Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can’t believe that Shaun Mannagh managed to go un drafted to 26, all clubs with picks overlooked him in the MSD last year, only for Geelong to pick him up in the 2nd round. Looked dangerous again tonight, there’s types are out there if you’re good enough to know what you’re looking at.
He looks terrific. Love how he is always on the move around stoppages.

Agreed with above, however also a credit to him.

SDK better be bloody coming, Geelong owe me - 6 leg multi & the one leg I miss was Geelong win 🤬

Oh man I made a nice bit on the Lions tonight … Geelong really? I mean we thrashed them by 11 goals how good can they be lol

Lij cost me last week, had a 17 leg same game multi $235 odds, only leg that didn't get up was lij finished on 68 fantasy points and needed 70, let's just say it's taken me a week to get over it.

6 leg same game multi- thought I was home when Danger got his goal - $25 bonus bet for $180 collect 😢

Thought I had it when lij had that shot at goal late, took him to 68 needed 70. $8 17 leg same game for over $1800 win. Still hurts.

Punting Board is :arrowright: way ...

Thanks all.

If our city is fortified, we’ll be quicker in the middle and a strong defence will rocket us forward, and in the nick of time.

Guided by the son of a farmer, (a sleeping giant) and strengthened by an island in the river (a ‘stolen 🦢) we’ll manage to claim that elusive flag!

🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩

View attachment 2116841

Nick Haynes is the sleeping giant.

I think Petracca is the stolen waft of air.

When TDK is rucking, and rucking well, our midfield looks as quick as any....

Remember we got nothing from Cerra this year (2023 top 5 b & f and our 2nd best mid most of the year).

Ditto, Walshy - was a mile off his best in 2024.

Remember he was the best in the finals' series in '23 - of all clubs.

When he's fit, he's quick. As quick as Butters or Rozee.

That's a lot of serious output missing from the engine room? Two A graders essentially.

Young Lord looks very likely too. And offers Newcombe like burst too.

I think Pitto ain't up to being #1 ruck - if he can't dominate at CBBs, he's entirely useless around the ground.

Would be offering him around, for sure....
Cerra isn’t an A grader, no where near the league’s top players…

As you said both Cerra and Walsh were fit and firing in 2023 and got us to 5th (10 points behind 4th spot)…

Walsh has had an elite year on numbers, though his kicking has dropped 12%..

Is Walsh improving his kicking and Cerra playing more games really going to move the needle from 8th to Premiership?

Yes, injuries were a cruel factor, but our core group still played the majority of the season together… Plus every team has injuries…

Makes me think of further questions, it can’t just be injuries..

1. Our top talent have won many awards, B&F’s, AA’s, Coleman’s, MVP, Brownlow, Best in Finals & Coaches award.. Are our top talent brilliant individually, but struggle as a team?
  2. Is our second tier of players not good enough?
  3. Is our depth not good enough?
  4. Is Voss and Co, not good enough, tactically and game plan wise?
  5. Is our list Philosophy, not good enough?
I’m not in the group we need more stars.. But I really hoped we were going to address a small forward or two, a KPD to work with Weitering and a midfielder with pace, while going to the draft…

Doesn’t look like we’re going to do any of this, except hit the draft…

Instead of telling Kennedy and Owies to explore their options, those that actually kick goals… Why aren’t we telling Motlop, Durdin, Fantasia the same thing…

Last edited:
I'm probably just iterating what many of us have already posted, but I'd only be okay with getting Houston if it didn't compromise our 1st round pick this year.

Even splitting the pick to give us more draft capital is risky. Pommie suggested we could split pick 11 for say picks 20 and 21 - use pick 20 and a future 1st for Houston, leaving us with pick 21. Potentially, it could then leave us open to a bid on Ben before pick 21, so we're forced to burn that pick on matching the bid and left without a 1st rounder.

I'm much more comfortable in bringing in young talent, especially with the spectre of Tassie looming very soon. High draft picks are more valuable now than in a few years time with the compromised drafts.

