Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there is an issue with the boys having a good time for a couple of weeks before coming back for pre-season, but let's not pretend alcohol doesn't hurt you.
A lot more things hurt you than alcohol. The biggest factor in someone's cognitive ability - their cognitive ability. If you have a low base, you're going to look like an idiot. If you have a high base, pounding the booze isn't going to change that.

PS I reckon Charlie would give him a run for his money off field.
At least Walsh tries to chase, tackle and put pressure on.

Speaking of players enjoying themselves on a weekend, too many people see an image on tv and make assumptions based on hair cuts, tattoos, the sound of someone’s voice or how they look, it’s a dangerous assumption that doesn’t mirror reality.

At least Walsh tries to chase, tackle and put pressure on.

Speaking of players enjoying themselves on a weekend, too many people see an image on tv and make assumptions based on hair cuts, tattoos, the sound of someone’s voice or how they look, it’s a dangerous assumption that doesn’t mirror reality.

I reckon most of the time it does :D but yes, hear what you are saying.

Rumours anyone?
I guess should Port lose tonight we may get some insight in regards to Dan Houston's movements early next week.

If Geelong lose, I imagine the same for SDK. We’ll be able to put it to bed, or get up and about depending on what he says in his exit meeting

I wonder if Geelong wins and makes it to the Grand Final and he still isn’t chosen if that makes it more likely he leaves or wants to leave - or maybe it won’t change the final outcome

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A lot more things hurt you than alcohol. The biggest factor in someone's cognitive ability - their cognitive ability. If you have a low base, you're going to look like an idiot. If you have a high base, pounding the booze isn't going to change that.
I don't really want to go back and forth, but alcohol very clearly has negative health effects and we shouldn't pretend otherwise

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't really want to go back and forth, but alcohol very clearly has negative health effects and we shouldn't pretend otherwise

It certainly does, but an AFL player having a few drinks for 2 weeks in the year is unlikely to have any longterm effects. Much less risk than they're taking with potential concussions during the season in any case.

Alcohol absolutely damages your cognition after a certain point.

I don't think there is an issue with the boys having a good time for a couple of weeks before coming back for pre-season, but let's not pretend alcohol doesn't hurt you.

Very true, but we are not talking about alcoholics here. My younger son is a disability carer and he has told me about the

clients he has who are horribly impaired due to decades of hard drinking.

More than ever before AFL is super professional in most regards. They put in, they give their all. Let them enjoy a couple of

weeks, before the non-stop routine of being a professional footballer starts again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to SDK...

People saying he'll cost 2 first round picks...

I would have thought, a player of that calibre would be one of the first 5-6 players selected... if not, at the very least a walk up start....

I think (big if) he decides to come to us, it'll cost us pick 11 and we upgrade their 2nd rounder... something along those lines.

"Annihilating brain cells" lol this is hilarious. As if drinking does this, absolute myth. Some of the brightest, most creative men in history were raging drinkers. Churchill, Thompson, Hemmingway etc etc.
And me.

Can anyone shed light on SDK's situation?
Is he not being picked because they don't think he's match fit for finals or because they can't fit him in?

Or both? From my limited Cats knowledge I would've thought he's their number 1 KPD?

i present the counter argument...

Lance Whitnall.
Nice counter.
How was Lances hammys ? (Granted I don’t rember him sprinting to far to often 😂)

Lance has got to be up there in the argument for smartest player/highest footy IQ ever.

Don’t have to be real quick or move that far when your that smart

This pearl clutching around the players "partying" too much. Seeing Walsh named in particular

Walsh his constantly referred to as one of the most professional preparers in the game by teammates, coaches & opposition players. If he likes to unwind on the beers now and then so be it. I'd suggest more blokes in the league do it than these righteous health warriors realise.

Fwiw is Cripps mentioned by team-mates and opposition as being a guy who absolutely loves a beer, yet he's perennially one of the best players in the league and potentially a 2x Brownlow medallist. Anyone remember seeing him the morning after he won the Brownlow? Should we question him too?

Neale similarly I've seen referred to often as well as Tom Mitchell, who happen to be good mates with Cripps, 4x Brownlows between them... maybe some of the of perfect health and fitness forummers should have a word with them about their filthy and career limiting habits after they get back from taking a set off of Federer.

Can anyone shed light on SDK's situation?
Is he not being picked because they don't think he's match fit for finals or because they can't fit him in?

Or both? From my limited Cats knowledge I would've thought he's their number 1 KPD?

There is no SDK situation. Geelong don’t even know they were looking to trade him, and SDK didn’t know he wanted to leave Geelong. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back