Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Come straight at me Forty3. Don’t be shy. My references to Walsh were based on pre Xmas running I saw with my own eyes. Nothing to do with the rest of it. Equally, arguing what other players do or general society is utter tripe. Who gives a **** what general society does? And other players? I don’t care. Does Pendles get wiped out drunk like Walsh does? Nope.

You can say what you like in defence of him. So can everyone else. He lets himself down with the way he drinks. It’s not conducive to him getting the best out of himself. He has a lot to work on. He can do it or he can not. Whatever.

Come straight at me Forty3. Don’t be shy. My references to Walsh were based on pre Xmas running I saw with my own eyes. Nothing to do with the rest of it. Equally, arguing what other players do or general society is utter tripe. Who gives a **** what general society does? And other players? I don’t care. Does Pendles get wiped out drunk like Walsh does? Nope.

You can say what you like in defence of him. So can everyone else. He lets himself down with the way he drinks. It’s not conducive to him getting the best out of himself. He has a lot to work on. He can do it or he can not. Whatever.
Does Walsh get wiped out drunk often?
How do you know this.?.

How do you know Walshy gets wiped out drunk?

How do you know what Pendles does in his off season as well?

This shit is bizarre

These comments are slanderous - to claim you have no agenda flies in the face of the rest of your recent comments directed at Sam.

I dunno Pendles strikes me as potentially being a bit of a lad off the field, I'd think he'd have a few. That and its practically required at the Pies. Probably.

Yeah I think you should keep this opinion to yourself.

I actually remember it the opposite - he was completely lost as a 3rd tall but pretty decent when he was playing second banana. 2019 was his only year as a fwd alongside Charlie & Harry.

2019: Kicked multiple goals in rounds:
Rd2 - Charlie went off injured
Rd4 - Played with both Harry & Charlie
Rd6 - No Charlie
Rd8 - Played with both Harry & Charlie
Rd21 - No Charlie
Rd22 - No Charlie

Other games when he played with both, he was barely noticeable. He was decent in 2021 as 2nd fiddle, probably his best year for us down there.

I think you're right in regards to Gov not being a natural 'defender', but he's sure as hell not a natural forward by football IQ measures. Consistently lead to the wrong places & didn't have the work ethic for unrewarded running. Players like him and Jones thrive being in defense because they don't have to worry about that, it's a low footy IQ position - they can let the play unfold in front of them and react accordingly instead of trying to read it ahead of time like a forward has to.

He really should just be that 3rd tall defender for us who can wax on/off with Weitering for the intercept role, depending on matchups. He's an elite kick on both sides of his body, is quick and is a good size with a great leap. He's just prone to a brain fart, which every defender is. Decent coaching & a consistent role should see his defensive outputs improve.

Think Kemp & JSOS are the better 3rd tall fwd options, personally.

I see it very differently. The third tall defender position is not an easy position to play at all. You need to have high footy IQ to know when to peel off your man and try to intercept. When to spoil or when to mark. When to let your man lead up and not go with them etc. The third tall is often the crucial cog in whether a goal is conceded or not.

As a forward he has some natural skills. He’s quick off the mark so he can get separation on his opponent. He has a good leap so he can potentially take a pack mark. He’s also a deceptively good tackler and he often tackles with more mongrel than many else in our team. That would help with the forward pressure and locking it in. He has more agility than most defenders if he gets the height mismatch. The issue like you identified is can he run and do a lot of the unrewarded stuff. That’s a big question mark. I think there’s been too many variables with his time forward to say it’s a complete fail. JSOS whilst he clearly has more footy IQ, he just doesn’t provide a troubling matchup for any defender. The talls monster him and the smalls are too agile for him. Can’t question his work rate though. I’m a big fan of JSOS but I’m struggling to see him crack the best 22 next year.

Can’t question his work rate though

I say any player whose biggest skill set is “work rate”, are the types we should be moving on. Not the types that are best 22.

Pretty sure Pendlebury stopped getting wiped out drunk after his couple of altercations on the piss. Remember he was king hit out side a lake entrance pub think that was pay back from last time he was blacked out drunk that involved him pushing a female over.

I don’t drink, don’t smoke, and don’t do drugs. Yeah… I’m an absolute barrel of laughs!

But I can’t find myself having any problem with Sam Walsh having offseason drinks. If it’s true that he’s posting it on Instagram (as someone alleged here), then I think he could be smarter than that. But I think he’s entitled to let his hair down in the post season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t drink, don’t smoke, and don’t do drugs. Yeah… I’m an absolute barrel of laughs!

But I can’t find myself having any problem with Sam Walsh having offseason drinks. If it’s true that he’s posting it on Instagram (as someone alleged here), then I think he could be smarter than that. But I think he’s entitled to let his hair down in the post season.
He's not posted anything other than one shot of Cottrell having a daiquiri.

