this & have just smashed our depth.
This isn’t brave or a major move.

We aren't losing a Griffen, Grundy or Treloar either though. We will keep Kennedy and Young if there is nothing happening out there. They are being being told they may be just that ... depth however.

I don't think losing them smashes our depth though.

No we didn’t from memory.
A few very late picks was all they gave us, and I remember being real p***ed off because I loathe that mob and * the most because they have both been bash artist clubs, but especially on their way to premierships in the 80s!!! I never understood why SOS (I think it was him?!!) bothered to help them without something significant coming back our way!!!........there was even some talk back then about the Haws sending us a young player (for the pick...) who had hardly played at all, and his name was Sicily........ouch!!!:mad:

Last edited:
I'm sorry but we have heard this same stuff from the players since Ratten. Can't just keep changing the coach and expect anything to get better - at what point do the players take some accountability?
Both things could be true.
We could have both a mentality weak list as well as a nuffy for coach .

I think our list has holes but the bloke running the show is a banana.

Both things could be true.
We could have both a mentality weak list as well as a nuffy for coach .

I think our list has holes but the bloke running the show is a banana.
A banana that took us to a prelim and had us sitting 2nd right until Round 19 this season despite coaching with one hand behind his back for most of that period.

Last edited:
A banana that took us to a prelim and had us sitting 2nd right until Round 19 this season despite coaching with one hand behind his back for most of that period. That banana?
Voss has been in charge and coach of this team for 3 years, the last 2 months of his tenure have been ordinary and conceding 60 points before registering a score in the elimination final probably the worst game I can recall for a while. - that banana.

Voss has been in charge and coach of this team for 3 years, the last 2 months of his tenure have been ordinary and conceding 60 points before registering a score in the elimination final probably the worst game I can recall for a while. - that banana.
So you're judging his tenure off the last two months alone?

A banana that took us to a prelim and had us sitting 2nd right until Round 19 this season despite coaching with one hand behind his back for most of that period.
A hand he keeps tying there himself.

Griffen went to GWS for Boyd & pick 6, Grundy was pick 27 a massive salary dump, Treloar with 26, 33,42 for 14 & future 2nd.
All the above isn’t what we are doing - we will be lucky to get late 2nds, I’m thinking a late 2nd and late 3rd will be our hall from this & have just smashed our depth.
This isn’t brave or a major move.
Correction- Griffen & pick 6 went to GWS for Boyd….
Dogs also paid part of Griffen’s salary from memory
Sos drafted Marchbank with pick 6….

Last edited:
I can tell you that if Sam De Koning does not play this week or next week if Geelong make the Grand Final, he will be exploring his options and we are keen to get him to the club if we can facilitate a trade.

This would make sense particularly if we have put Young on the market too which would suggest we have a replacement in mind

Plus as Pommy in Oz showed in his channel the other day, while the picks we get from Kennedy, Owies and Young won’t be much (first two in the 40s and Young in the 50s) on their own but collectively those plus our R2 would be more points than the GCS’ Picks 20 and 26 so we could try to facilitate a trade with them as they have to match bids later in the draft too

So our draft hand would then be 11, 20, 26 plus whatever we get for Carroll (50s) plus the late picks we picked up last year all of which we would use for matching on Ben

So between 11, 20, 26 and F1 we could in theory pick up both Houston and SDK. That would mean no young talent in this years draft but it does double down on us doing the best to win within our window.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back