Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the beef with Martin's professionalism? Always put in when available.

A fair slice of irony to question his professionalism when he had to source a treatment plan for his calf issues independently of the club.
If Martin and Williams had delivered on their potential/talent at CFC, we'd have 18 premierships now...

Doubt that Houston would cost us 2 × 1sts

I'd say pick 11, or most likely trading our F1 for a late 1st this year from Tigers after trading with the Dockers
Beware the pick downgrade...Fools Paradise thinking a pick around 25 + Houston is equal to Travaglia, Lindsay or Trainor.
I see Houston as 2 seasons as an A Grader and 2 seasons as a B Grader = 80 games
Pick 25 is at the very best Berry falls our way maybe worse.
Point is after 2 years it is quite possible the side is full of mediocrity

This is a deep draft. I am pretty Confident Travaglia projects as a 150 to 200 game Half Back Flanker
Trainor should be avallable and he is a key piece of the puzzle
Lindsay good as well.
Far more likely to get a 10 year B to A Grader

Great post.

The only bidding war we should enter into for Owies is for other clubs bidding up his trade value.

Third rounder would be a great outcome, second rounder would be magnificent.

👍
Yep, we sure don't want to get into some bidding war for Owies.

With all due respect, if we end up overpaying to retain him, between him and Williams we'd potentially have one of the highest paid and least productive smaller forward duo in the AFL.

Either way, save the $$ to re-sign Weiters and TDK - which should be our highest priority.

Beware the pick downgrade...Fools Paradise thinking a pick around 25 + Houston is equal to Travaglia, Lindsay or Trainor.
I see Houston as 2 seasons as an A Grader and 2 seasons as a B Grader = 80 games
Pick 25 is at the very best Berry falls our way maybe worse.
Point is after 2 years it is quite possible the side is full of mediocrity

This is a deep draft. I am pretty Confident Travaglia projects as a 150 to 200 game Half Back Flanker
Trainor should be avallable and he is a key piece of the puzzle
Lindsay good as well.
Far more likely to get a 10 year B to A Grader

Not sure where you are getting a 2nd rounder, from what I posted

Yep, we sure don't want to get into some bidding war for Owies.

With all due respect, if we end up overpaying to retain him, between him and Williams we'd potentially have one of the highest paid and least productive smaller forward duo in the AFL.

Either way, save the $$ to re-sign Weiters and TDK - which should be our highest priority.

I’m with you I don’t want to get into a bidding war to retain him.

I want other clubs to get into a bidding war to drive up his trade price.

Watching the swans and lions in disappointment
I must say what a waste of the last two years with our club we should have been the great Victorian hope especially this year
Glad to see the club delist the cloggers but they haven’t cut deep enough
Hope to see curly draft speed KPDs and good ball users and if it’s not to much to ask for a good tactician

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zac Williams and Jack Martin were atrocious recruiting decisions, both injury prone and lacking professionalism to perform to our expectations.
Their salaries combined weighed us down, at least one is off the books completely. Poor recruiting decision which hopefully will not be repeated.

Easy to say in hindsight…

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back