He's not posted anything other than one shot of Cottrell having a daiquiri.
Thanks FlowersByIrene.

I thought someone earlier said they had seen more than that. But I wouldn’t know, and am happy to take your word for it.

As for Cottrell… I’d like to see him drinking something a bit more alpha than a daiquiri 😂😂😂

Unleash the Kraken

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
EFA
Mechanical Bull Nightclub GIF by WoolshedOnHindley

I did specifically say I don’t think he’ll leave nor would the Cats let him go. Read the first line of my post again.
I was merely stating reasons why he would consider it... playing with a brother would be a big pull. For the same reason TDK will always be linked to the Cats.

Oh and also, he has another decade of footy whichever club he plays for. We know historically that players can get annoyed by being left out of the team rightly or wrongly.. it happens.
The point is, he does get a game for them. Over the journey he's been more of a mainstay in their side in their side than TDK has been in ours. People are latching on to his recent absence to create this narrative that he's on the outer.. he isn't.
If it reaches the point where he's questioning his place in the squad, they likely tap the 33yo Blicavs on the shoulder.

Thanks FlowersByIrene.

I thought someone earlier said they had seen more than that. But I wouldn’t know, and am happy to take your word for it.

As for Cottrell… I’d like to see him drinking something a bit more alpha than a daiquiri 😂😂😂
Nothing more alpha than having the confidence to drink whatever makes you feel good 😂😂😂

Thanks FlowersByIrene.

What about them drinking espresso martinis? Maybe it was 3 for 1 deal. Refuse to name names but they know who they are.

Yes. Especially in his younger days, the idea that Pendles was clean living would be met with some hearty laughter.

The point is, he does get a game for them. Over the journey he's been more of a mainstay in their side in their side than TDK has been in ours. People are latching on to his recent absence to create this narrative that he's on the outer.. he isn't.
If it reaches the point where he's questioning his place in the squad, they likely tap the 33yo Blicavs on the shoulder.

The coach absolutely loves Blicavs. He’s one of their first picked. If you look back at my posts on this matter I’ve been steadfast that he isn’t getting picked because he had a decently bad knee issue and it’s hard to make it back in to a team that won and convincingly. However, the point is that players do get upset at not being picked if they’re fit and healthy. That’s fact. It’s human nature to back yourself in and think you’re better than those who’ve been selected. I don’t think that can be refuted. No one knows except for himself truly how he feels. We should ask the question of him or we’d be being negligent. It’s a pipe dream yes, but you don’t know if you don’t ask.

Cut the outrage and the gang up

windows1 is a reputable poster and pretty balanced with his takes.

If he feels Walsh is not getting the best out of himself and leaving potential out there then he is entitled to hold that view.

Plenty of posters have had cracks over the years about McGovern and his diet, Motlop and his diet, other players not working hard enough etc

Now gang up on a poster just because he happens to hold an unpopular opinion that is about a popular player?

It could be true, this is the point of the site. To call it slanderous, a vendetta and everything else is pretty poor behavior.

The coach absolutely loves Blicavs. He’s one of their first picked. If you look back at my posts on this matter I’ve been steadfast that he isn’t getting picked because he had a decently bad knee issue and it’s hard to make it back in to a team that won and convincingly. However, the point is that players do get upset at not being picked if they’re fit and healthy. That’s fact. It’s human nature to back yourself in and think you’re better than those who’ve been selected. I don’t think that can be refuted. No one knows except for himself truly how he feels. We should ask the question of him or we’d be being negligent. It’s a pipe dream yes, but you don’t know if you don’t ask.
I'm not questioning Blicavs or how he's viewed internally, he's been a fantastic player for them. He plays next year as a 34 year old, only a completely moronic LM team preferences him over someone available to them for the next decade & has proven himself to be top quality.
If SDK does get his feelings hurt, which would be slightly unusual given he's essentially been a walk up start for most of his AFL career, they would sit down with him & work through it.
Perhaps he is gettable but as stated, he's been more of a mainstay in their side than his older brother has been in ours..

A strange narrative has developed from some on this board about the year Sam Walsh had.
For starters no preseason, missed the first 5 games then played so well in his first 11 games back he polled coaches votes in 9 of them and was openly discussed as almost a certainty by the all Australian selectors. Finished the year averaging 28 possessions 5 clearances and 7 tackles all while still clearly hampered by his back injury which has affected his kicking. Yes he dropped off in the last 5/6 weeks like almost everyone else in our side but Walsh is the least of our problems and most likely the next captain of the football club.
Yeah, that’s all correct, but boy was he kicking the footy like shit & calling for stupid handballs.
Questioning his professionalism is a very poor take, 100% he will be back to his best next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back