Which is why I'd be more than happy to trade out Owies if we can use the pick for a 19yo Konstanty who's on the improve at state league level. And under no circumstances trade out pick 11, so we can bring in some high level talented kid like a Berry or Lyndsay, rather than a more speculative pick lower down the order like we've done in recent years.

I'm fine bringing in 'older' role players with 3rd and 4th round picks like Garcia or Rosas, or even through FA like Haynes or Taylor - but we have to keep bringing in youth - not negotiable.

My wishlist:
  • Houston (only if the price is right)
  • Konstanty (Owies trade pick)
  • Garcia/Rosas (f3)
  • Haynes (FA)
  • Berry/Lyndsay (first round)
  • Campo's (FS)
  • McCartin (late pick)
  • McMahon/White (rookie)
  • Duffy (cat B)
10 changes. 4 more to be made (5 + Owies)…

I reckon he could become a future captain. He'll come out of his shell and I'd imagine set high standards for uncompromising, tough football. I agree wholeheartedly. My fave of our young players.
He's very much Cripps at the same age personality wise, just a shy young kid but watch him turn into an absolute beast. Reminds me a lot of Cripps in that way

10 changes. 4 more to be made (5 + Owies)…
My Wishlist:

1/. Petracca for any 2 players except the untouchables. Can be Silvagni, Kemp or even a Cerra.

2/. Pick 11 and F1 for De Konning.

Houston is not a primary need and Petracca can help the void in the Forward line and others like Cotterell and Elijah will have to step up.

I’m iííúu
Instead of telling Kennedy and Owies to explore their options, those that actually kick goals… Why aren’t we telling Motlop, Durdin, Fantasia the same thing…
What impact did Motlop, Durdin and Fantasia have this year… three fifths of fa.

Losing Kennedy and Owies will hurt our goal scoring, especially if the above 3 don’t step up next year.

Yet, when we had a decent list of fit players to choose from we flogged the Cats.

Our best is good enough, outside of Bailey Smith I don’t think we need to do too much except get a couple of nippy, creative ball users in the draft.

Then just another KPD type, would certainly take Trainor at 11 if he fell there which I doubt he will, SDK is an absolute pipedream and not going to happen.
Willing to keep using Young as second fiddle and train up JSOS over the summer, his best traits are much better suited to a backman
If we get more speed in the middle we can disrupt the oppo much better on their ball movement than this year which makes it easier to defend for the undersized like Kemp and McGovern

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes we did but we also lost to the Crows, Pies (first time), Giants and Bulldogs when we fielded decent teams. As great a win as it was I do think we need to move past pointing to that win as evidence we are the real deal. The performance was the exception rather than the rule. I’m not sure we have the players and coaches to get enough wins like that to be a real contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waaaaaaaay too low on Rankine. Had a rough year with injury and suspension but showed he's a game-changer with mid rotations. Would only have Walsh, Butters, Rozee and Blakey ahead of him in that draft.

Rankine was rated number 2 in the AFL behind Heeney before he was injured. Top 3 for sure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cannot emphasise enough the importance of ball movement, overlap, one-two-three handballs. Brisbane were moving the ball exquisitely in the second half. The no look handballs, the overlap, the 3 players on the boundary line with cleans hands getting the ball 30 metres down the line before bringing it inboard to a player running past.

We do NOT play this way. We win the ball through individual brilliance ie Cripps busting a pack, TDK ripping it out of the ruck duel etc. The contest, contest, contest method won't last a whole season, it is too taxing.

We really, really need to build a better ball moving system.
Yep we are miles off the ball movement of the top few sides.
Some of the footskills displayed under pressure are better than ours under no pressure.

Yep we are miles off the ball movement of the top few sides.
Some of the footskills displayed under pressure are better than ours under no pressure.
The ability to retain the ball for an extra 1-2 posessions before the kick to contest would really add up over the course of a year.

Difference between blind hacks and targeted I50s.

Lij cost me last week, had a 17 leg same game multi $235 odds, only leg that didn't get up was lij finished on 68 fantasy points and needed 70, let's just say it's taken me a week to get over it.

I don’t get why you would put yourself through the agony???
Betting is and always has been a mugs game!
Better off without the “thrill”!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back