Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to burst your bubble but there was never any talk that Sicily would be involved here. By the end of 2016 Sicily had already played 25 games and kicked 30 goals in 2016.

The trade (at the end of 2016) was that we gave the Hawks a future 2nd for pick 48 (Macreadie) 66 (Williamson) and 70 (Kerr) . It was all about SOS wanting to bring in young talent quickly. Sadly some of those started well but burned out quickly.

Ironically the future 2nd ended with stkilda who used it to select Oscar Claverino.

There is no way that Hawthorn were including a young KPD player who had just kicked 30 goals in his 2nd season as part of that deal.
Sicily name was definitely brought up as a potential target, think Bolton was keen to lure.

Seems like a good reason not for us to get him. If he has struggled to manage it this long in to his career it would seem unlikely that he will in the future. We do not want to draft players with problems that will effect their ability to get on the park at peak fitness.

Wish him all the best in the future but not at Carlton.
Nick Haynes? He's managed it well enough to play 205 games, be A.A and win a B & F.

The concern with him is that he is much, much closer to the end of his career than the start and that has form has tailed off recently.

He'll be a good role model and step into the breach every now and then but he's not getting recruited as a DFA to play every game. Think a player like Sam Durdin but slightly smaller (tall half back as opposed to a KPD) but much better back in his day.

It sounds very much like it's a done deal.

Like Hird had to fall on his sword for signing off on the injections. Whether Voss directly or indirectly made the decision to have an increase in our training loads during the first month (which is official as players mentioned they were doing it till our round 3 bye) then he's responsible. If we did a further block post our late season bye then decision makers (Voss numero uno) royally screwed up.

I'd love to know the real story why Russell departed.
Hird was in it up to his eyeballs, including pitching his best mate and boss David Evans to invest in the company making AOD-9604 and also getting regular injections of Melanotan II and Herexelin - bopth flatout banned substances, not just grey area. Simon goodwin another coach on substances banned for his players, not banned for coaches but if it's openly floating around the club and the coaches are openly juicing...

Anyway, enough OT but i wont let Hird's actions be forgotten on this board

Doesn’t sound like a club all singing from the same book no matter what spin Sayers puts on it.

But really, do we need an itk to tell us we have serious problems with fitness/injury, the list and the game plan?

You can see it from space!
I saw it from the Hoth system, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Post that dribble shot in the Adelaide game, it became a love hate relationship for me.
we were down the other end that day.
"Phew, owies will kick this simple goal and it'll be done with".....had to watch a replay later to understand what the hell happened.....

He had a few moments in Melb games, shats the bed in clutch time?

Hird was in it up to his eyeballs, including pitching his best mate and boss David Evans to invest in the company making AOD-9604 and also getting regular injections of Melanotan II and Herexelin - bopth flatout banned substances, not just grey area. Simon goodwin another coach on substances banned for his players, not banned for coaches but if it's openly floating around the club and the coaches are openly juicing...

Anyway, enough OT but i wont let Hird's actions be forgotten on this board
Hird should always be remembered as a disgrace. Fine to get to a point where the AFL can preach all is forgiven, but he shouldn't even be allowed near any form of AFL in an official capacity (VFL, juniors, whatever) other than as a spectator.

Sorry i strongly disagree with you. You're a contracted player of the Carlton football club, it's your obligation to turn up and play when WE tell you to play.

I'm sick of this oh no it hurt the player's feelings!! The poor guy, he has a dream job with extreme pressure, but we need to baby them!! Nah get out of here with that crap. Your paid big bucks to play, you have a dream job, get out there and play!

Problem is the same standards aren't applied to a few of his teammates who warrant it.

Another twist in the reporting of Mitch Cleary is that he could be speaking absolute garbage.

As the AFL tries its hardest to build up an American style 24/7 new cycle we see the death of journalism and the birth of opinionism/clickbait.

The language they use is their safety net. Could be… my golly.

Williams deal would only see him earn close to 1m if he won the Coleman, Norm Smith, Brownlow, AFL MVP, played every game, earned captain of the AA team, won the BnF, coached the AFLW side and worked part time in the IKON Park cafe.

If all that happened, then I’d say he’s on unders.
Who the **** is meant to run the raffle then…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the rebel alliance base, correct???
Yes, and whilst rifling through some of the paperwork Leia dropped making her way to the Falcon I saw scribbled some decoded messages relating to this thing called AFL. I was intrigued and even though my Master said I should focus on Skywalker I in my spare time I finally discovered what it meant and became a fan.

It seemed so logical I took the strategy within to aid in defeating the Rebel Scum.

Here was the decoded message;

CFC 2022-2024 gameplan
-----------------------------

1. Pitto/TDK wins hit-out directly palming in the vicinity of Crippa
2. Crippa shrugs off players as required and hand passes to Walshy
3. Walshy skies a ball to the f50 where one of Harry and Charlie wrestle off an opponent and take a mark.
4. Harry or Charlie kick the goal.
5. Repeat step 1.

Do the above for half a season, then introduce a few more layers whatever they may be.

The End.

Why does it say he won't be there? Anything to do with being disgruntled or is it something benign, like he's due in hospital that day or what?
  • Attending overseas Red bull training camp
  • using the several week break abroad to help freshen up mentally after a difficult few months dealing with his injuries, the significant fall-out and intense trade speculation
  • Petracca has a partnership with Red Bull.

Last point there is the most interesting... he has a partnership... sounds like brand Petracca is more important.

I almost get the sense him being ticked off to return to field is just a "good excuse", suspect the Dees and their downfall that is coming fast as Max ages, Oliver is broken mentally, Goody continues on whatever he gets up to just think Trac wants to end up finishing his career with more success or a club that can let him improve his brand. He'll be at Geelong/Pies in 25.

They literally shouldn't be allowed to report on pay. They don't know what the pay is. Williams has been front ended back ended and evenly spread depending on which journo which year wants to get clicks.
I'm not so sure. It's a sport where clubs have a salary cap, in a sport funded largely by members and the broader public, having some knowledge of what clubs are spending cap on is arguably relevant information for a supporter base in having trust that their club is being responsible, to a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back