Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't with this Sam Walsh slander.

Whoever started this narrative is out of their damn mind.

They’re not fair dinkum some of these guys. Walsh is an endurance athlete who has become a very average one over the past couple of years. He is now being beaten easily by Elijah Hollands

Yes, he should be a lot more straight laced like cleanskin, straight-edge Elijah Hollands....remind me why he missed the first two rounds?

Re SDK
Dont worry bout what cats say and don't ask them.
Get infront of him and hus family.
At the very least u will force cats to pay more and if we get on front foot with him and family u put cats on the back foot trying to hold their ground with him instead of attacking us by trying to get Tom.
F the cats..we need to geelong geelong

There's absolutely no doubt Austin knows everything we do and a lot more...

We should be absolutely all over the intel on whether or not Sam De Koning is looking to leave via his brother but I’m not sure we are for two reasons:

1) Barrass and the McGovern brothers are very good mates and they would have known Barrass was considering leaving last year and this year. Austin would have been able to get access easily Barrass to sound him out too. Yet not once has it ever been reported that we were interested in him despite the fact that he is literally the exact player we need.

2) I am starting to think Austin’s views on key defenders is one elite key defender is sufficient if surrounded by mobile tallish interceptor types or guys who can defend a variety of forwards. This is why the only defender we’ve been linked to is Haynes. IMO there’s also evidence to point to this “philosophy” via his work at the Tigers and the Dogs.

I’ve heard more than enough about what some players do off field to see these things as a continuation….rather than a season ending break.

take whatever you want from that. I couldn’t care less.

They’re not fair dinkum some of these guys. Walsh is an endurance athlete who has become a very average one over the past couple of years. He is now being beaten easily by Elijah Hollands, Binns Cotts Ollie and the Irish kid. All pre his sore back. If I was him I’d be keen to correct that. Not a lot of ground made up while getting pissed.

It’s a choice. He’s taking it.

Dude.

Walsh is a freak and renowned as an extremely hard trainer.

I would hazard a guess that the club hasn't exactly been fully transparent about his back issues.

If I was out with Walsh now, I'd be buying his drinks.

Hearing from a good source that Brad Lloyd is on the way out. Bartel being targeted to replace him.

One can only hope.

I "went" to uni with Jimmy (he was a poster boy of online study when I was studying). I'm biased when it comes to him.

Things I remember about Jimmy as a student (added context: did a number of group projects with him)

• Diligent student
  • active communicator -- was a regular on the discussion forums
  • No mucking about - was invested in getting the job done to the best of his and the team's ability
  • Accepting of his own (and others) knowledge gaps. Didn't carry on like he knew everything. Respectfully listened to others when they offered something of value. Offered a counter point when he had one. Offered his thoughts openly when asked.
  • Empathetic when others had issues or concerns
Non-study wise: He comes across a bit arrogant at times in the media - and he may well be - but it's the type of arrogance that fits into the above - just gets the job done and has confidence in his abilities.

If Cook has helped us get him to the club then it could be one of the most important moves of his tenure at the club.

So in the space of a few months, we've gone from having too many choirboys on the list to having too many partyboys on the list? Got it.
You need Choirboys in the side if you want to flag-winning Run to Paradise....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back