Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's game style which is bash and crash a la Vossy's way and I believe is not sustainable over a full season and causes a higher propensity for injuries.

The aspirational model is Geelong who with a decorated coach knows that the season is to jostle for pole position and that the Finals is where it happens. I feel they deliberately peak and wane during their season (and rest blokes) so that they're right for September and peak at the right time. We're under pressure to bash and crash every week.

I also believe that getting Petracca is a must for us for both as a mid and we've all seen what he can do up-forward. As a forward he is both the 3rd tall and the devastating small we're crying out for.

I've given a possible trade that should be palatable to the Dees above.

Petracca in my view is getable and that Jay Clarke article reads like an exclusive Press Release to 1 journalist and has Corporate Contingency Plan written all over it - incidentally Roffe's area of expertise.
100% with you on your 1st and 2nd paragraph's

I love how Cal Twomey says Carlton can't get Houston without giving up #11, but says Pies are still in the hunt as they might be able to get #12 out of Gold Coast for John Noble, along with a suite of later picks.

On what ****ing planet ... ?

You can disagree but no need for these comments. Just stops more people with info posting. Not needed

PS we are always into SDKs ear and would love to have him. Unlikely but not zero chance
The elephant in the room with SDK, other than not being picked recently, is their desire to add to their list. Clearly pick 20 is not getting Bailey Smith done, then they are still getting linked with high profile types. Something has to give to get draft collateral to trade for these types. Their elder statesmen are not getting them top range picks.

I have no idea if SDK’s intent, but if he is overlooked for the big finals and the players keeping him out remain there, as well as some kids coming through(read Connor O’Sullivan), surely a club with a readymade long term need for him would be attractive, let alone having a brother there.

I love how Cal Twomey says Carlton can't get Houston without giving up #11, but says Pies are still in the hunt as they might be able to get #12 out of Gold Coast for John Noble, along with a suite of later picks.

Same narrative where all the AFL media sold our pick 8 in the Saad trade - “pick 8 will get it done” 🙄

Reckon there is as much chance Gold Coast giving their 1st pick for John Noble as Chris Scott coaching Carlton.

No one is giving up a 1st round pick for Noble, late 2nd early 3rd at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still would’ve loved it if we where in the running for Bailey smith

Wright wants a CEO’s job straight away, not sure he wants another head of football role.

Personally I’m not sure he has the entire skill set to be a CEO, I think GM Football is where he’s Peter Principled at. :thumbsu:
No offense... But what the hell would any of us know about Graham Wrights ability to be a CEO?

The elephant in the room with SDK, other than not being picked recently, is their desire to add to their list. Clearly pick 20 is not getting Bailey Smith done, then they are still getting linked with high profile types. Something has to give to get draft collateral to trade for these types. Their elder statesmen are not getting them top range picks.

I have no idea if SDK’s intent, but if he is overlooked for the big finals and the players keeping him out remain there, as well as some kids coming through(read Connor O’Sullivan), surely a club with a readymade long term need for him would be attractive, let alone having a brother there.

Cats need SDK more than we do given the age of Blicavs and Kolodjashnij. The decision not to bring him into a winning side is understandable. Such a delicate balance.

If he is gettable though, we should throw everything at him. It would immediately stop any other pick ups and early draft choices, which in turn might stop us filling other holes for next year, but long term it would be massive. Our defence would be fantastic.

Reckon there is as much chance Gold Coast giving their 1st pick for John Noble as Chris Scott coaching Carlton.

No one is giving up a 1st round pick for Noble, late 2nd early 3rd at best.

It is Gold Coast though. Up is down, cats are dogs, wet is dry. Capable of anything because they disrespect draft picks, as they can pick up gun players with 2nd and 3rd rounders at will.

No offense - but have a few degrees less separation than you. ;)
Interesting... My uncle's worked at the Pies for 28 years and has had plenty to do with old Graham.

Yet still, id bet neither of us would have a clue about how he'd go in a CEO role given we don't work with him personally nor do we have any experience in Football CEO roles.

It is Gold Coast though. Up is down, cats are dogs, wet is dry. Capable of anything because they disrespect draft picks, as they can pick up gun players with 2nd and 3rd rounders at will.
Not certain why they would give up their 1st when they can get Noble with their 2nd highly unlikely.
lf their 1st pick is on the market pretty sure they can do much better, clubs will be willing to give their F1st to do that deal to obtain their 1st.

Anyway, from what I've heard he's not necessarily the type to get a Christmas card during the festive season but a very good operator

On the other hand sounds like Leppitsch is closer to Dodoro than he is Stephen Wells which might help us in the chase for #17.

The football dept is a circus at the moment the Leppitsch, Bolton, Mcrae triumvirate was definitely a “three ringed” affair.

It's because the GCS list management team is probably the worst in the comp - watch them somehow give up their first and a future 2nd for Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back