Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think that his deal would have been loaded up front (like we did with Martin) when we had a team that wasn't making finals, not back ended to when our young talent would be peaking. It is OK (to an extent) to overpay when you have space but in years 5-6 when you are supposed to be contending is madness.
We may have been paying Martin, Cripps and to a lesser extent Docherty big dollars in the first years he arrived.

This. It's exactly why I'm genuinely pissed off to see them go.

When the going gets tough you identify your conditional players and jettison them for that type of value.

You don't do it to heart and soul types.

Thanks for leaving your wife and newborn Matt, here's a Q2 substitution while lesser players stay on the field and now you can GAGF if you want isn't a strong message for a winning club culture.
Sorry i strongly disagree with you. You're a contracted player of the Carlton football club, it's your obligation to turn up and play when WE tell you to play.

I'm sick of this oh no it hurt the player's feelings!! The poor guy, he has a dream job with extreme pressure, but we need to baby them!! Nah get out of here with that crap. Your paid big bucks to play, you have a dream job, get out there and play!

They literally shouldn't be allowed to report on pay. They don't know what the pay is. Williams has been front ended back ended and evenly spread depending on which journo which year wants to get clicks.
Just needs to be arse ended somehow…..

Ah. Do we know who former is then? 😄

:p

bots GIF

That’s on Austin for giving him that deal.

It ultimately sits on Austin’s record but my feeling at the time was that Cain Liddle as CEO was very very keen to see Williams landed.
Not to dissimilar to Ricciuto dispatching young Reid to Melbourne with orders of not to return without Gibbs …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They literally shouldn't be allowed to report on pay. They don't know what the pay is. Williams has been front ended back ended and evenly spread depending on which journo which year wants to get clicks.
Mitch was the one reporting the trio told to look elsewhere the other night too...Hard to take him seriously, mates with Tom Browne..

Hate to burst your bubble but there was never any talk that Sicily would be involved here. By the end of 2016 Sicily had already played 25 games and kicked 30 goals in 2016.

The trade (at the end of 2016) was that we gave the Hawks a future 2nd for pick 48 (Macreadie) 66 (Williamson) and 70 (Kerr) . It was all about SOS wanting to bring in young talent quickly. Sadly some of those started well but burned out quickly.

Ironically the future 2nd ended with stkilda who used it to select Oscar Claverino.

There is no way that Hawthorn were including a young KPD player who had just kicked 30 goals in his 2nd season as part of that deal.
I distinctly remember his name being mentioned, by whom I don`t remember as it may have just been a rumour, but he was mentioned as I remember seeing it. Could have just been some "hopeful" supporters whipping up a rumour like happens on here.........beam me up Scotty into the land of rumours!!!

What does this mean? Can you elaborate?
Won’t go too much into the medical nitty gritty of it all, but he has a condition which requires a specific diet to help prevent inflammation to the oesophagus lining.

It’s proven to be a challenge having that type of diet whilst being a professional athlete.

this contract gets more embarrassing by the minute...

an okay half back turned failed midfielder turned failed half back turned potential small fwd earning that sort of money.

Amen. IMO the Williams contract is easily the worst piece of list management we have done during this entire list build, more so that high draft picks that don’t turn out or trading high draft picks out for star players.

Live trade of future first pick swap with Crows to draft Stocker was probably the second worst.

jfc what an awful deal
Another twist in the reporting of Mitch Cleary is that he could be speaking absolute garbage.

As the AFL tries its hardest to build up an American style 24/7 new cycle we see the death of journalism and the birth of opinionism/clickbait.

The language they use is their safety net. Could be… my golly.

Williams deal would only see him earn close to 1m if he won the Coleman, Norm Smith, Brownlow, AFL MVP, played every game, earned captain of the AA team, won the BnF, coached the AFLW side and worked part time in the IKON Park cafe.

If all that happened, then I’d say he’s on unders.

Won’t go too much into the medical nitty gritty of it all, but he has a condition which requires a specific diet to help prevent inflammation to the oesophagus lining.

It’s proven to be a challenge having that type of diet whilst being a professional athlete.
Seems like a good reason not for us to get him. If he has struggled to manage it this long in to his career it would seem unlikely that he will in the future. We do not want to draft players with problems that will effect their ability to get on the park at peak fitness.

Wish him all the best in the future but not at Carlton.

This should be a massive warning as to not recruiting Dan Houston, You will never get a better example for not handing out a massive contract for an unaccountable halfback who made a name for themselves out of playing on the oppositions 5/6th best forward and who inflates his stats by taking 6/7 kick ins a game. At least Williams cost zero draft picks where Houston will cost at minimum a mid first round pick plus a second.

Another twist in the reporting of Mitch Cleary is that he could be speaking absolute garbage.

As the AFL tries its hardest to build up an American style 24/7 new cycle we see the death of journalism and the birth of opinionism/clickbait.

The language they use is their safety net. Could be… my golly.

Williams deal would only see him earn close to 1m if he won the Coleman, Norm Smith, Brownlow, AFL MVP, played every game, earned captain of the AA team, won the BnF, coached the AFLW side and worked part time in the IKON Park cafe.

If all that happened, then I’d say he’s on unders.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

I can't remember that but the injury issues have been around well before Voss joined
Like Hird had to fall on his sword for signing off on the injections. Whether Voss directly or indirectly made the decision to have an increase in our training loads during the first month (which is official as players mentioned they were doing it till our round 3 bye) then he's responsible. If we did a further block post our late season bye then decision makers (Voss numero uno) royally screwed up.

I'd love to know the real story why Russell departed.

It ultimately sits on Austin’s record but my feeling at the time was that Cain Liddle as CEO was very very keen to see Williams landed.
Not to dissimilar to Ricciuto dispatching young Reid to Melbourne with orders of not to return without Gibbs …
Post SOS fallout, it felt people were seeking to lay every misstep at his feet.
It would be nice to gain some clarity to some degree but glad to put the crap behind us for the most part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back