Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

It's nuts. And let's be honest Zakky is another perenially injured player who needs a hard decision made on him.
He is unreliable, and I say that after loving him find joy up forward and showing some good talent there.
If we keep him we need great back up as well.
I'd prefer to cut our losses whilst we can get a good trade.
Whatever happened to your stance on "trolling" and backing in the boys?

Lots of smiles, lots of upbeat vibes, not much actually said.

Still haven't seen anything from Petracca stating a genuine desire to stay with Melbourne. He talks all around it in that video but never quite says it. That's not to say it won't come eventually... but it hasn't yet.
As much as I like Kemp and JSOS, are we prepared to trade them both for Petracca and also give Melbourne a free hit on Houston?

Whatever happened to your stance on "trolling" and backing in the boys?

I'm not sure about the history here, but there was nothing trolling about that comment.

If it is in regard to criticism of your posts, I can only put forward that criticism is fine it is is constructive and allows for further discussion.

If certain senior players are formenting insurrection again. Get rid of them. No player is bigger than the coach.

Tend to agree with this in some respects. How many coaches need to be lost by the players before we start pointing our finger at the players. Always so hard to know where to point the finger, from the outside.

But I think that Voss had every right to have some tough conversations with some senior players after the way they performed in that final. Even the ones coming back in from injury - if they put their hand up to play then they declared they were right.

Yes, it could've been Brisbane equally pulling up stumps in the second half, but those dame tactics we used in the first half seemed to magically work in the second half.

It was a disgraceful performance and so I'm not sure how the players were expecting Vossy to get the guitar out and sing koombiya

Dunno, at some point we need to put some onus on this playing group, especially if these rumours are true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans and Saints are after Sam Frost from the hawks.

A bit old but would he be an option to consider?

Last edited:
If we do acquire Houston, I suspect we will play him between the arcs, wing/mid. Maybe similar to Doc when we released him from HB

And no, it's not like Williams at all
Halfback flanker mostly used on the oppositions least dangerous forward so as they can provide run and kicking skills, not great defensively but elite kick, spent minimal time playing any other position port have had one of the most settled midfield groups over the last 4/5 years, would be coming over on a large contract and plays the easiest position on the ground to find a cheaper replacement.

That’s a lot of similarities to me I agree he is a quality player but these players can be found much cheaper Houston himself was originally a rookie pick Saad, Williams, Newman, Zorko, Dale all rookies or late picks.

The price for Houston is way too much.

Swans and Saints are after Sam Frost from the hawks.

A bit old but would he be an option to consider?

I figured he'd look at leaving with Barrass and Battle coming in.

Meanwhile we have Weiters, Gov, Haynes and Sam Durdin, with Kemp not trusted back there, Marchbank delisted and Young given permission to look elsewhere.

I can't believe we are keeping Durdin for the tallest defender role, given his history. It feels like we are holding on to him pending other plans.

I thought of Frost as he won't cost much and will need to leave to get a game. I saw a rumour about Dougal Howard moving, but with Battle leaving, he should be required.

The Bluemour about us looking at state league options is not before time, so hopefully we pick up a big bodied late bloomer

Tend to agree with this in some respects. How many coaches need to be lost by the players before we start pointing our finger at the players. Always so hard to know where to point the finger, from the outside.

But I think that Voss had every right to have some tough conversations with some senior players after the way they performed in that final. Even the ones coming back in from injury - if they put their hand up to play then they declared they were right.

Yes, it could've been Brisbane equally pulling up stumps in the second half, but those dame tactics we used in the first half seemed to magically work in the second half.

It was a disgraceful performance and so I'm not sure how the players were expecting Vossy to get the guitar out and sing koombiya

You’re not playing for percentage in a final, I put no store in that second half performance at all.

I’m not looking to scapegoats - that performance is on the club, Board, Management, Football Department, Coaches and Players in equal measure.

I figured he'd look at leaving with Barrass and Battle coming in.

Meanwhile we have Weiters, Gov, Haynes and Sam Durdin, with Kemp not trusted back there, Marchbank delisted and Young given permission to look elsewhere.

I can't believe we are keeping Durdin for the tallest defender role, given his history. It feels like we are holding on to him pending other plans.

I thought of Frost as he won't cost much and will need to leave to get a game. I saw a rumour about Dougal Howard moving, but with Battle leaving, he should be required.

The Bluemour about us looking at state league options is not before time, so hopefully we pick up a big bodied late bloomer

Dougal Howard re-signed with the Saints a few days ago.

You’re not playing for percentage in a final, I put no store in that second half performance at all.

I’m not looking to scapegoats - that performance is on the club, Board, Management, Football Department, Coaches and Players in equal measure.
I think it's game style which is bash and crash a la Vossy's way and I believe is not sustainable over a full season and causes a higher propensity for injuries.

The aspirational model is Geelong who with a decorated coach knows that the season is to jostle for pole position and that the Finals is where it happens. I feel they deliberately peak and wane during their season (and rest blokes) so that they're right for September and peak at the right time. We're under pressure to bash and crash every week.

I also believe that getting Petracca is a must for us for both as a mid and we've all seen what he can do up-forward. As a forward he is both the 3rd tall and the devastating small we're crying out for.

I've given a possible trade that should be palatable to the Dees above.

Petracca in my view is getable and that Jay Clarke article reads like an exclusive Press Release to 1 journalist and has Corporate Contingency Plan written all over it - incidentally Roffe's area of expertise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back